1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 93
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/7/21 10:26 a.m.

Yes. 245s, and fit it really close. 15x8 +20 trm c1s. 

I will have to roll the fenders at the minimum. Its going to be close up front. 

And i REALLY like them. Not what I started to look for,  but i like them!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/7/21 11:40 a.m.

I'd hit that.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
10/7/21 6:34 p.m.

Now, that it is no longer a 2k$ car, let's talk about that 3500 we need to shove in there...

Just need a crank pulley with a different pattern wheel and sensor and just run it with the same ecu.

Or,  we could Chinese turbo it...

Dusterbd13-michael
10/7/21 6:43 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Well, you see....

Im having too much fun beating the ever loving E36 M3 out of it.

At some point in time the 3400 will give me the finger. Then we make way more power. Ported amd cammed 3900?

wvumtnbkr
10/7/21 9:50 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Well, you see....

Im having too much fun beating the ever loving E36 M3 out of it.

At some point in time the 3400 will give me the finger. Then we make way more power. Ported amd cammed 3900?

A cam is more expensive than a cheap Chinese rotary muffler on these.....

Dusterbd13-michael
10/8/21 6:52 a.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

Lol. The thought has crossed my mind more than once. 

The problem is that im already fighting heat management and packaging. There seems to be room to physically implement it, but id expect a HUGE hit in reliability and serviceability. I think tjis one is destined to remain na, or if i find a cheap centrifugal supercharger. Never should have sold the one i had.....

wvumtnbkr
10/8/21 10:21 a.m.

Just lemme play with the turbo on the 3900 going in the rx8.  We will see how reliable it is....

If it works, I'll help you with the recipe.

I'd be looking for about 300 hp (up from 240), so nothing extreme.  I would think you could get to 250 or so with a Chinese spinny boi.

Edit to add...  I can probably help you with heat management.  My 3500 powered rx7 stays cool.  Airflow into and especially out of the radiator has been super key on keeping it cool.  Now, we need to run a piece of tape on the grill to keep it above 160F.

Dusterbd13-michael
11/14/21 6:02 p.m.

All season ive been struggling to keep my eyes up, hands fast, ass present in the seat. The guy that volunteered early in the season has become a friend, i look forward to the events, and my driving has improved. I went from chasing tens of seconds to single seconds to tenths over the course of the year.

Today i beat my instructor, took second in class (highest finish in any sport ever) and got my first trophy/competition prize since middle school.  I also pulled second in season points. 

Im quite happy. Its been a hell of a ride, and ive made some great friends this year. Im truly blessed by this scruffy old challenge car and what its allowed for me to do. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/21 6:14 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Congrats! That's great that you've improved so much.

stafford1500
stafford1500 GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/14/21 6:15 p.m.

Just saw Chris's post on FBook.

Congrats on the achievement.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/14/21 6:33 p.m.

CONGRATULATIONS !

Well deserved. yes

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/14/21 6:33 p.m.

berkeley yeah you did!

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
11/14/21 6:58 p.m.

Who knew a license plate frame would bring so much joy ......Congrats bro well done!!!!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
11/14/21 7:27 p.m.

Congrats sir!

Dusterbd13-michael
11/15/21 8:01 a.m.

Thanks y'all!

And the rs4 that rob gave me ROCK. i really like these tires. Very communicative, pretty grippy in the cool weather, large threshold before break away. Did have to start cooling them after tons of runs.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
11/15/21 10:27 a.m.

Dude! Nice work. I'm happy for you.

wvumtnbkr
11/15/21 11:15 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Thanks y'all!

And the rs4 that rob gave me ROCK. i really like these tires. Very communicative, pretty grippy in the cool weather, large threshold before break away. Did have to start cooling them after tons of runs.

Awesome!  And, you probably have a lifetime supply as long as I keep racing!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
11/15/21 11:57 a.m.

Awesome job, way to go!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/15/21 4:34 p.m.

Well done Michael!!!!!

Dusterbd13-michael
2/6/22 2:59 p.m.

Season starts in about three weeks. I have repairs and maintenance to do on the car, so instead ive been buffing and ceramicoating it. And cleaning the top. 

Why? 

Because I'm vain. 

Dusterbd13-michael
3/9/22 8:16 a.m.

I missed the first autocross. There were more important things to be done honestly. The next one is in a slweek or two. To prepare, ive cleaned the car, balanced the rs4,  shecked bearings brakes and fluids, changed the positive cable that was melted to the header and touching bare wire (found my battery drain!) Chaned the fragged starter, andded more heat shielding to wires and hoses near headers, and am now replacing the broken air dam and splitter. 

c

Car turned out nice after polishing and ceramicoating. I may be the only guy to do a full ceramicoat to rustoleum....

Very nice.  Maybe the ceramic coating will help the aero, lol.  All that green reminded me St. Patrick's day is around the corner.

Dusterbd13-michael
3/24/22 3:55 p.m.

well, E36 M3. 

Trans is now a bucket of neutrals. Ppf delete is broken beyond recognition. 

Driveshaft safety loop works!

Time to rethink the purpose of this thing....

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand Dork
3/24/22 4:00 p.m.

Did the T5 do T5 things?

Dusterbd13-michael
3/24/22 4:04 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

Umm....

Maybe? Its all locked up at this point. Had to unhook the driveshaft to get it to roll

1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 ... 93

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qSQFdi7t34GxmInrj46NJ6dY1vJ4fRisfu7jj2PDHCrgwd4Y5hi1RVy1rjIrKuTu