dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/6/20 7:17 a.m.

I clearly need to find some better friends smiley

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
10/6/20 7:20 a.m.

I would fix it and give it back to a friend.  If not keep and rock out with Shaguar license plates.

tester (Forum Supporter)
tester (Forum Supporter) Reader
10/6/20 8:07 a.m.

Didn't you you just post a whole thread about how you dislike fuel injection, overhead cams, VVT and the like?  Based on that, I would say that a modern Jaguar with all that stuff, plus a supercharger is not going to be very fun for you. 

"Gifts" with strings attached are a good way to end a friendship. To paraphrase, "You can have the car but you cannot sell it" seems complicated.

Best of luck. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
10/6/20 2:07 p.m.

Head off and in trunk. 

"Could be a fun project"

frenchyd
frenchyd PowerDork
10/6/20 2:17 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

It's not hard to do if it's only one head gasket. But getting the other head off without a head pulling tool can be a major wrestling match. Easier to pull the engine first. 
V12's aren't known for blowing head gaskets unless 87 octane gasoline is used  and the engine is thrashed ( 11.5-1 compression ratio )

docwyte
docwyte UberDork
10/6/20 6:17 p.m.

Colorado makes the seller take care of smog too.  Pretty common thing...

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/14/20 10:13 p.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

I'd take that for free yes

Yes sir

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/14/20 11:47 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Peter is unhappy with the XKR again.

I'm suggesting he offer it here.

But he is in CA, so not sure if there are many who would be interested at any price.

A quick internet search shows these cars eat head gaskets like I eat tacos.  Make it challenge priced and I may do something stupid that could turn out really awesome myself......

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
grjycyHQj9fyqO1cWfh7MMC3JLKpQTHqHcSU2mylGMsfE4jfCT9earC1R1HRRUI0