1 ... 8 9 10
drivendaily
drivendaily Reader
9/11/21 6:26 p.m.

I've finished my prep work and can now start build-out on my new 1989 G30 hauler/camper.

jh36
jh36 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/21 7:17 a.m.

Going to start on this one soon. 

jh36
jh36 GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
9/25/21 7:18 a.m.

Current status

Skervey
Skervey HalfDork
12/9/21 3:08 p.m.

Two projects right now! 

First is a 1966 F100 short bed. Crown vic front end and rear axle. Big bock! Straight six... Ford 300 4.9l. 5 speed swap. Building to be a great daily driver to get decent gas mileage and be my tow pig. Body is rough so I am adding patina to make it look OK to the eye. Its not worth saving the body and doing a good paint job on her. Last photo is where it started. 

2nd project is a pretty clean one owner 1964 F100. Killer patina and more or less untouched. Hopefully get it running and driving then sell it off for someone else to build. I need to fund other projects. 

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/9/21 6:08 p.m.

Our build thread is broken, so I'll post this here:   My wife and I picked up a datsun 1600 that had been sitting for a few years.  The car is rusty, the parking  break is stuck, and the fuel delivery is a mess.   It will require dropping the tank, cleaning the fuel lines,  and de-gunking the carbs.   We've emptied the tank (thanks for the drain plug, datsun) , opened the access panel in the floor of the trunk, and disconnected the wires to the fuel level sender.

GM > MG
GM > MG New Reader
12/12/21 2:21 p.m.

Nothing fancy.

Could not get the Wye Pipe I needed (or could get but they wanted to rob me $$$).

Basic fab & weld. Few months idle and the welding skills go out the window (for me).

frown

If you never post pic's then your not getting at it...

kstegath
kstegath New Reader
1/9/22 12:18 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

1976 Alfa Spider (US) restoration, then electric conversion:

Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/9/22 1:58 p.m.

I bought a 16-year old Porsche from a skeezy used car lot to turn into an overlanding adventure rig and ended up with a previously re-po'd special edition with mods: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/jalapeno-2006-porsche-cayenne-s-into-an-adventure-trail-rig-transsyberia-tribute/190407/page1/

91camarosrs
91camarosrs New Reader
1/14/22 4:16 a.m.

my 2000 2.5rs daily driver. bought the car stock with 165k on it. had it for 6? years. 

it now has a 2.0turbo and 5mt(was an auto) from a 2005 saab 9-2xaero(wrx). this is the one car that i try like heck to look back and not regret how i repaired something. like, you know those projects that you knew you could have done better? yeah, that is what i try to avoid. 

downpipe, uppipe, muffler, turbo inlet,red go-fast hoses, non-leaking aluminum radiator, all upgraded sound system, head unit from 2006, hid retrofit, working AC, big spoiler, bigger brakes, and 295k on the clock. you get the idea. 

i have a facebook page logging all the things ive done to it(mostly things that only quirky people admire, like converting ALL inside lights to LED even soldering new ones in), but i might post on here when i get the time, or if theres interest.

heres the motor shortly after the swap.

1 ... 8 9 10
Our Preferred Partners
iuF1ieMaXv4ZXeNfNttdgvzwBp62hRPJDStTADhfS3W2JFdd4C0rYHwu5FLQHDA3