1 ... 91 92 93
CBaird
CBaird New Reader
3/30/22 2:14 a.m.

Well done sir but as far as I'm concerned this thread is not quite done. I still want to see a few passes and an in-car freeway pull with that V12 screaming!  Then and only then can you put a pin in it. Here's to 9000 rpm and beyond!

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/30/22 10:40 a.m.

ugh, this car with a nice detail and some rolling shots... hnggggg.

ish_da
ish_da New Reader
3/30/22 1:29 p.m.
CBaird said:

Well done sir but as far as I'm concerned this thread is not quite done. I still want to see a few passes and an in-car freeway pull with that V12 screaming!  Then and only then can you put a pin in it. Here's to 9000 rpm and beyond!

It goes to 11. 11 is better than 10 and vastly better than 9 by two points ;)
I think MKE pointed that out somewhere along this build.
I agree tho that this is not done until the fat la.... I mean the blue Ferrari sings

Nader
Nader New Reader
3/30/22 5:43 p.m.

Early on, wasn't there a projection of >900 HP? Any plans for a dyno session to dial it in?

mke
mke Dork
3/30/22 5:52 p.m.

In reply to ish_da :

Well, here's 9k on the last blip, then it ran out of gas so the fun ended.  Its fixed so its just turning now....really boring.  As I said, when there is something post worthy I'll pass it on.

mke
mke Dork
3/30/22 7:14 p.m.

And this.  You see it?

NOTHING on the floor.

NY Nick
NY Nick GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/30/22 7:38 p.m.

That sounds awesome!

johndej
johndej Dork
3/30/22 8:12 p.m.

Hell yeah! I'm so happy you got this thing wrapped up and hope you enjoy driving it as much as I've enjoyed the build!

CBaird
CBaird New Reader
3/30/22 8:51 p.m.

In reply to mke : I bet that smells like sweet, sweet victory.

Number1Gaza
Number1Gaza GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/30/22 9:00 p.m.

Amazing.  However, I for one will only be satisfied when I see an in-dash cam of it blitzing 2022 Ferraris and Porsches around a track at 9k rpm.

Although, I'd settle for you taking Lana on Sunday afternoon cruise and mashing the throttle at an unsuspecting moment, and posting a vid of said moment.  She has been quite a saint for the last, oh, 15ish years.  

mke
mke Dork
3/31/22 8:35 a.m.
Nader said:

Early on, wasn't there a projection of >900 HP? Any plans for a dyno session to dial it in?

Yes, dyno day once the tune is roughed in a bit and I trust it enough to drive to the dyno or I get my dyno up and running, which ever comes first.

The Dynomation5 software was consistently telling me 900+, which just I liked to here but just seemed to high with the headers designed for street/autocross use and cams timed to match.  When DM6 came out I "lost" 80hp....it says 840 which honestly seems more realistic.

Were I to build new headers, adjust the stack lengths and probably roll the cams a little to retune for 10-10.5k, 900 is probably doable but this is a street car and I'm tired of working on it so whatever the current setup delivers will have to do.  I can live with 800hp....or add nitrous and I set the pistons and rings up to easily deal with a 250hp shotcheeky

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/31/22 9:41 a.m.

wow, that video is telling.  It wants to rev so quickly and oh the sweet sweet V12 siren scream...  This is awesome. 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/31/22 6:10 p.m.

In reply to mke :

I've forgotten just how compact  the 308 was. And with that big motor in back you really do have a very special Ferrari.  
  Well done!! 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/31/22 6:12 p.m.
mke said:

And this.  You see it?

NOTHING on the floor.

Now you're just showing off.  ;-)  It's a very rare Jaguar that can park without marking its territory. 

1 ... 91 92 93
Our Preferred Partners
lvfs6JqvmZBmZLQNWgCwb9ajmouR4wvVikEuIsWzMj6ggBU8lXvpGGta1ZjmmVlV