1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50
sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
12/13/21 9:33 a.m.
DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
12/13/21 9:35 a.m.

Hmmmm......the golf cart wheels will fit that thing nicely......

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/13/21 9:56 a.m.

It's 12 years older than me based on the title it's a 1968.  

i am brainstorming, it's down on the list.  Plan is get 57 and Wartburg done for summer, pcm tune the datsun because it runs fine but also ls6 heads/cam is not optimized on a stock 5.3 tune, then start on the Devin.  THEN we can figure out what to do with the corona.  But i have a $0 aluminum 5.3 short block.  The plan for now is collect as much free stuff as i can either for the car or for trade bait for the parts needed.  It definitely is not a restoration candidate, it's pretty rough, so best use will be a challenge car or street toy with no regard for originality.  I have a prius donor car for the electric power steering column so i have most of a prius to use as trade bait as well.  

with that i need some free or trade LS heads as long as they're not 97-98 perimeter bolt heads they will work.  I can trade some bmw wheels or a set of vortec L31 350 heads(or some other stuff but right now those are the 2 bigger things).  There is also no rush.  

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/21 9:21 p.m.

Lit for the holidays 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
12/17/21 9:27 p.m.
Patrick (Forum Supporter) said:

Lit for the holidays 

Beautiful....very well done....Merry Xmas!!!!

pssst...... did you get the building inspector position????

Hey with this display your peeps behind you better step their game.........wink

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/17/21 9:37 p.m.

Who'd be crazy enough to put a pushrod V8 in a Corona? wink

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/10/22 9:41 p.m.

Did a thing today, now i have 2 rams

11GTCS
11GTCS Dork
2/4/22 8:17 p.m.

Just stumbled across this and thought it might fit here. laugh

Patrick
2/4/22 9:15 p.m.

Made a mount for the lawn tractor plow i found in the garbage last summer on the Grizzly.  Going to mount a winch for lifting and lowering, but it works.  

78CobraII
78CobraII New Reader
2/5/22 12:10 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

Who'd be crazy enough to put a pushrod V8 in a Corona? wink

Geeze I'm glad I didn't see that one for sale!

I drove a 1970 4dr in high school...completly different body though. Probably the same 8RC engine though.

I remember a radical build (maybe Hot Rod mag?)  about 20 years ago...tube framed, and a Toyota NASCAR V8...yes, pushrods. :)

Patrick
2/5/22 7:54 p.m.

Completed the plow today.  No more chains and carabiners, now it goes up and down with the push of a button

also powersports batteries can kiss my ass, so i put a car battery in it 

Patrick
2/6/22 8:31 a.m.
11GTCS said:

I need the bumper and grill.  Thinking about fiberglass bumper with E36 M3ty silver spray paint for now unless i can find a low end driver quality one locally.  I'm not paying $500 for a bumper and another few hundred for a grill and bar

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/6/22 9:27 a.m.

Why not do Chrome vinyl wrap on the fiberglass Parts instead of spray paint

Patrick
2/6/22 2:11 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Why not do Chrome vinyl wrap on the fiberglass Parts instead of spray paint

Did not think of that.  Solid plan.  Or stickerbomb the bumper to go with my jdm rims so all the old car show guys can freak out 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/6/22 2:55 p.m.

Its a thought ive had for years. I have never tried it, but Google pictures on my phone makes it look fantastic! 

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/6/22 5:25 p.m.
11GTCS said:

Not sure why, but the more mundane cars of the '50's, '60's, and even '70's are starting to catch my eye.  Time was I wouldn't have batted an eye at that '57.  Too many doors.  Not cool.  These days I think they might even be cooler than the 2 doors.  Why not?  They aren't significantly heavier.  All the mechanical stuff is the same.  Plus, more utility.  What's not to like?

Patrick
2/6/22 6:18 p.m.

My 54 Belair is a 4 door.  I love it but sometimes I think about getting doors and quarters for a 2 door and doing some welding. 

been thinking a lot about the Corona the last few days.  If I keep it it'll likely be a tube frame drag car, but with as easy as it is to make ridiculous power with boosted LS stuff i would be miles and miles and cubic yards/dollars ahead just selling it and using my no rust mustang that is a cage away from being a ready to go 10.5" tire car

Patrick
2/19/22 9:35 p.m.

When Colin and I went to the cabin in November, the radio in the truck bricked itself.  Instead of having the dealer do something as it's out of warranty I took the head unit that was in the rusty q45 and got the interface for the truck so now i have carplay, gps, etc 

excellent timing because I'm driving to NC Wednesday 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/20/22 12:15 a.m.

Looks like we both had stereo days!

Yours is fancier though. 

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/20/22 7:52 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I am going to pretend that I didn't see you say you are thinking of selling the corona. 

