1 ... 7 8 9
loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/9/22 7:49 p.m.
759NRNG said:

What will be the F/R weight distribution on this (does it have a name)?

I'm guessing 60/40 F/R. It does not have a name yet but if we paint it white like we are planning, we are going to get license plates that say CASPER on them

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/9/22 8:45 p.m.

Casper rocks!!!!.....no engine setback at all ???? No firewall murder...you do intend to turn a wheel in anger eh(wink)???

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/10/22 9:03 p.m.

I finally got the passenger fender all welded up so I can share the video. Click here to see video I'm now in the middle of getting the other side done and am happy with how well it's going. Obviously, it gets easier when you have done one already so the drivers side is happening a lot quicker. I love the new lines on the car and can't wait to get it on the road 

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/10/22 9:31 p.m.

Trans Am fender vents or equivalent?....very well done ......Pink is getting jealous

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
7/10/22 10:00 p.m.
759NRNG said:

Trans Am fender vents or equivalent?....very well done ......Pink is getting jealous

I have thought about it but have decided to have only a vented hood. I would like to vent the fenders but am not sure how to do it where it's guaranteed to look great. It takes many hours to make a fender and I'm afraid of taking risks with vents

jfryjfry
jfryjfry SuperDork
7/11/22 6:30 a.m.

Maybe you could make some (vents) out of vinyl just to experiment with and see how they look (at least a sticker version of them) 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
8/20/22 10:06 p.m.

I finally got around to fitting the new Tremec T56 Magnum transmission into the Camaro.  It bolted into the car without modifying the tunnel, just like the internet said, except that the transmission sat 3 inches too low in the back and was at too much of an angle.

I kept trimming the tunnel and lifting the transmission until it sat level in the car and it was obvious that I would have to build a new top for the tunnel. I got Metal Supermarkets to cut and bend a piece of 16 gauge metal and I trimmed it and welded it in place. Total time was 6 hours and I'm quite pleased how it looks. CLICK HERE FOR YOUTUBE VIDEO

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
9/14/22 7:32 p.m.

I have been working on one of the dreaded tasks on the car-panel gaps. The fenders and doors have to be mounted, unmounted, modified and repeat. I had to pick a gap width to go with and I chose 5mm or about 1/5th inch. The gaps were not consistent along the panel edges so metal had to be removed from one part and added to another. Panel Gap Video

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
9/14/22 9:44 p.m.

gaps... of course...and to be expected......g'night

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
9/14/22 9:58 p.m.

The worst part of any car build. The damn gaps

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
9/14/22 9:58 p.m.

Watched the vid and left you a commiserative comment. You casually mention the need to remove panels in order to work on the edge of it or another.  You forgot to mention that every time you remove a panel, and then bolt it back on, you lose the reference to the gap you had before and are trying to correct for!  

The car is going to be awesome looking.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
9/14/22 10:02 p.m.
NOHOME said:

Watched the vid and left you a commiserative comment. You casually mention the need to remove panels in order to work on the edge of it or another.  You forgot to mention that every time you remove a panel, and then bolt it back on, you lose the reference to the gap you had before and are trying to correct for!  

The car is going to be awesome looking.

You are right, I thought about that after and didn't mention it. What I did was use specific spacers at all attachment points and scribed marks where appropriate. Neglecting this early in the process resulted in work having to be redone.

1 ... 7 8 9
Our Preferred Partners
FFNyW96hnYEsw7v9PBcvmaRywWBjXtONFtIXiFSk3BRQ5JdrG2F8MRd1M2r2HlhN