1 2 3 ... 50
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/9/19 7:53 p.m.

I've got build threads for cars.  But the life stuff generally gets thrown in with the car stuff and then it's just lost.  In the next year I am anticipating the house becoming very different, the garage becoming very different, and just general quality of life improvements happening.  So I'll document random non car build stuff here because sometimes i like telling stories.

For example this is how we arrived home from the challenge 

so I ordered super mega beefcake shackles

or how earlier this week I took a customer's kitchen ceiling from this

to this

and did some tile backsplashes 

so general that kind of stuff.  

Patrick
11/9/19 8:01 p.m.

Or how monday was my first day back from challenge coma vacation so the work trailer decided to find some hole or something in the road?  I didn't feel anything 

wednesday kicked ass though i got up early enough to hit aldi before work and grab these for the kids because they're always gone by the afternoon they hit the shelves.

the agenda is busy through the holidays.  We're waiting on the quote to add onto the garage, my uncle is going to come help me drop some trees, we're going to Michigan for thanksgiving, indy for PRI, etc.

these are my favorite post challenge pictures 

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Reader
11/9/19 8:03 p.m.

Dude, total beefcake.

Those shackles are ok too....

Patrick
11/10/19 12:25 p.m.

Today we're up on our goofy roof to see if it needs any band aids to make it through winter. Also measuring for adding a new roof over top of the old one in the spring with a more traditional (ie not stupid and all the angles) roof and metal roofing so i never have to do it again.  The rubber membrane is shrinking leading to some exposed E36 M3ty celotex underlayment on top of asphalt roll roofing.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/10/19 12:36 p.m.

That doesn't look right, shingles should go over the top of the black rubber bladder (or whatever).  Water sneaks under to rot wood.

Patrick
11/10/19 1:44 p.m.

They do, it's a weird shadowy optical illusion 

Patrick
11/10/19 4:46 p.m.

Wheel Horse not starting.  It's my plow.  Apparent no spark, on points that i set a couple months ago and a new coil, and it was running solid before i parked it.  Maybe the fact that a mouse came out of the wiring area is to blame 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
11/10/19 5:27 p.m.
Patrick said:

Top left is where all the magic happens. 

Patrick
11/10/19 6:00 p.m.

My bedroom is at the front of the house, Mr Stamps.

mice ate wires on wheel horse and ruined the ignition switch.  Unhooked the trailer from it, got the truck over to the trailer, and used the swingset and a couple ratchet straps as an A frame to get our new old 5+ foot tall 400+ pound statue upright.  She can stand there till spring as far as i'm concerned, that bitch is heavy.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/10/19 6:04 p.m.
Patrick said:

My bedroom is at the front of the house, Mr Stamps.

mice ate wires on wheel horse and ruined the ignition switch.  Unhooked the trailer from it, got the truck over to the trailer, and used the swingset and a couple ratchet straps as an A frame to get our new old 5+ foot tall 400+ pound statue upright.  She can stand there till spring as far as i'm concerned, that bitch is heavy.

What?

No pictures?

(the statue, not where the "work happens")

Patrick
11/10/19 7:36 p.m.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/10/19 7:46 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Nice, it cast or chiseled?

Patrick
11/10/19 8:04 p.m.

Cast.  She's about 5'6" because she comes up to just under my nose.  She needs a bath from laying on the trailer on an old mattress since September.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/11/19 6:41 a.m.

She's a babe. 

Patrick
11/11/19 8:45 a.m.

Big job rescheduled by customer to jan6 start date  due to out of town company deciding to come next week. Because of this, i'm filling in this week and next all the stupid little stuff we told people we could get to by year's end.  Nothing on the schedule today so heading to grmer MrMSB house 2 hours south to pick up a hoard of vw parts.  Dropped off kids, hitting derpot for some new straps because someone has the big trailer blocked in across the street so I cannot open the ramp door and all my straps at the back.  Have dad's little 6x12 trailer 

Patrick
11/11/19 2:01 p.m.

oh my god this place in mount vernon has ALL THE JAGS

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
11/11/19 2:07 p.m.

Frenchy's???

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/11/19 2:27 p.m.
Patrick said:

that kid knows what's up!

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/11/19 8:02 p.m.
Patrick said:

Wheel Horse not starting.  It's my plow.  Apparent no spark, on points that i set a couple months ago and a new coil, and it was running solid before i parked it.  Maybe the fact that a mouse came out of the wiring area is to blame 

P....I did the stale gas two step five days ago ......on all my small motors ....best time I've spent on 'maintenance'...plus now i have a fair amount of burn pile stimulator...... 

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/11/19 8:07 p.m.
Patrick said:

YOU find this E36M3 in Columbia Station on TRASH DAY .....get out!!!

Patrick
11/11/19 8:13 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Good gas.  Cleaned out the nest they chewed the crap out of the wires to the point of the ignition wire being chewed off the switch.  I'll deal with it if it warms up this week like they say it will.  The statue was left at our other house after my cousin moved out, I couldn't leave her there to get sold with the house.  

759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
11/11/19 8:28 p.m.

What's her name?

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/12/19 10:30 a.m.

Hey, I know that place. I've driven past it a few times. According to Google, that's C H Tool & Die 4-D Custom Die. Apparently they make custom firearm components, nothing Jaguar related. Must be the owner's hobby then.

Patrick
11/24/19 9:52 a.m.

The truck.  4475 miles ago i removed a couple  failed and ever problematic systems and now we're sitting here:

In an 8,000 pound brick with somewhere north of 800 lb/ft of torque that pulls trailers often.  I reset the mpg reading at 60,004 when i did the work.  We got close to 12 on the challenge trip with the 28' trailer and lots of idling for a/c.  Last time we got just under 10 with around a ton and a half less cargo.  So fuel savings are not insignificant.

this was upon arrival home from meeting Slowbird at summit racing to grab a bumper for axehealey and scoring a clearance balancer for Indy Guy's tr4(and some clearance solid motor mounts for my stash)

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia Dork
11/24/19 11:00 a.m.
759NRNG said:
Patrick said:

P....I did the stale gas two step five days ago ......on all my small motors ....best time I've spent on 'maintenance'...plus now i have a fair amount of burn pile stimulator...... 

I hear the hot set-up is aviation gas ,  it is made to last a lot longer......

1 2 3 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JyJMW49e8YqufYJtznt8k5HL7YoOgNhqI89KEtC3ZxHPK5MgyT4YuJAaFA2Q8jqN