That way maybe I can ignore it if you list it up for sale. 

Patrick
2/20/22 7:54 a.m.

In reply to Somebeach (Forum Supporter) :

I'll include the awd LS stuff if i get back what i have invested- around 700 after diesel and gift card for jshaawbaru for snagging it and cash for the car. Come get it when it gets warmer out.  

Once my brain says "maybe i should sell" that's my cue to do so.  With the changes to the challenge, I no longer have the goal that I set out to do when I purchased the Corona.  Without that goal, the car serves no purpose for me.

I'm rethinking everything at this point and if something doesn't serve me, then it's gone.  I'm ready to get the stuff I'm working on currently done, work toward the Devin restoration and buying an R32 Skyline and off anything else be it a car or part or cool 80's collectible or video game that's not providing me some return or value.  Some things provide the most value when you let them go because you're free of the obligation to them.  I've even cleaned out my closet to ebay and have been selling the clothes that are too big for me.  Having a closet full of "expansion slot" clothes that are 2-4 sizes too big is just a reason to fall off the healthy train.  

Sand rail update:  Jonah and I are going to piece together a northstar/4T80e/harness/shifter/pcm/cradle/axles/uprights combo from his land of the lost cadillacs behind the barn and I'm going to ebay all my VW stuff.  I've decided to stick to what I know and make a 300hp v8 work versus dealing with the worst of VW from 1958-75.  Then I can do a front brake kit with 5x4.5 rotors to "match" the caddy 5x115 rear and run any of my mustang/Q45 wheels

speaking of the Q45, it's time with me has come to an end.  It's been a fun almost 2 years, kept me sane through the shutdown stuff in 2020, but it's an easy button and having that easy button there has been a crutch I've used to not get the Wartburg done.  It's going to a loving home with a young Infiniti enthusiast and I'm excited for the next chapter of the car's life.  

Somebeach (Forum Supporter)
Somebeach (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
2/20/22 10:58 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

If you can hang onto it a while I might have an interesting trade idea. But I am still working out the details in my head. 

Patrick
2/21/22 8:39 a.m.

In reply to Somebeach (Forum Supporter) :

It's not going anywhere

Patrick
3/20/22 9:17 a.m.

If anyone has noticed my slew of for sale threads, things are afoot.

I've decided that my best path forward is to purge everything- cars, collectibles, tools, trailers, video games, sports memorabilia, etc and anything else that doesn't spark joy for me.   I'm getting to a good place mental health wise but the clutter is not letting me get the rest of the way there.  I can't finish mentally decluttering till I've finished physically decluttering.  

A few weeks ago I delivered my Q45 to Kuma, who is loving it.  I delivered my tow dolly to Michael, who seemed to love it.  Yesterday I sent Gumby home with a set of wheels and Rainbow Dash, signaling the end of my $2000 challenge career as far as cheap cars go.  

on the chopping block are my 14' and 28' enclosed trailers, sand rail, datsun, corona, and I've got a couple flip vehicles to fix and sell.  Also have probably 40 wheels to sell or give away, all my ACVW stuff, dune buggy body, piles of parts for cars i'll never own or used to own.  

my ideal garage inhabitants are my 54 and 57 chevy, wartburg, Carli's 72 chevelle, and an R32 gts-t skyline.  Everything I am about to do is working toward that goal.  I need to be able to go out to the garage, open door, turn a key and drive something cool.  I also need to be able to go out there and sit down with my welder and make some art from scraps.  I want to make yard art and house decorations from scraps and springs and metal sheets to sell.  

current skyline fund from selling vehicles and parts in the last few months is $6940 as well as purchasing an 03 Ram 1500 that needs an ecm and an 06 h3 that I've yet to pick up with electrical gremlins.  Proceeds from selling those two when fixed(or hummer may part out depending on extent of the gremlins) will go straight to this fund, as will be sales of any of the above mentioned vehicles and trailers.  

because everyone loves pictures and progress, wednesday I dug a 100' trench to take the foundation drain out to the ditch along the road.  When we dug the addition footing we lost the drain pipe because it crossed the new foundation and it's been dumping into the driveway making an ice problem and a water through the basement wall problem.  It went smooth except for having to sawzall out 6" roots here and there.  I'm currently waiting for everything to dry out some so we can really start moving dirt and grading/landscaping without just making a mud pit.  

gumby
gumby GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/20/22 1:17 p.m.

Happy to help you progress toward a goal!

Thanks again for storing my GRM Relay'd seats. We fulfilled the prophetic "forget both" on the starter and alternator....I guess we try again when we exchange the garage art.

1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zd2u1MOMvakc77gCt18iLzongSLVOqWkct3LbgFmbIL7DJR6sWnvj82O5p98Yh5r