Asterion
Asterion None
2/7/21 10:41 a.m.

Started as a 1992 Mazda Miata. Had intended on just doing a stock ecotec swap. Pulled the body off the “roller skate”. Decided to build a custom chassis at this point. Extended the wheelbase by 9" to allow use of the factory oil pan.  Ecotec 2.4 LE5 engine swap. LEA block, 88.5mm 9.5:1 wiseco forged pistons, molnar forged rods, balance shaft delete, Saab 9-3 intake manifold and turbo fuel rail, ZZP stainless cast header, ZZP 60# injectors, DW200 fuel pump, Jo Racing built NB 5 speed trans, MSM torsen II differential with MSM axles, braced and welded differential case, Borg Warner S257-SXE turbo with Tial BOV and wastegate, NB brake booster and all new NB sport brakes, complete custom built tube chassis built to hold a factory Mazda Miata windshield. Stand alone wire harness, all auto meter carbon lite gauges, Braum seats, takata 4 point harnesses, and much more. This has been my first engine build, turbo, engine swap, and chassis build all in one. As well as several other small things I’ve had to learn to complete the project. Total weight is 1900lbs and on 93 octane power will be around 350/350 to the wheels as a safe estimate. From starting the project to first test drive was 8 months. Decided to add a turbo and the stock LE5 split a cylinder wall at 250whp. That's when I decided to upgrade everything. Built engine, better turbo, stronger transmission and stronger differential. Just made 2 years of time invested. All that's left now is to have it tuned again. 

newold_m (Forum Supporter)
newold_m (Forum Supporter) New Reader
2/7/21 11:21 a.m.

Wow, that's quite a project! Any more pictures?

Asterion
Asterion New Reader
2/7/21 11:39 a.m.

In reply to newold_m (Forum Supporter) :

I had selected multiple photos for the post but only one showed up. Same thing when I tried to reply with multiple photos. (New to this site so not sure why) 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 SuperDork
2/7/21 7:10 p.m.

In reply to Asterion :

Photos have to be loaded one at a time. Many can go in one post, but the loading procedure is singular.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
45C1ZvWqxOgVzR0X7JBXxRwtMc8UjphfAF6wO4LLkymrLYeh1dWTfF56Qps0M5N2