1 2 3 4 ... 13
759NRNG
759NRNG UltraDork
10/30/19 9:40 a.m.

Dbd13 .........What wondrous news this is!!! I cannot think of a more deserving, qualified redneckmotorheadgeek to lay hands on this!!!  When you start the sheet metal 'two step' check out Cracker's 63 rambler mashup for inspiration , not to mention the Datsiniti ...hey Travis might even come by some 'free' (wink) weekend and lend you a hand. I know iffen i lived closer I'd ask OK what's next???  You Can DO THIS!!!!

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/30/19 9:47 a.m.

I'm excited to see how this build progresses. Just think, next year's big matchup could be front-engine Corvette/Corvair mashup vs. mid-engine Corvette/Corvair mashup! (Angry better get his car done is what I'm saying)

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/30/19 9:48 a.m.
Patrick said:

Disclaimer - stampie is a really good friend and I do not believe he has the time or tools to finish it right.  I'm not knocking him, but when he told me Michael would be doing the finishing and he just wanted to own it i was down.  

Pat's right. No way would I have the time and while I can buy the tools it would take years and then I'd just be bitter. So I'll give you my background on Darth Nader. I fell in love when Pat text me the first teaser pictures.  I was up there a few months later and I couldn't look at Darth Nader.  You know how when there's this really pretty girl in the room and you don't dare look at her because you're afraid you'll become a bumbling idiot?  Yeah that's how I was. As already said I tried to buy Darth Nader when it stalled a year ago. I thought it was never to be and then the text happened. I really didn't have the time. I'm finally building something from the ground up and that's something I've been putting off for years. I had pretty much decided to tell Pat I couldn't buy it when Michael called me. Michael's deal was amazing to me. I get a car that makes me all gitty inside, it was started by a man that I have mad respect for and it's being finished by another man that is probably the best here for detail orientated builds. As I told Michael he's the only person I'd be ok with finishing Darth Nader. 

Stampie
10/30/19 9:49 a.m.
slowbird said:

I'm excited to see how this build progresses. Just think, next year's big matchup could be front-engine Corvette/Corvair mashup vs. mid-engine Corvette/Corvair mashup! (Angry better get his car done is what I'm saying)

I've been trying to be good in my E36 M3 talking.  Before the Challenge but after I had bought Nader I offered a bet to Angry. I'm still up for it. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/30/19 10:07 a.m.

Wait, is it THOSE seats that were floating around the challenge? I'd need a full hazmat suit to sit in those.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 10:11 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

The seat i sat in then felt dirty?  Yeah

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/30/19 11:22 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I literally shuddered reading that. those made me feel dirty looking at them. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/30/19 11:30 a.m.
bobzilla said:

Wait, is it THOSE seats that were floating around the challenge? I'd need a full hazmat suit to sit in those.

Heh. Y'all should see whrre I go day to day. These seats are berkeleying spotless. 

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 12:50 p.m.
Stampie said:
slowbird said:

I've been trying to be good in my E36 M3 talking.  Before the Challenge but after I had bought Nader I offered a bet to Angry. I'm still up for it. 

refresh my memory as to the conditions and the stakes.

NordicSaab
NordicSaab Dork
10/30/19 1:08 p.m.

Random note, I may contribute to this build at some point. wink

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/30/19 2:14 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
bobzilla said:

Heh. Y'all should see whrre I go day to day. These seats are berkeleying spotless. 

I know your clientele. You ain't lying. 

java230
java230 UberDork
10/30/19 2:52 p.m.

Glad to see this getting done!!

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/30/19 2:59 p.m.

This is gonna be awesome!

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/30/19 3:30 p.m.

Cool to see this project moving again.  Good luck on that mountain of work ahead!  If your previous cars are an indicator, this will be really awesome!

Dusterbd13-michael
10/30/19 3:41 p.m.

I may have to paint it. Looks incredibly badass wet. 

Probably won't though. Too much like work. 

Stampie
10/30/19 3:45 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Darth Nader beats your aborted Frankenstein in the Challenge overall points. One Benjamin and a hug. 

Stampie
10/30/19 3:51 p.m.
NordicSaab said:

Random note, I may contribute to this build at some point. wink

You’ve already contributed with turbo consulting. 

AngryCorvair
10/30/19 5:54 p.m.
Stampie said:

Darth Nader beats your aborted Frankenstein in the Challenge overall points. One Benjamin and a hug. 

Benjamin is on the $5, isn’t he?

Dusterbd13-michael
10/30/19 6:08 p.m.

Ill be honest. 

I kind of regret going live with this build. I REALLY want to get started and give you guys some progress. But i have a list of stuff to do beforr this becomes the primary build. And ive onle been back a day or two. And have a cold. And....

Excuses excuses....

AngryCorvair
10/30/19 6:09 p.m.

Stampie said:

Tell you what:  since the list of stuff Patrick says was about a grand adds up to $2600 and change, I will bet you that Benjamin on the same scale.  So when I smash your collective brown-eye in the overall, you’ll only owe me $38.46.

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
10/30/19 6:24 p.m.

Ok ya'll are gonna make me have to show up next year because this heating up and it ain't even November yet.

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/30/19 8:17 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

That's ok I'm going to waste them both with my i'm not telling you what

Daylan C
Daylan C PowerDork
10/30/19 8:44 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Ok now I'm curious, you have my number. I won't tell. Promise.

AngryCorvair
10/30/19 8:46 p.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to Daylan C :

That's ok I'm going to waste them both with my i'm not telling you what

“Bought not Built” isn’t really how this works...

Stampie
10/30/19 8:52 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:
Stampie said:

Benjamin is on the $5, isn’t he?

All those $20s you've flashed?  That the only bill you know?

1 2 3 4 ... 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L0iqnbXa1t5z4yLDqLWgSWkZMiU455kQ4L0azJSRcnFh5AiXl204g0rrQYCXlgik