1 2 3
Mike924
Mike924 Reader
8/7/19 7:16 a.m.

The old 4000 Quattros are a very solid car.  My family went through 1 4000 CS Quattro and 2 or 3 Coupe GTs in our time.  Great cars.  Very underrated.  

Watching and enjoying the build.  Keep at it.

de80q
de80q Reader
10/25/19 6:51 a.m.

What ever happened to this?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/27/19 2:53 p.m.

In reply to de80q :

Sorry I didn't see this because of the Challenge. It got put on hold for the K30 big block swap and then work on the Challenge car. We'll get back on it but it'll be a long term build. 

de80q
de80q Reader
10/29/19 12:39 a.m.

Makes sense.  I was just pulling the suspension on my Coupe Quattro and thought about this.  Carry on.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
10/31/19 5:27 p.m.

One of the conversations at the Challenge that repeated itself with several different people was how this community involves the kids into our hobby. Mark (spin_out) did it with the valve cover racing. One of the rookie teams noticed it at the Challenge. I talked with David after the banquet about it also.  I think that's one of many things that sets this community apart. 

Lil Stampie got a package today. Thanks AAZCD, it's little things like this that gets the next generation to carry on with our hobby. 

brad131a4
brad131a4 Reader
10/31/19 10:42 p.m.

Interesting lower control arm in the picture with Lil Stampie working on the car.  I ran #300 in front and #375 in the rear. Car handled fairly neutral but could be convinced to kick the rear end out in the rain if so inclined. If possible going full poly on the suspension and sub frames really firms up the ride and handling. You only really felt the harshness on washboard or broken roadway.

Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie GRM+ Memberand New Reader
10/22/21 8:57 p.m.

update after 2 years, getting ideas about a rear engine awd death cart after looking at the subaru mid engine deathcart. might be coming soon

Lil_Stampie
10/22/21 8:57 p.m.
Lil_Stampie said:

update after 2 years, getting ideas about a rear engine awd death cart after looking at the subaru mid engine deathcart. might be coming soon

"soon" may be a couple years because of school though

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
10/23/21 9:17 p.m.
Lil_Stampie said:
Lil_Stampie said:

"soon" may be a couple years because of school though

I wonder if an enterprising student would be able to embed a car build into their High School education?

A challenge car, or really any project car, has all the skills of life wrapped up in it.  Math (sooo much math), budgeting, time budgeting, writing (come on, we need the forum updates!  also, sponsorship proposal letters {those may not be a challenge elligible thing... but sponsorship for fluid/tires/etc could help with legal 'shake down' consumables}.  Foreign languages (it's German, after all).  Coding?... there's lots of ways to play with excel/macros.  or you could write some simple code to do performance prediction (physics!).

then again, schools these days seem to be pretty tightly wound about what they have to get done as it is.  ymmv, etc.

buzzboy
buzzboy Dork
10/24/21 11:59 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

My highschool tech class had an option for independent study. He might have an option like that.

For a semester I researched an engine build, built it, installed it in my car and then did a followup presentation to cap it off.

Lil_Stampie
10/24/21 7:45 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

not sure that the school im gonna go to will let me do anything like that

de80q
de80q Reader
10/25/21 11:15 a.m.

Just keep at it.  These cars are fun to drive even with the small HP number of the factory JT. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m6HRPspD7RhxRcF6cRcCtkkSTv1jJRSFsCn9DeS5Bkcmvk2z0j5818EqDNFKOKMl