That is some top-shelf enabling right there

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
4/22/21 6:56 a.m.
gumby said:

In reply to Rigante :

That is some top-shelf enabling right there

I do my best.  yes

that moto technique car is about the nicest thing I've ever seen, ticks every box.

Here's some more inspiration

the 40v Audi engines with the belt drive cams seem to be the easiest to use as the chain drive cams ones are overly complex and the chains need doing on all of them

More audi into boxster transplant info here with engine dimensions  just posting this as it has dimensions,

I guess an LS is probably a cheaper option, in the UK where I am, LS are rare whereas Audi V8s are £1k on ebay.

RandolphCarter
RandolphCarter New Reader
4/22/21 7:53 a.m.

Just spitballing here, but some of the Honda Odyssey models have a 3.5 liter V6 with a 10 speed transmission and paddle shifters.

For that boy racer/tifosi vibe. (Scarf and ugly sunglasses sold separately) 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/22/21 8:17 a.m.

In reply to Rigante :

From the article: It has been mapped to start, hot or cold wether its up a mountain or down by the seashore

Is that not a normal thing with Ferrari engines or something?

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
4/22/21 8:19 a.m.

not with 60s/70s ferraris on webbers. Hot starting wasn't their best ability. He is updating classic cars, keeping all of the good stuff and removing the bad. So most modern ECU cars can do that, but it wasn't a thing that european classics did well. 

MadScientistMatt
MadScientistMatt UltimaDork
4/22/21 9:48 a.m.
RandolphCarter said:

Just spitballing here, but some of the Honda Odyssey models have a 3.5 liter V6 with a 10 speed transmission and paddle shifters.

For that boy racer/tifosi vibe. (Scarf and ugly sunglasses sold separately) 

The J series motors can also be paired with a 6 speed manual out of various Accords / Acuras, or use an adapter to fit a VW / Porsche transaxle.

dyintorace
dyintorace GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/22/21 10:09 a.m.

Amazing how much better the example on mesh wheels is as compared to the comparison shot. It looks the business at the lower ride height and appropriate wheels!

Rigante
Rigante New Reader
4/22/21 10:41 a.m.

Audi V6 engined one on Ebay  nasty cam covers but it looks pretty cool

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
4/22/21 11:04 a.m.

Does it still have the VW-914 wheel bolt pattern  4 x 130mm , 

not too hard to change to the Porsche disc brake 5 x 130 mm

BBS  5x130 rims are not really loved by the Porsche Purists and   will look real 1980s style

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
4/22/21 3:47 p.m.

Sweet! Looking forward to this!

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Z8OGqO07YJNt9Pl7YX9M5Veer7t2HVU4Z4ToIe46RwMcVSoVouYMaTcSZi6EXhTF