1 ... 4 5 6
Recon1342
Recon1342 Reader
2/6/18 12:05 a.m.

Hellooo widebody!!

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
3/17/18 6:00 p.m.

There have been several chunks of progress on several parts of the build, but I'm pretty focused on finally wrapping the quarter plugs up so we can pull a body mold.

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
3/20/18 9:26 a.m.

Now for the drywall spackle.

artur1808
artur1808 GRM+ Memberand New Reader
3/20/18 9:56 a.m.

Jeebus!

How far does that stick past the "original" body?

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
3/20/18 3:23 p.m.

The subframe is 4" wider than the 'original', and the wheels have gone from 6" wide to 15" wide ... so that comes out to roughly 11" wider on each side. I've never been much of a Porsche fan, but I'm seeing a strong similarity here.

badwaytolive
badwaytolive New Reader
3/26/18 9:20 a.m.

Thumbs up for all the work you're doing here. I'm definitely interested to see how that wide of a fender extension looks. 280ZDeltaWing?

Sub'd.

damen

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
3/27/18 8:52 a.m.

Thanks, the YouTube series is where we're logging all the thinking that goes on behind the scenes. I'm not sure what you mean by how it looks. It's going to look very similar to how this plug works. Once the plug shape is finalized, I'll pull a negative mold of it, and will probably make a few copies of the body panels so I can keep spares on-hand.

badwaytolive
badwaytolive New Reader
3/27/18 10:21 a.m.

In reply to drivendaily :

I meant how the car will look as a whole once it's finished.

Good luck!

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
3/27/18 3:53 p.m.
badwaytolive said:

I meant how the car will look as a whole once it's finished.

My bet is, "incomplete and hacked together by a blind person with no hands" ... but I'll love it anyway.

drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
7/30/19 10:34 a.m.

It's been a busy winter, but not with the Datsun. That's essentially just been sitting in my home garage bay, waiting for its moment to come back outside.

I rented and have been building out a 3500 sq/ft workshop with some collaborators, and using it to wrap up the other projects that I've had outstanding. As much as I want to bring the Datsun down and start tearing into it, I don't want to have any distractions when I do. I want to be able to focus solely on it.

That time is coming soon, as I'm running out of other unfinished projects.

1 ... 4 5 6

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
xX2bflKQjOomMycoNeRM2CDnQNQVvrcDtu4BKIvJ6DsvIyyEG0lZuLb6PeFiyDip