1 ... 3 4 5
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/22/21 9:59 a.m.
yupididit said:

I found out the bodykit is a TWR kit. 

That better or worse or in different because you liked it anyway?

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
3/22/21 10:04 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:
yupididit said:

Indifferent, but nice to know. I understand why Frenchy would be so interested in it.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
3/22/21 11:10 a.m.

In reply to yupididit :

I know you're not going full race car with this one, but I found these pics today and wanted to share, because the XJS looks so good with big meats

yupididit
3/22/21 1:02 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Not full race car but I do plan on having meaty rubber. 

I'm brainstorming fender flare ideas. Would love some that look like this:

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Reader
3/22/21 1:20 p.m.
frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
3/22/21 1:59 p.m.
yupididit said:
Stampie (FS) said:
yupididit said:

Indifferent, but nice to know. I understand why Frenchy would be so interested in it.

I didn't know the difference. There are a lot of body kits for the XJS out there. I just would like to have  something for the front end that doesn't look like it was created  for a bumper car ride. The back end bumper  is coming off as will the front.   The back end I'm leaving empty and cover it like Group 44 did with a spoiler.  The front  end is probably also going to have a Group 44 treatment now that I won't be able to copy the front end. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
3/22/21 2:04 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

In reply to yupididit :

I know you're not going full race car with this one, but I found these pics today and wanted to share, because the XJS looks so good with big meats

Those Group A ETCC  cars were required to have unflared fenders Somehow TWR was able to fit 17"x9" fronts. And 17"x11" rears  in there. But if you look the car is at or slightly above  stock ride height  because the spring rate was something like 900 pounds/inch. 

yupididit
4/18/21 12:22 p.m.

I worked on it some yesterday. Got a radiator for it. There's so many coolant lines and cooling parts to this engine its ridiculous. And one of the reservoirs is in the fender behind the driverside wheel? 

I don't know but it's annoying. I don't think these are "hard" to work on but they're stupid to work on. I see why people swap the v12 out so eagerly. 

I'm still looking for a rust free XJS. All the XJS's in Texas that I find don't have titles or burnt up lol Hopefully I find one soon because there's a z32 300zx or 1980 Malibu coupe calling my name just around the corner. 

yupididit
4/18/21 12:25 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Where does this connect to? It's right behind the alternator above the lines for the trans cooler. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/18/21 1:42 p.m.

Do you need to take off the exhaust manifolds to get to everything?

yupididit
4/18/21 2:21 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Not for anything I'd think of doing lol

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
4/18/21 4:24 p.m.
yupididit said:

I worked on it some yesterday. Got a radiator for it. There's so many coolant lines and cooling parts to this engine its ridiculous. And one of the reservoirs is in the fender behind the driverside wheel? 

I don't know but it's annoying. I don't think these are "hard" to work on but they're stupid to work on. I see why people swap the v12 out so eagerly. 

I'm still looking for a rust free XJS. All the XJS's in Texas that I find don't have titles or burnt up lol Hopefully I find one soon because there's a z32 300zx or 1980 Malibu coupe calling my name just around the corner. 

If you come across an early 1975-  1980 XJS cheap please let me know I don't care about a tittle since it will be a race car.  The early ones are as much as 600 pounds lighter and have the better  engine. 
   With regard to annoying, look at any luxury car of the late 70's- & 80's. Like Lincoln or Cadillac. Hoses all over the place. From the air pump and A/C etc. The factories put the basic (pre smog ) engine in and then connected all the pollution, fuel injection, and luxuries after running hoses all over the engine bay.  By the 90's they started to clean that up. Then starting in 2000 they just covered it up with plastic. 
      If you get a chance look at race cars of that era. Devoid  of those things they look clean, elegant and purposeful. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
4/18/21 4:46 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Sorry for the confusing picture, it connects to the front cross over tube that has the radiator cap on top. 

yupididit
4/18/21 6:20 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to yupididit :

Sorry for the confusing picture, it connects to the front cross over tube that has the radiator cap on top. 

Thank you

yupididit
4/18/21 6:21 p.m.
frenchyd said:
yupididit said:

If you come across an early 1975-  1980 XJS cheap please let me know I don't care about a tittle since it will be a race car.  The early ones are as much as 600 pounds lighter and have the better  engine. 
   With regard to annoying, look at any luxury car of the late 70's- & 80's. Like Lincoln or Cadillac. Hoses all over the place. From the air pump and A/C etc. The factories put the basic (pre smog ) engine in and then connected all the pollution, fuel injection, and luxuries after running hoses all over the engine bay.  By the 90's they started to clean that up. Then starting in 2000 they just covered it up with plastic. 
      If you get a chance look at race cars of that era. Devoid  of those things they look clean, elegant and purposeful. 

I've had Mercedes from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Never seen anything like this. Even on the v12 Mercedes lol. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
5/29/21 2:10 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

Excellent!

I don't have any need for a v12 takeout, but I'm still really tempted to say I'm interested when you pull it out...

yupididit
5/29/21 3:40 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Wrong thread brodie

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
5/29/21 8:54 p.m.

Sorry,   I needed send a picture to Robbie. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/30/21 8:46 a.m.

I mean, those are basically the exact wheels I want...

yupididit
5/30/21 9:34 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Are you still interested in the engine+trans? I'll be taking it out soon. I need to find an engine hoist since mine was stolen out of storage a few years ago. 

yupididit
5/30/21 9:35 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Does the v12 and th400 come out together easily or will I have to separate them? 

frenchyd
frenchyd UltimaDork
5/30/21 1:58 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Together.  But make sure it will handle 1000 pounds. 

Pattyo
Pattyo Reader
5/30/21 8:37 p.m.

If Robbie is not interested in it, I may be.

Im in Fort Worth. I just need more details.

893.7642.  Fort Worth area code.

yupididit
6/1/21 2:52 p.m.

Well it looks like I have a buyer for the v12 and th400.

Now I have incentive to pull the drivetrain out of this bitch. Should be a PITA lol. Looking forward to losing over 750lbs up front and cleaning up under the hood. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/1/21 4:07 p.m.
Pattyo said:

If Robbie is not interested in it, I may be.

Im in Fort Worth. I just need more details.

893.7642.  Fort Worth area code.

go for it! if not already sold. 

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KcR5BczBJYKxs3eUfwdMyDhoVZHW5nrDE7RmCZRoSXBmBDK20Cq0B0l2KDoZw2UC