1 ... 15 16 17
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/16/21 6:14 p.m.
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

No, but Aeromoto & I have been trying to start something. There just haven't been enough people to get it started. He found a site that will host it, and Delta region scca will sanction it, but we need to put together a crew, cones & timing system to get it started. 

It sounds like yupididit is going to be pretty close too in the upcoming months, so if nothing else maybe the 4 of us can rent the site & just run our own private event. 

If I end up moving close we are 100% doing this.  North TX used markers that are sprung and padded and don't get knocked out of position and stop watches.  It's inexpensive and works well.  I will get more info about the pylons in two weekends.  If I move there, I will even have frequent 3 day weekends to go do course setup etc.  

Rallycross is the most auto fun per dollar I have ever seen.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/18/21 6:24 p.m.

You might be a hoarder(or maybe just a DSM owner) if: you save your dirty but pre-tagged baggies for disassembling your car. Again. 

I spent most of the day yesterday cleaning out & rearranging the shed & garage, and moving a bunch of Miata(and other random) parts to the shed, to free up space for DSM disassembly. I did spend about an hour this afternoon though starting to tag everything underhood(again) and removing the intake plumbing. 

Baby steps...

9/12/21 5:57 p.m.

Dammit, this thing still hasn't fixed itself...

I'm waiting on a couple things for the RV & it was raining so I couldn't work on the exterior. Might as well work on the DSM. 

No major progress,  but I got the radiator out, which allowed me to get the turbo downpipe & intercooler inlet pipe removed. 

jh36
jh36 HalfDork
10/4/21 4:00 p.m.

Looking good Pete!  I can't wait to see this in action!

10/4/21 7:33 p.m.

In reply to jh36 :

Thanks Jack! Sadly the motorhome has been taking up most of my time & budget, but hopefully we'll make it to the Challenge & back without it revealing any other major projects, so I can get back to the DSM. 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/4/21 7:47 p.m.

Painting that turbo manifold was a very good idea!

1 ... 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
344v1SHZpdJ8K9SNbuCWoCIA77MDKtsp7XS8fZD0nQHPnu4Wz1sOkOa4zEyDlsGK