1 2 3 ... 5
mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 7:14 p.m.

This was the year of getting rid of toys. Sold 7 and only bought 1. Was happy with all hipster BAT money coming my way. Nice driveway, clean, nothing parked outside

Then got a free Lexus RX and now this. (I know first world problems). 

of course it is hard to control addictions when you have enabling friends like Mike ( who bought GSR sedan from me few months ago) - aka Bmw88rider 

saw the ad a few weeks ago on a forum that I member about 17 years. 

Seller bought it from a neighbor. Multiple Bmw  owner, I think he thought it would be cool to have. Then realized old car ownership in reality isn't always fun. 

I called Mike to go check out car (Denver), he of course obliged - as nice a guy as he is. He drove it - gave it a thumbs up. He said it was too cheap. 

I went back and forth with the seller - grinded him a bit - was no go. We ended the deal as we couldn't come to an agreement. 

today I was going to put a deposit on another one in Reno (still may happen - owner is old landline only - so waiting on that still), I messaged Denver guy and said my offer still stands if you want it. 

he said "weather here is bad and I want garage space bad and wife wants gone. I will take a loss but it's yours" 

well GULP, didn't expect that! 

very very happy with the price. 

• 1985 FJ60 
  • MT 
  • sand colour 
  • working AC
  • bone stock 
  • all original 

i have not driven it. No clue. I trust mikes judgment 

truck picking it up on nov 10th 

now the waiting begins 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/27/20 7:18 p.m.

We have suprisingly similar taste in cars.  I loved my 1981 FJ!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 7:18 p.m.

All seller supplied pics 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 7:20 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

We have suprisingly similar taste in cars.  I loved my 1981 FJ!

we not only do have similar rates, our ownership history literally is identical. Thus I texted you the pics of the FJ! Lol. 

of course you are the better looking and richer twin!! 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/27/20 7:21 p.m.

Far from it!

That thing is awesome.  Don't sell it like I sold mine, you will later regret it. 

bmw88rider (Forum Supporter)
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/27/20 7:35 p.m.

Least I could do. I actually had a lot of fun going and checking it out. It's been a long time since I drove one.

It drives excellent. You'll enjoy it in So.Cal. 

So I guess the second snowfall of the year reminded him that winter is near.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 8:23 p.m.

Reason this FJ60 Is a dream, when I visited Toyota Megaweb Museum in Tokyo, this is what I bought there .... 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 8:23 p.m.
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) said:

Far from it!

That thing is awesome.  Don't sell it like I sold mine, you will later regret it. 

Plan is to enjoy it with the family.... but similar to you I have the same automotive ADD... that I try to avoid 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 8:24 p.m.
bmw88rider (Forum Supporter) said:

Least I could do. I actually had a lot of fun going and checking it out. It's been a long time since I drove one.

It drives excellent. You'll enjoy it in So.Cal. 

So I guess the second snowfall of the year reminded him that winter is near.

I will call you in 40 min. I owe you big as you know ! 

yeah he said with the snow you guys are having (75F here), he really doesn't want his other cars out in the snow... hehe 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/27/20 9:55 p.m.

Some interior and motor shots 

now the waiting begins 

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) New Reader
10/28/20 12:51 a.m.

Time capsule!

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 12:55 a.m.
newold_m (Forum Supporter) said:

Time capsule!

Hehe yes. Born before the hipster owners were ... 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/28/20 6:31 a.m.

I dig all fj crusiers. I did a full build on one 5 years ago and it was a fun one to work on. 

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/28/20 7:59 a.m.

Two words, rust.  And rust.

The stuff you see is the tip of the iceberg.  Toyota built these and the FJ55 out of tissue paper.  I looked a long time and gave up on finding one with no rust.  Bought a RHD FJ80 with manual transmission instead.  

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/28/20 8:30 a.m.

Nice!  How many miles on that thing?

10/28/20 9:13 a.m.

In reply to maj75 (Forum Supporter) :

It's actually not too bad. The floors and everything out side the lips is really pretty solid. I wnt through the entire under carriage in depth just for that reason. Good thing with Colorado trucks is really the rust isn't too bad for the most part. It's a native CO truck. The really dry weather here and the powdery snow is good for metal. 

10/28/20 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Woody (Forum Supportum) :

Woody, It's about 267K. Well taken care of for sure. It felt more solid than my Xterra with 125K miles in many ways. 

10/28/20 9:29 a.m.

Few of the grimy bits: 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 9:32 a.m.
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) said:

I dig all fj crusiers. I did a full build on one 5 years ago and it was a fun one to work on. 

Nice! Link? Would love to check it out. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 9:34 a.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

Nice!  How many miles on that thing?

Yup 267K as bmw88rider said. The "grimey bits," is what will make this a project of mine. :) It definitely isn't "concours" ready - not that I wanted one of those $50,000 FJ60s or could afford one of those

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand Reader
10/28/20 9:58 a.m.

Always liked them as well.  Was looking for one years back after selling my FZJ80 but ended up with a 100 series that I had then for a couple years.  Had cool livery decals made for it, was a great daily besides the thirst for gas

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 10:11 a.m.
Placemotorsports said:

Always liked them as well.  Was looking for one years back after selling my FZJ80 but ended up with a 100 series that I had then for a couple years.  Had cool livery decals made for it, was a great daily besides the thirst for gas

We had a 80, both a Toyota and Lexus version, never warmed up to the design. Of course when we sold ours, they were going for 5-7k$, now they are $25K trucks. We moved on to the 100s (2 of them), and now have 200 series (HE edition most recent).  The 100 was my favorite driver, though my FJCTT, has the most character, and the FJC TT getting into the $45-60K range these days. 

I would LOVE a 105 series, albeit we don't get one here. 

Ironically, the FJ60/62 MPG comparatively makes the 100/200 feel like a Prius, to me cool

AxeHealey
AxeHealey GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/28/20 10:42 a.m.

That body style has really grown on my over the years. There's a guy around me that seems to daily his all year long. I think he was really confused when I saw him the first time and honked like an idiot and gave him a thumbs up. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/28/20 10:48 a.m.

We were sort of cross shopping these when we bought the FJ Cruiser. Whenever I see one I'm sort of sad that we went the way we did, but 100k miles and nearly zero mantenence has been nice. 

This should be a fun thread. 

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
10/28/20 10:58 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

We were sort of cross shopping these when we bought the FJ Cruiser. Whenever I see one I'm sort of sad that we went the way we did, but 100k miles and nearly zero mantenence has been nice. 

This should be a fun thread. 

Hi Seth, the 3rd row you gave me to turn my FJCruiser into a 7 seater, has been fantastic, and we truly use it all the time!  

Yeah to me the 60 series is classic, from the middle east and africa and in my head (40 guys and iron pig fj55 guys will kill me), is the epitome of the design of the wagon. Of course the 105 series and the 70 series, neitehr we got stateside, are the other true warriors. 

This certainly WON'T be a FJC TT no maintenance thread, like you call mine the "Fire Chief Edition," the name has stuck by the way. I don't do anything on that, literally oil changes. We went to Moab and Canyonlands this year with it, before Covid shut down, and it didn't miss a beat. 

1 2 3 ... 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hVEc0QqGm74Y2zqmmmx3TW4qctkzOeR4EF01YXcH5gxuiYlzugyiJDjkze2KGNx4