1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
dextervw
dextervw New Reader
8/25/17 9:09 a.m.

Latest "finished" build was this 1995 VW GTI TDI Rally Car 

Tahoe
Tahoe Reader
9/7/17 10:46 a.m.

Recently bought a 2002 Blaze Yellow (Mellow Yellow) WRX. Excellent condition, low miles, and original owner had just added a Cobb +2 tune. On order, with parts starting to arrive today are Koni inserts, STi USDM Pink springs, Group N strut tops, Kart Boy end links, Eibach 22mm sway bars, and a new STi short shifter that came with the car but never installed. I'm mounting the struts in free 2004 Wagon strut bodies for additional negative camber Will eventually upgrade the brakes and add 17 wheels/tires, but that likely won't happen for another year. Put about 2000 miles on it in the last month, and looking forward to a new driving experience with the new suspension and wearing out the tires so I can get new ones sooner.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
9/14/17 9:22 p.m.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4IhOGeXKSF6ObZf82 

Yet another Probe GT has found a home in my stable.  My little brother had it for a couple weeks and I suspect a broken ring land.  Stripped the silver car, and in the process of swapping new engine now.

SLGGR
SLGGR
11/30/17 1:33 p.m.

This winter I will be swapping the vauxhall 2.0L out of my ‘75 Mini Clubman 1275GT, changing it from a front engine/front wheel drive to a mid engine/RWD with a 3.2L Honda J32 motor and trans.   Going to go with big disks and dual adjustable coil overs at all corners while I’m at it.  SLGGR will become a monster and te parts should get here any time.   Going to set it low an wide, will try to mimic the Huffaker mini stance as much as I can.  Got tired of getting passed by Vette’s and mustangs in the straights and catching them in the corners.

jdoc90
jdoc90
12/8/17 11:40 p.m.

well since I am between garages I have to stay small . I have a 1970 chevy jr kart .I have had it about 18 yrs ,kids played with it a while , it got dis assembled and  stored , got divorce , it got moved . had a garage for a while , got body work done ,picked a paint scheme . redid dart kart ,painted ,wheels restored , decided on engine .Yep going off the reservation with the power plant .The kart looked futuristic as designed by larry shinoda .A briggs 3 hp was not going to cut it .I chose a 1974 sachs 303 wankel out of a snowmobile .It is a sweet engine , I got it running and just love the brapbrapbrap exhaust note . The engine mount was modified in the kart , it will just fit behind the seat The body mods needed have been discovered yet  .The exhaust is an issue.There is not much space in there and it needs to be stainless so it won't melt down . the clutch set up is also a challenge to come .engine has about 18hp .It should be very safe .......   Kart is now gold painted  chassis ,body will be john player black and gold accents with maybe led lighting or a laser and rocket launcher ....:D I am avoiding messing with the 1989 volvo 240 too much at this point just suspension and handling done .I want to hit 500k miles before I build a killer engine of some sort .

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
12/9/17 12:49 a.m.

Finished my Moto Guzzi 850 LeMans build:

1980 Moto Guzzi LeMans II (Not the CX1000 that the USA got).

850 LeMans bodywork.

Teo Lamers seat.

Sump extention.

Twin-plug heads.

Dyna III ignition.

Stucchi Luigi head sliders.

Tomasselli rearsets.

Bitubo fork cartridges.

Works shocks.

LaFranconi mufflers with Mistral head pipes.

Tomasselli Daytona 1/4 turn throttle.

Avon roadrider tires, original mag wheels converted to tubeless.

Custom wiring harness from Greg Bender.

Bosch turn signals.

Yamaha switches.

Rizoma mirror.

Paint work by Sharp Touch Restoration.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro PowerDork
12/9/17 1:07 a.m.

Next build is a 1975 Ducati 860GT

This is what they looked like coming home. The yellow bike is running and ridable, the blue one is the one I'm working on right now.

The yellow bike will eventually be restored to 100% original, it still has the lead seal on the bottom of the engine cases. I bought a 3rd parts bike which gave me enough original bits to build two running bikes. The engine in the blue bike was stuck tight. Later on I found that it had a cracked cylinder liner. The blue one is going to be a bit of a hooligan bike for myself.

Mocking up.

I'm trying to build as much as I can for this myself. The billet aluminum parts and the bodywork are all being built by me. I'll be making a set of billet clip-on bars next, as well as some brake caliper adapters to use a Yamaha caliper on the Ceriani fork legs.

The rear brake drum plate was ventilated with a 1/4 ball mill and rotary table in my Bridgeport at work.

The fenders are 900SS pieces that have been shortened, had the dents whacked out and polished.

The headlight is from a CZ-175.

I machined the headlight ear tubes with a chamfer at each end to accept an o-ring, the triple clamps squash the o-ring, causing the ears to lock in place for a fastener-less system.

The swingarm chain slider is machined from Delrin.

The frame powdercoat is an experiment from my powdercoater, it's a colour called "brushed nickel".

The boattail tailpiece wireframe is currently being fiberglassed to become a plug to make a mold from so I can make as many as I want.

JoeyM
JoeyM Mod Squad
12/19/17 10:53 p.m.

In reply to Trans_Maro :

amazing work.  Your stuff is such high quality

loosecannon
loosecannon Dork
1/5/18 8:08 p.m.

