1 ... 10 11 12
More Tools Than Sense
More Tools Than Sense Reader
10/28/22 3:51 p.m.

Thanks for the kind words everyone! Patches is still kickin and there haven't been any updates because he is too reliable! (well, and cuz I've been too busy) But other than tracking down and fixing some of the water leaks, I've just been hauling stuff and getting 46MPG. 

Also, I've been building and filming a lot of non-auto stuff lately that has been taking up all my time, but I hope to get back to my roots this winter/ Spring. The next addition to the Studabreaker project has got me feeling all warm and tingly. (no spoilers yet!)

More Tools Than Sense
More Tools Than Sense Reader
1/21/23 11:48 a.m.

So after Christmas, there was some actual updating done for Patches.

My Wife got me a "retrosound" head unit to replace the literal $20 one I had, and I have to say the old one looked very out of place. and This new one blends the 80's aesthetic much more nicely.

And what project could be done without some project creep? So since I updated the stereo, I needed to update the speakers. The stock setup didn't have door speakers but there is a place for them. 

But then you have to cut a hole in the door cards... now should I do that with a razor knife or...Frickin Lazer Beams!

Yeah, That's the right choice alright. 

The wife and I bought a rather large laser cutter last year for various projects and it really makes that creep hit just right. 

I also, updated the headlights to Hellas, painted the grill, added headlight bezels, designed and printed out an adjuster bracket for the headlights. replaced all the door seals, shortened and installed the front bumper, made a license plate holder and finally, got a working bulb behind the HVAC controls! but I didn't take pictures of any of that stuff.  Maybe later.

TurboFource
TurboFource Reader
1/21/23 12:29 p.m.

Very cool!

1 ... 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MDaAYlykPIuMFqV06Q24cGmoCMrsqEkj3YAYUdkgxRwnyyboLnBC2xuWpkKZdSgx