1 2
classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
3/11/22 9:55 p.m.

I wasn't entirely sure what I was getting today, but came with 4 17" wheels, 2 @ 9" wide, 2 @ 9.5" wide. Which means 2 Camaro SS wheels, 2 ZR1 fronts. Strange, but at $150 for all 4 okay.

classicJackets (FS)
3/19/22 12:59 p.m.

Took this out to dinner this week, and when the wife and I got back in, it took ~10-12 seconds or cranking before it caught, which I hated - it also still clicks hard every time, which I hated to hear - so I ordered new battery cables and we'll see how much that helps. I need to get the car back in the air and resecure/better secure the brake and fuel lines too, they still rattle some.

Still lots to do to be track ready, but it's nice to be driving it in between fixing problems.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/20/22 6:39 p.m.

In reply to classicJackets (FS) :

My 96 used to do the same thing.  Then it died completely.  With new cables it starts immediately as it should (about 1 sec).  

I got AC Delco cables on rock auto and they were the right length with ends etc.  

classicJackets (FS)
9/8/22 7:22 p.m.

Just a bump, this is going to come up for sale in the next week or 2 once I get done with a trip. I'm getting down to my 2 cars I love, and hoping to put some money in the bank/stop letting this one sit idle. 

Getting a new battery in it tonight, hatch struts are new and so is coolant level sensor.

Still has ABS/TC warning and exhaust should be upgraded, but otherwise still been ripping

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7bmcVF1CrkfyE4w7DJ4S1fkuWiLm0lLpS4c1Ya9z0PICX18JiVhrfKOSZrtvN2Vz