I am building a hybrid kart using all the components of a 48v electric kart with a 13hp gas engine added for good measure. I drove it for the first time today and really like how hard it pulls out of turns

" />

SLGGR
SLGGR New Reader
1/29/18 11:26 a.m.

v6 swap into my 75 Mini Clubman has begun.  Minitec kit using a 3.2L v6 and 6 speed manual.   Wilwoods and QA1 dual adjustable shocks at all four corners.   Ordered Fortech arches to cover the wider track.   Should be a roller this week leaving fuel, brakes, radiator to be hooked up and then hopefully figure out the wiring with the stand alone ECU.   

The

FIYAPOWA
FIYAPOWA New Reader
1/29/18 2:01 p.m.

In reply to SLGGR :

This really needs its own build thread!  Awesome!

wheelsmithy
wheelsmithy GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/29/18 9:21 p.m.

An arch for a friend's garden gate. Cleverly enough, I call it "The Arch".

Mikiedriftsjunk
Mikiedriftsjunk New Reader
2/4/18 7:34 p.m.

Swapping an LSX into a 1988 Mitsubishi starion  its an homage / honor build to a friend of mine who was in a freak accident in 2012 falling down some steps and hitting his head on a door frame. Now he's basically confined to a bed  but this is his old car. I helped him pull the stock stuff out to get it ready for a v8 swap. But he never got the chance to finish it so I've bought it from his parents, and  am building it with a v8. Will be a fun car! I have a build thread on it here! 

fasted58
fasted58 MegaDork
2/5/18 8:25 p.m.

Winter boredom

java230
java230 SuperDork
2/21/18 2:50 p.m.

Latest project. Two wheels, a bunch of battery power and an electric motor. I can do a thread if people are interested.

One old bike.

10lbs of Lipo, 52V Nominal pack

Got the motor mounts all made up last night. 3000w electric motor.

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
2/26/18 10:46 a.m.

I have been working on revising this MK4 TDI from the deal this past 6 months. 

QuasiMofo
QuasiMofo GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/26/18 11:12 a.m.

From the "Ideas bigger than my talent" pile I will give you the early idea of my newest car(s)

I was a good friends house a while back. I fell in love with an awkward French parts car that he had. The body was rough and for $500 it was nothing but the actual body, no way to roll it either. I said "yes please."

Last week I purchased a 2003 Impreza 2.5RS with 180k and no proven maintenance history. Out of pocket cost was $500.00 and some scrap left over from the Locost frame and some truck bits. I had nothing into the other parts but on my budget I would claim an additional $600 FMV to be fair.

The idea is to take the Subaru and make it a driver, then when I'm ready I will remove the body of the Impreza and affix the 2.4" narrower and 1.6" longer wheel base body of the Panhard to the floorpan of the Impreza. Essentially making a 170hp AWD 1958 Panhard Dyna Z that has sweet assed fender flares.

tattooedwelder2018
tattooedwelder2018 New Reader
2/26/18 3:46 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo :

Where in the world of screwed up car dreams do you get these ideas from, and I want some what you have been drinking. 

QuasiMofo
2/26/18 5:59 p.m.
tattooedwelder2018 said:

In reply to QuasiMofo :

Where in the world of screwed up car dreams do you get these ideas from, and I want some what you have been drinking. 

About 16 years ago a pair of Canadians with a turbo Ranger got me drunk on real beer. It' still in my system.

RevRico
RevRico GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
2/26/18 6:04 p.m.

In reply to QuasiMofo :

Am I reading this right? We now have multiple Devin Panhard owners on the forum? Or is yours different from Pats?

QuasiMofo
2/27/18 4:14 a.m.
RevRico said:

In reply to QuasiMofo :

Am I reading this right? We now have multiple Devin Panhard owners on the forum? Or is yours different from Pats?

Patrick's parts car is coming to my house Sunday. 

He has a Devin Panhard I will have a Panhard Dyna Z 2.5RS. 

Bo
Bo
3/7/18 7:21 a.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

New guy here.  First, I want to try and post a photo and drawing.  Thank you for your patience.

Bo

ErikTheSwede
ErikTheSwede New Reader
3/10/18 11:30 a.m.

I don't know what you guys are using for image hosting but I have a 1976 Kawasaki KH400 that I am building as a retromod bike. JDM NSR monoshock swingsrm with ohlins shock and ZX6 from forks with 17 inch super moto spoke wheels. Single seat with a KZ900 tail and I may do knee recesses into the tank. Custom chambers on ported cylinders and 32mm carbs with a reed valve conversion. Should make 60ish hp. 

Project 2 is my 1991 Volvo 745 turbo challenge car. Details are to secret

Blasfamous_1jz
Blasfamous_1jz New Reader
3/12/18 11:51 a.m.

In reply to SLGGR :

Any pics of this thing on instagram? Im in love!

revvhappy
revvhappy
3/19/18 8:11 a.m.

I've been racing this in LeChump for 4 years with the OE engine. Iron block I-6, 2-valve head.

It was time for an upgrade. Budget will be tight to fit inside Champcar swap rules.

First test fit yesterday.  It will need some surgery for oil pan clearance.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Iw8BGk7PrlEoEkAxM4cEv6mdrTu82LqERD7wYxxvSyFYmUJaN95GWWvGeE6pO8wP