1 ... 17 18 19 20

Oh yeah, I bought another car I don't need.

This isn't much of a post, but it is vaguely relevant to the build.

Today was the neighborhood's "put all your crap on the curb day", so I saddled up. 

This pile donated a stack of colorplast, and some bread trays I thought might be handy for something.

I also snagged a washer/dryer top.

I've been eyeballing a couple of composite 4X4s on my hikes, so grabbed one of them this morning.

I figure this stuff can be machined into fuel line holders, non essential bushings, and the like. 

And simply because it's beautiful, I snapped a picture of a T-bird while I was out.

Today, the stitches on my second hand came out. I return to light duty work Monday. I have been getting things done, despite my handicap, just at a very slow rate. I hope to pick back up in the coming weeks.

Got both strut towers enclosed.

Whoo boy...

Next up, a Monte Carlo brace, and other reinforcement to get these things solid, along with S-L-O-W finish welding. Then on to suspension design.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/1/20 12:10 p.m.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
7/1/20 12:38 p.m.

Seeing that strut tower stand tall above the fender is downright inspiring.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
7/1/20 12:48 p.m.

When you gonna install them pedals?  Inquiring minds wanna know.  And I dont care if you tell where you got em from.

In reply to Thinkkker :

In that case, Thinkkker did me a solid on those pedals for a bill. Damn essential component there.

First control arms up front, then rack and steering, then I can start to thinkk where the pedals go.

Good to see you healed up and back on the job!

I'm very interested to see where you go with the front fenders and the shock towers.  Probably should get around to looking thru your Cyber Punk thread...

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
7/1/20 3:49 p.m.

That looks fantastic!

In reply to 03Panther :

aww shucks. In all honesty, its pretty rough in person, but I believe the rough spots will be mostly covered or cut back out.

Here's a photo montage of today's activities.

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
7/2/20 9:37 p.m.

That’s why I went with fantastic... may not be “pretty”, but it’s pretty cool!  I’m digging it. Hope to see it in person one day. (My family’s still in VA, an TN is ...almost... on the way!

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/13/21 10:35 a.m.

A little inspiration for this project, did you see the red X1/9 on BAT?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1980-fiat-x1-9-12/

Nicely done, interesting that it also has projector headlights much like you are planning. Bet this sells for some big bucks, especially with a K series engine.

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/21 1:10 p.m.

Dang!

My project is not abandoned. Stalled, yes, but not dead.

I am pushing to get the house to a state of not completely E36 M3 -ty, the truck needed attention, theMiata needs new speakers, I've changed jobs several times, LOCUSTS!!!...Yep, all excuses. Will be back on it sometime.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/13/21 3:25 p.m.

Oh I know you are not done with it. Life gets in the way and priorities slow this stuff down. Just thought you might like to see what it could look like when it is done !

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
8/13/21 3:33 p.m.

I still have a trans and intake here for you.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/13/21 4:10 p.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

I just saw that red one on BaT today.  I was afraid to click on it to look at it better.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
8/13/21 5:26 p.m.

Already up to 16.5K after the first day :-)

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/13/21 6:28 p.m.

I missed this one the first time around, but spent the afternoon reading the whole thread. Cool build. I'm glad to see another Chrysler 2.4 Turbo mid engine build on the forum!

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
8/14/21 7:21 a.m.

Fully understand the whole life thing getting in the way. Looking forward to you working on this again. 

8/14/21 8:37 a.m.

The first thing I need to do is get down to see Michael.

Michael, as always, thanks for your patience, diligence, and kindness. I just replaced the VE pump in the truck, along with a slew of deferred maintenance/improvements.  Maybe a road trip down before too long. 

9/12/21 1:54 p.m.

I wanted to give the Fiat some love, so I decided to strip "all" the paint and Bondo. I used this. Worked very well.

I also cut the rear fender lips off.

Here's a mini photo shoot to show where I am now.

Dusterbd13-michael
9/12/21 3:26 p.m.

I still have an intake here for you. And other neon crap! And soon, other pt cruiser crap!

9/12/21 5:44 p.m.

Who loves crap? This guy!

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/12/21 7:32 p.m.

Oh man, I love those sand and strip disks. I also love the shape of the x1/9 from almost all angles!

Dusterbd13-michael
9/12/21 7:48 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) :

I have to do crawlspace work in the next month or two. Definitely by the end of October. 

Come soon with a truck. I will make you one hell of a deal on crap for challenge car purposes. Its gotta go, and id rather give it to you than scrap it. 

1 ... 17 18 19 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
94cErG6pB3XW8rkhzFBwzCaNGi6jrkgSxtongrzu28ulxQKQNVLbId4Z1rkFEkBz