1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/6/18 5:31 a.m.

It's good to have friends who are also scroungers and know you well. I was given these by my good friend who makes a living buying storage units and selling on eBay. 

Need to figure out these soon. Might paint them white first. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/6/18 7:16 p.m.

No photos, but we took about a 60 mile round trip with the DogeVan to meet a buyer for the cabinets that the State of Illinois installed in it. No issues with the van, but just as important, $120 back into my pocket for more project tomfoolery. (Yay)

maj75
maj75 HalfDork
10/6/18 7:51 p.m.

That rear bumper needs to go...

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/6/18 8:59 p.m.

In reply to maj75

That will probably be the last thing I worry about on this build​​​​​. This van will be built to work, and that step bumper is as good as gold for pulling around trailers when needed. 

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/11/18 8:53 a.m.

Will likely use that bumper today to pick up the Kei Car project. 

As long as it doesn't rain.  I swear I should buy wiper bushings in bulk...

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
10/11/18 9:23 a.m.

When i did my wiper bushings they popped apart again one more time so i went in and drilled and tapped holes into the ball studs on the linkage, then loctited in some bolts and washers so that the bushings cant pop apart unless the loctited bolt backs out (hopefully never?).  A little extra work but might wanna consider it! I learned about these bushings on K-cars but they're much harder to get to on the van so I decided I never wanted to make a 3rd trip in...

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/11/18 9:49 a.m.

In reply to Vigo :

I remember that you had posted this somewhere but I couldn't remember where. 

I figured this post would draw you out, though .angel

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
10/11/18 9:52 a.m.

And as I mentioned on IG, I need to do bushings on the K-Wag, D350 MegaCrew, and now this, so I'll probably upgrade them all at the same time. 

Cooter
Cooter UltraDork
1/31/20 1:58 a.m.

Been fighting insomnia for months.   

Decided to get the lead out tonight and spend some time with a friend I haven't worked with in over a decade.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/13/21 8:00 a.m.

Finally starting to get some forward momentum.

Fixed the headlights, replaced the wiper bushings, and gave it a much needed wash.

May be an image of text that says 'BASIL BASIO JE H6054 0 COLOR COULEUR 12.8V,35/65W SYLVANIA'

No photo description available.

May be an image of van

Then, on to bigger and better things-

255/60r15 on 8.5" on the front.

275/60r15 on 10" in the back.

Of course,  it wouldn't be complete without some glamour shots in front of the finest establishments in town-

May be an image of car and outdoors

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/13/21 8:01 a.m.

Going to see how it looks without the running boards next, and I'm contemplating a drop of an inch or two in the front.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/13/21 8:22 a.m.

Love those wheels, perfect period looks. yes

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
5/13/21 9:48 a.m.
Cooter said:

Going to see how it looks without the running boards next, and I'm contemplating a drop of an inch or two in the front.

I was going to suggest these two things. Sounds like a good plan. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/17/21 9:53 a.m.

Knowing what's best for me, I scheduled a Running Board-ectomy.

May be an image of outdoors

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
5/17/21 10:11 a.m.

So. Much. Better. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/17/21 10:19 a.m.

Current bumpstop situation. 

Looks like I may be able to easily drop it about an inch or so in the front without running into bigger issues.   I will have to trim down the bumpstop to do it, but I think it will be okay. Some of the Dajiban guys are going bumpstop-free to get a lot more drop, but I don't think I need to do that yet. I'm also trying to save my lowering spindles for when I am sure I need them. 

May replace the bumpstop with a shorter one made of poly if I go two inches. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/17/21 10:38 a.m.

Saw this bumped and hoped I'd see the other wheels on it; but those are pretty sweet.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/17/21 10:42 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

The Anacondas are too cool to put on the wrong generation van. 

Though I am sorely tempted to swap them onto my 2wd Ramcharger if I can't find the right '94-95 Dajiban to build soon enough. 

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/17/21 4:06 p.m.

Checked the wheel opening measurements, and this is what I came up with.

Passenger rear-

Passenger Front-

Driver's Side Rear-

Driver's Side Front-
(excuse the crooked tape- I was trying to hold the tape measure with one hand while focusing the phone with the other)

Now, this is in front of my house, which has a bit of a crown towards the curb.   It is also with a the van partially loaded with some vintage for our side business.   (The Dodge vans also place the drivetrain a few inches to the passenger side to give the driver better room in the footwell)   But averaging things out tells me that an inch drop should help close up the wheelwell gap in front, give a bit more rake, and make it look a little less like a gasser.   Still thinking about an inch and a half, though.

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/18/21 7:17 a.m.

Flares planned?

Cchambers13
Cchambers13 New Reader
5/18/21 7:29 a.m.

Looking forward to the post drop outcome, love me some van action. Was in for the Dijiban but will stay for the 70's-80's custom mashup... needs more heart window (I think my dad helped install one in the 70's...) and plywood splitter because GRM.

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/18/21 2:31 p.m.

In reply to Ian F (Forum Supporter) :

Maybe a chin spoiler.  If I did flares, they would have to be blend flares, as the tires would ger lost inside mud flares.  The tread on the rear tire only sticks out a half an inch from the wheelwell lip.     

My other thought is to swap the rear ends between the van and my Ramcharger, as I want to run 20" Ram spares on the RC,  the van rear is wider than the trucks, and they both have narrower rear tracks than front.  

Cooter
Cooter UberDork
5/18/21 2:33 p.m.
Cchambers13 said:

Looking forward to the post drop outcome, love me some van action. Was in for the Dijiban but will stay for the 70's-80's custom mashup... needs more heart window (I think my dad helped install one in the 70's...) and plywood splitter because GRM

Still waiting for the right Dajiban project to come along.    I am kind of limited, as I want a '94 or '95, so I won't have OBDII 

logdog (Forum Supporter)
logdog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
5/18/21 2:43 p.m.

How is the sliding door clearance with the 275s in the rear?

The kid in me wants big/little tires on my van, but the grownup in me wants a square setup so I can rotate them for max tire life.

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
5/18/21 6:53 p.m.

My dad had a 73 chevy with wide 5-slot oval wheels like that.  He had to get a longer sliding door arm to hang the door out further to clear the wheels and flares.  

1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fgPypYdFGNyY0CFZWP2fE13IJesWdNaI3jJ5NKxaJTZex28Ktkd6c5QpJHnEJVaV