Patientzero
Patientzero HalfDork
3/24/21 6:46 p.m.

I sold my 2010 F150 yesterday and upgraded to this brand spankin new Ram 1500.  I wanted something with a little bit more towing ability than the 5.4 to move up to a bigger trailer.  This has the 5.7 Hemi with etorque.  I had no idea what etorque was but this article explains it well.  In my simple brain it's basically an electic supercharger and it freaking works.  This truck completely caught me off guard when I hit the go pedal.  The hemi is rated at 410ft.lbs and the electic motor adds another 130ft.lb on top.    After driving it about 60 miles so far my only complaint is how slick the leather wrapped steering wheel is.  It rides beautiful though and the interior is nice to look at.  I already ordered a roll up tonneau cover for it just like I had on the old truck.  I'll update this thread if anything comes up.  So far I really like it.

mr2s2000elise
mr2s2000elise UltraDork
3/24/21 6:47 p.m.

Gorgeous truck. Congrats!

Even though I daily drive a new 2021 Tacoma offroad fully loaded, I tow often with a 2019 Ram 2500 Diesel Top of the line ($90,000) - truck - not mine. You can see the Ram pics on my Bronco or Hipster heaven threads. 

The ram is SO nice, unbelievable! 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
3/24/21 7:20 p.m.

My buddy just bought a brand new 2500 4x4 Ram mega cab.  I am not sure which model it is specifically but it has heated / air conditioned seat and a bunch of cameras.

I didn't ride in it but sitting in it sure was nice!

JeremyJ
JeremyJ Reader
3/25/21 11:51 a.m.

Nice truck. I really like the new Rams. 

Placemotorsports
Placemotorsports GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
3/25/21 12:04 p.m.

Very nice!  My brother has one of the booger green sport ones from a couple years ago.  Cool trucks

FMB42
FMB42 Reader
3/25/21 12:10 p.m.

That is one sharp looking truck. Great color too. Glad you like it. Btw, I've used Bee's Wax to add a bit of grip to a genuine leather wheel and a few vintage stacked leather knives. Not sure if I'd use BW on a brand new wheel tho (it might get better after some use).

And ya, a lot of late model trks are pretty darned strong/quick/fast. Edit: replace 'pretty' with 'really'.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cY9UyV56b2eSYI3ihCp9PVTZFQONDBCwt6tx9TcVuRbR5KcsSNkVw8jFuLMGakbp