1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52
Go_Gators
Go_Gators GRM+ Memberand New Reader
7/26/17 2:54 p.m.
java230 wrote: Do it faster than every 5 min

I do want to sell all the pieces I am removing!!!!

java230
java230 SuperDork
7/26/17 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Go_Gators:

I meant the time lapse sorry! Lol I found its much nicer 5o have lots more frames to run through faster

Go_Gators
7/26/17 3:31 p.m.
java230 wrote: In reply to Go_Gators: I meant the time lapse sorry! Lol I found its much nicer 5o have lots more frames to run through faster

noted! I figured you were inferring that the rate of stuff coming off could be high... which I think it will be even being careful.

java230
java230 SuperDork
7/26/17 3:44 p.m.

In reply to Go_Gators:

I'd be impressed if you could tear it down in 5 mins, even with liberal sawzall use

AutoXR
AutoXR HalfDork
7/26/17 5:00 p.m.

In reply to Carro Atrezzi:

all 97's did and early 98's as well. The first batch of 98's were all converts and used the 97 setup, wasn't until mid 98 they went returnless. I have seen 98 coupes with the same setup right out of the box.

Go_Gators
7/27/17 5:29 a.m.

In reply to AutoXR: that was my conclusion too. early C5s have a return, later C5s have a pressure regulator integrated into the fuel filter, thus one fuel line to the engine. Figured this out when I stumbled upon a fuel leak coming from a shot seal on the fuel filter.

Go_Gators
7/29/17 2:02 p.m.

well... I am balls deep in the tear down. kinda disappointed, I have only gone to the sawzall once so far. since the mufflers had to come off.... why not fire it up and let the neighbors enjoy the music.

open exhaust video

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
7/29/17 2:14 p.m.

Sounds awesome.

Go_Gators
7/31/17 7:50 p.m.

heres the part out list.. need anything?? lol.

EXTERIOR

hood minor damage on dr side 300

dr door 420

pass door 420

dr mirror 120

pass mirror 120

tonneau cover 140

license plate bracket holes are stripped 25

convertible top abrasion on dr side, flap loose 400

trunk lid 120

dr rear fender 120

rear fascia minor damage on dr side, scratches 350

front pass fender 120

rear inner fender dr 50

rear inner fender pass 50

extending radio antenna 50

trunk hinge and extension cylinders 40

headlight motor dr 50

headlight motor pass 50

rear tail lights 60

front bumper support bracket that mounts to frame 25

tonneau cover hinge and extension cyls 40

pass shield around battery/fuseblock 25

pass front inner fender, rear section 20

dr inner fender, rear section 20

INTERIOR

dr door panel 120

pass door panel small nick on hand grab 120

dashboard 160

HVAC control lighting on buttons doesn’t work 60

center console 60

HAVC assembly/blower 120

steering wheel 50

CD changer factory option 25

seats 1000

air bags, module minor pealing on pass cover 100

a pillar pass 20

a pillar dr 20

radio/HVAC trim 75

running board trim dr 40

running board trim pass 40

trunk latch mechanism 25

tonneau cover latch mechanism 30

rear 5.25" Bose speakers 30

trunk floor board right side missing lock tab 60

6spd shift boot 20

pass sun visor slightly faded 15

dr sun visor slightly faded 15

trunk open/ fog light buttons 25

convertible top latch catches (attaches to windshield) 20

HVAC thermo couple, by ign key 10

Trim above windshield 40

seat feet trim cover and push pins 15

interior trim, dr B-pillar, 'vert top flip up 20

interior trim, pass B-pillar, 'vert top flip up 20

interior trim, dr B-pillar and trunk area (2-pieces) 20

interior trim, pass B-pillar and trunk area (2-pieces) 20

dr side kick panel 25

pass side kick panel 25

UNDERHOOD

wiper fluid res 25

battery tray 15

HVAC compressor 60

hood hinges/shocks 40

java230
java230 SuperDork
7/31/17 11:24 p.m.

Prices and parts lists but no pics?!

Go_Gators
8/1/17 5:40 a.m.
java230 wrote: Prices and parts lists but no pics?!

