1 ... 3 4 5
Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
9/7/21 10:33 a.m.

Something like this would be fairly easy to mask and spray. 

adam525i
adam525i GRM+ Memberand Dork
9/7/21 1:12 p.m.

I believe you might find your answer on this page - 1996 Chevy Lumina APV GTP - $2016 Soccer Mom Challenge - Page 19

Toyman01 + Sized and
9/7/21 2:46 p.m.
adam525i said:

I believe you might find your answer on this page - 1996 Chevy Lumina APV GTP - $2016 Soccer Mom Challenge - Page 19

Thanks a billion for posting that.

I've been wondering how to get the masking right and I just happen to have a projector. 

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/8/21 10:51 a.m.

Just a word of caution with using a projector: pay attention to the error introduced into the image from the projector position. Closer or farther away will effect the size. Pointing up or down could effect keystone and pinch or stretch the image (the same with side to side). And don't forget to not touch the zoom knob if your projector has that.

My suggestion is to get out the tape measure to locate and size specific points of the projected image onto the vehicle. That will help make things more consistent. Also, get the highest resolution picture you can to project. I had to deal with a really grainy picture of the eagle for the van. It was a bit of a pain, but doable.

I'm looking forward to see how you do this.

- Sean

Toyman01 + Sized and
9/8/21 11:12 a.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek :

Thanks for the pointers. I'll probably need them.

HundredDollarCar
HundredDollarCar Reader
9/9/21 4:13 p.m.
Toyman01 + Sized and said:

I've been doing some digging for paint schemes and I think I'm leaning in that direction. 

Something like this maybe. 

I don't know...this one looks like a wave but could also depict the dynamic forces happening in the holding tanks as you're moving down the highway.

Toyman!
Toyman! GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/2/23 12:52 p.m.

Several months ago I remembered why I bought this RV. Something about always working on projects and seldom using them. But there I was turning this one into a project as well. 

With that in mind, I made a list of everything I didn't like about this RV and started looking. Yesterday the Blunder Bus was officially replaced. 

This is a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40SFT. 40', 3 slides, Roadmaster R8RR chassis, Cummins ISL 8.9L @ 400hp and 1200 lbft tq, Allison 3000MH 6 speed transmission, 8kw Cummins Onan diesel generator. 

2007 is the last year before all the emissions crap started showing up on motorhomes. So the only thing in the exhaust is a turbocharger and a muffler. No EGR, DEF, or DPF. 

Delivery will happen Tuesday. The shop is going to give it the once over, check the roof seals, replace the chassis and house batteries, and wash and ceramic coat it. 

20230501_190731.jpg

1 ... 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Q3hwvraDNPGhnl29zqaSFGRRcKIGAy2X9HqfPhU2fRoGOydvA6eicMwnnyQL7XzV