1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50
Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/11/22 8:35 p.m.

I have a hammock but no stand for it yet. Going to see what kind of lumber is left over from things 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/11/22 9:17 p.m.

Hang hammock from eyelets into rafters on the porch to allow for all-weather hammocking? 

Patrick
8/12/22 4:37 p.m.

My grill now has a porch. Have to buy a few sections of railing and figure out how to nicely wrap the posts in vinyl because treated wood rots aluminum trim coil.

Because i have some material left over, i'll do the same corrugated metal around the bottom that I did on the front porch and tie it all together 

Patrick
8/23/22 8:24 p.m.

Meet the new lights. Same as the old lights. 

i will say it was interesting sitting there by the door when the lightning hit. I was drinking from a stainless cup and i joked "lightning will hit the roof before it hits my cup" about 2 minutes before it hit. It was the loudest most immediate  thunder I've ever heard and it took a few days for my eyes to get back to normal.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/23/22 8:29 p.m.

You have a beautiful deck

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
8/23/22 8:35 p.m.

These are some unsolicited deck pics I can enjoy

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/23/22 9:00 p.m.
Patrick said:

My grill now has a porch. Have to buy a few sections of railing and figure out how to nicely wrap the posts in vinyl because treated wood rots aluminum trim coil.

Because i have some material left over, i'll do the same corrugated metal around the bottom that I did on the front porch and tie it all together 

Could you go no railing? Or a perimeter bench?

Maybe build up some soil if it's >30" higher. 

Patrick
8/23/22 9:08 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

I already have half the railing stuff, and I don't want anyone drunk or high falling off and getting hurt. It's just for the grill, smoker, work table, and a couple chairs

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
8/24/22 9:20 a.m.

Place is looking absolutely incredible.  Bummed I won't make it out there in a few weeks, but I'll get out there soon to stake my claim on the loft.  So proud of how much you've accomplished!

Patrick
8/26/22 11:37 p.m.

Moved all the rocks, put garden edging against the wood and metal surfaces so the dirt doesn't sit against them, and planted some stuff. Ordered a pond liner and a little fountain to turn the kids' old sandbox into a water feature 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/27/22 9:03 a.m.
Patrick said:

Moved all the rocks, put garden edging against the wood and metal surfaces so the dirt doesn't sit against them, and planted some stuff. Ordered a pond liner and a little fountain to turn the kids' old sandbox into a water feature 

Wow just wow......

Patrick
8/28/22 5:45 p.m.

Made a little water feature with a fountain today and am currently laying on another new bench. We need more dirt

Patrick
8/29/22 6:25 p.m.

Did some trailer repair and tested it with 6k of dirt and mulch, it didn't snap in half

mixed up all the soil and compost bags to make garden dirt and spread it out

am sore

Patrick
8/31/22 9:17 p.m.

Mulch and plants, and I ran a circuit for the pond. Having the outside main panel made adding that a 30 minute job. 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
8/31/22 9:50 p.m.

Dude hang that hummingbird feeder up on the porch kinda where the lights are or out on the fascia and add two more minimum I'm not jokin'......3 cups of water to one cup of sugar...DO IT !!!!the chillrenz will luff you  as will momma   wink

Patrick
8/31/22 10:10 p.m.

We have 3 on the porch, that one is in the mulch because it leaks 

Patrick
9/1/22 6:27 p.m.

Garage getting way cleaner and more usable. I believe posting these pics is what is referred to as "flexing"

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
9/1/22 6:30 p.m.

Flex all you want brother.

Sweet.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
9/1/22 7:57 p.m.

Serious progress since Saturday!

Patrick
9/7/22 8:48 p.m.

Restored an old Gunn barrister's bookcase yesterday. It was pretty rough when I started with peeling top veneer, squirrel E36 M3, broken glass, random scotch tape,  and lots of scratches. just needed some TLC. Scraped the veneer and glue, cleaned, sanded a lot of bad spots, sanded the top, mixed stain and blended all the bare spots, hit it with a fresh coat of amber shellac, made a new window for the broken panel, and moved it into the house yesterday evening. I'm thrilled with how it came out and since everything was here already left from jobs I'm into it for about $4. 

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
9/7/22 9:37 p.m.

Jeez I can barely get the lawn mowed between weekends...

That looks awesome!

(Nick and I did grab a free executive desk and get it pseudo-refinished for the mama - she loves it)

Patrick
9/17/22 11:40 a.m.

Gardens looking happy, plants all perked up and the new hydrangea is having pink blooms. Made adjustments to the fountain to keep it from splashing the water out and it's doing well. It would only be more perfect if only cool cars went by on the road, and maybe less traffic

also if anyone happens across a renault fuego turbo with the big slide open roof I kinda want one and know there are none left so it's pretty harmless to put it out there

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/17/22 11:47 a.m.

There are two in KRAP in Toledo 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/17/22 11:57 a.m.

The evolution of that house is outstanding. I love a big porch and this one is huge. #Winning. 

Patrick
9/17/22 12:08 p.m.

In reply to chandler :

Honestly that's probably the best place for them, but nostalgia is weird just like french cars

1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 50

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jTgKyYqt2fTYVxDFDe7LEiyui5iVng5xczaP3ogRiodjKrPk7uvqWGbNXbKpuIfD