1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17
Slyp_Dawg
Slyp_Dawg GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
7/25/13 8:37 p.m.
Warren v wrote: Gotta love a job where "the boost made me do it" is an acceptable excuse for giving it a quick bootful after unloading the trailer.

Can i nominate this for "say what"?

Warren v
Warren v Reader
7/26/13 2:01 p.m.

Don't want to advertise blatantly, but as a heads up, we had a promotion two days ago where the next three cars sold got free wing mounts. There is one spot left. Check the "Exomotive" Facebook for details.

thestig
thestig New Reader
7/26/13 5:52 p.m.

Do you guys have prices yet on the rear wing brackets? Also where do i find that COT style wing? I wish I could take advantage of the special but I am a few months out from putting down a deposit.

Warren v
Warren v Reader
7/26/13 6:22 p.m.

In reply to thestig:

You gotta hunt for a COT wing used. We paid $440 for a set of two, but that is probably atypical. The quality of these wings is comparable to a new $2k wing. The front mounts allow for just about any old wing, just the back is COT specific.

Not sure what the prices are, actually. That's a Kevin question ( info@exomotive.com ) It should be on the website soon enough.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/26/13 6:40 p.m.

Warren, if you want to start playing with those update parts for the COT show car wings, I've got a wing that's hungering to be used for experimentalization. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Warren v
Warren v Reader
7/26/13 7:51 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner:

Hmm, I could grab our laser-wizard's showcar wing sometime early next week to make sure my drawings line up. My only real concern is the pour foam distending the wing.

Keith Tanner
7/26/13 8:03 p.m.

Maybe only pour a few inches at a time? If the foam isn't constrained strongly at the ends, maybe it'll just squeeze out and make a mess. Then we just have to figure out how to attach the ribs on the ends. Perhaps a pre-installed threaded insert on each spar. I'm thinking maybe two spars.

v8exocet
v8exocet New Reader
7/27/13 1:24 a.m.

needs apr gt300/200 mounting ability in the rear since thats the wing most people run and the copy cat wings use the same mounting points

Warren v
Warren v Reader
7/28/13 12:34 a.m.

In reply to v8exocet:

Got any documentation for that? I can add it in for the next run.

v8exocet
v8exocet Reader
7/28/13 8:27 a.m.

um yeah. i can get you dimensions check yruo FB

Warren v
Warren v Reader
7/29/13 12:57 p.m.

Last night:

Off to Flyin' Miata. Treat her well, guys. I barely got a few hours to work on her after VIR (she wasn't stored at our shop).

Keith Tanner
7/29/13 1:02 p.m.

We'll return it better than we get it

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose Reader
7/29/13 1:41 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: We'll return it better than we get it

/imagines Keith driving it back, pulling in with the rotors glowing, covered in filth and hundreds of dead bugs

Warren v
Warren v Reader
7/29/13 4:02 p.m.
SnowMongoose wrote: /imagines Keith driving it back, pulling in with the rotors glowing, covered in filth and hundreds of dead bugs

That's a win in my book.

Also, it might look a little different than we left it Sunday night. The shipping department at Tie Down decided it needed a little more protection and went a little overboard. Looks like it's ready to drop out of a C-130!

Keith Tanner
7/29/13 4:42 p.m.

That would be the coolest car delivery ever. Do it! I want an air drop!

mistanfo
mistanfo SuperDork
7/29/13 6:36 p.m.

And I want video!

Warren v
Warren v Reader
8/1/13 8:49 a.m.

The C-130 is loading up XP-3 at Grand Junction right now. Expect a morning dropoff. :)

v8exocet
v8exocet Reader
8/1/13 9:13 a.m.

i think tid be an L-100 not a C-130 :P

Warren v
Warren v Reader
8/1/13 2:28 p.m.

Too bad all FM's cameras are at the track right now.

I hear something interesting is happening back at their shop.

subrew
subrew Reader
8/1/13 5:51 p.m.
Warren v wrote:

That is a rather extreme angle on those upper control arms. Were you intending to bury your front roll center underground?

Warren v
Warren v Reader
8/1/13 11:23 p.m.

Lawls. I was waiting for that call out. That's as high as we could make it with the short springs we got. Very, very aware of the suspension geometry shortcomings, which is part of the reason why I'm so surprised it handled as well as it did at VIR.

Warren v
Warren v Reader
8/2/13 3:48 p.m.

Apparently, some people are managing to have fun with XP-3 over in Colorado.

Looks like someone managed to find longer springs in the front, too. Unless the AFCOs have adjustable bodies that I didn't know about...

Warren v
Warren v Reader
8/2/13 4:21 p.m.
On FM's Facebook page, Keith wrote: (Keith here): I have actually been lucky to drive an Atom and an Exocet hard on track. Both had forced induction. And the Atom didn't impress me, honestly. It just never took a set. The gear change was atrocious. The seat flexed all over. But it was the first that mattered. The car just wouldn't settle into a corner. The Exocet drives like a fast Miata on crack. It's the same friendly Miata chassis with such great adjustability, but everything is sped up. The braking still has us all impressed - partly due to the weight and partly due to a four-wheel FM little big brake kit You really can just jump in and go fast out of the box. An Atom is never friendly. It's mostly to impress people who have seen Top Gear videos on Youtube in my estimation. Cost no object, I'd rather have the Exocet.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151594237166631&set=a.223632916630.143433.175988061630&type=1&comment_id=9030389&offset=0&total_comments=16&ref=notif&notif_t=photo_reply&theater

Keith Tanner
8/3/13 9:59 a.m.

Warren, we didn't touch the suspension Although if I'd put the car together, I would have put the helpers on top up front and let the sliders "float". Doesn't seem to cause a problem with my car. I can swap in some 8" 450/300s in if you'd like, I think I have a set.

Excellent little car. Everyone who drove it loved it - you can drive it so fast right away. Like a Miata, it's on your side. You can do damn near anything. On about my third lap, I was coming out of one corner with about 1/4 turn of opposite lock as the car was sliding, and I didn't even think twice about shifting up at the same time.

BTW, 10 psi of boost and nice solid power. Misfires are exorcized.

It's strapped to the dyno right now. Then we'll do a walkaround for everyone at the Summer Camp.

Keith Tanner
8/3/13 4:35 p.m.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIcDt0WVk18

You know, what a 1500 lb car really needs is 310 wheel hp...

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5ndJmiGBUTf4jGKUwnkOkCr7bjwAy6yP95vjMNZWji482VNnPYpIrqI3O7KRJXH8