I have ~300 pics.... its a where to start issue. seriously though, if there is something you could use message or post here I will send/link pics.

GTXVette
GTXVette Dork
8/1/17 7:31 a.m.

wow 540.00 bucks for a complete Door, I have Two C4's I didn't pay what you want for a pair, for either one of my Cars.

java230
java230 SuperDork
8/1/17 7:49 a.m.

In reply to Go_Gators:

I use Flickr. You can pm me some if you want and I'll post them!

Go_Gators
8/1/17 10:32 a.m.
GTXVette wrote: wow 540.00 bucks for a complete Door, I have Two C4's I didn't pay what you want for a pair, for either one of my Cars.

so, what I did to guess pricing is use ebay look for comparables and find a number between 50% and 75% of their pricing. the list includes shipping the pieces... regarding the door, specifically, asking $420, I figure its gonna cost me ~$20 to build a box to ship it, figure it will be in the ~$160 range to UPS. So, if someone local wants it buy it $200 takes it home for sure. everywhere I have posted I have stated that prices are very negotiable.

OPEN to better ideas for parting out if anyone has them!?!?!?!

Go_Gators
8/1/17 10:34 a.m.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
8/1/17 11:10 a.m.

In reply to Go_Gators:

I was holding comment on what appeared to be "optimistic" pricing but your shipping included suggests they're not out of line. Your original post did not say shipping included I don't think

Might try listing on corvette forum.Com in c5 specific classified section. Lots of traffic there.

Go_Gators
8/1/17 11:49 a.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: In reply to Go_Gators: I was holding comment on what appeared to be "optimistic" pricing but your shipping included suggests they're not out of line. Your original post did not say shipping included I don't think Might try listing on corvette forum.Com in c5 specific classified section. Lots of traffic there.

oh absolutely... also hitting the 'WTB' threads on there too.. even facebook has a C5 classifieds group I am posting too. Yea, I didn't specify that shipping was included on GRM bc I was more posting for sake of any readers a view into the logistics nightmare I am now facing rather than actually thinking anyone one here would be interested in C5 parts!!!

java230
java230 SuperDork
8/1/17 11:51 a.m.

And no torn down pics?!

Go_Gators
8/1/17 12:34 p.m.
java230 wrote: And no torn down pics?!

I previewed some of the 500+ time lapse photos of the teardown process last night. I thnk that video is gonna be great. I have a few more things to rip out of it, then will compile the pics. probably this weekend.

Go_Gators
8/5/17 2:11 p.m.

This is my favorite 'video' yet. using gopro, I took a pic every 60 seconds while stripping down to the bare bones. It took about 10 hours real time. enjoy.

time lapse video

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
8/5/17 2:42 p.m.

In reply to Go_Gators:

Amazing! And all by yourself. Thanks for posting vid.

Agent98
Agent98 New Reader
8/5/17 3:52 p.m.

OK: If/when... corvette fans find out and you get any nasty IM's, use this line:

"....this salvage car was sacrificed so others could live..."

great time lapse. Should become the standard form for the documentation of other GRM projects !

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
8/5/17 4:45 p.m.

A 10 hour time lapse of my builds would be 1 hour work, 5 hours looking for tools and 4 hours back and forth to parts store

Go_Gators
8/5/17 4:50 p.m.
Agent98 wrote: OK: If/when... corvette fans find out and you get any nasty IM's, use this line: "....this salvage car was sacrificed so others could live..." great time lapse. Should become the standard form for the documentation of other GRM projects !

haha thanks. one of friends suggest it was "skinned alive". I thought that was pretty applicable.

Go_Gators
8/5/17 4:52 p.m.
Ovid_and_Flem wrote: A 10 hour time lapse of my builds would be 1 hour work, 5 hours looking for tools and 4 hours back and forth to parts store

what I like about this project is that it isn't that way. my others are too. this one is something to hard? enter sawzall and mini-sledge. BTW... HVAC was the worst part. the compressor and blower/main unit.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9dopV7mqc3xBB9IQ2s0NYIoklfpcUTEpyTy7clL7vegT5uRdYPrWcNLv5DjZdG8b