1 2
dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/1/20 10:47 p.m.

My wife spotted this beside the road near her moms house here in central WV.  I stopped to inquire about it, and the owner ( Huge Ford Fan) had picked it for his son.  The Son now had other interests l, so I haggled a bit and finally we agreed on a price. 

I picked the car up after returning from our vacation in FL.  Currently needs an exhaust, and has a PS leak from a metal line in the passenger fender.  140k in it and seems rather unmolested.   

Not a huge fan of the red interior on this color,  but the car was simply too rust free for me to nitpick.

Run_Away (Wears Clogs)
Run_Away (Wears Clogs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
7/1/20 10:48 p.m.

Cool! F2T?

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/1/20 11:21 p.m.

Oh man that's got Radwood written all over it! laugh

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
7/1/20 11:50 p.m.

Did any Ford of that era not have that red interior?  Good score.  Challenge?

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
7/2/20 1:06 a.m.

F2T ALL THE THINGS!

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/2/20 1:14 a.m.

In reply to Run_Away (Wears Clogs) :

Yep!

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/2/20 5:36 a.m.

FWIW those look Great on five spoke Ronal R9 copies and slightly lowered. I remember drooling over one setup that way outside my dorm in 1990. It wasn't even a GT. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/2/20 7:13 a.m.

Damn that's awesome. 

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/2/20 9:09 a.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Ben would be proud... he needs back in the GD body game!

Powar (Forum Supporter)
Powar (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
7/2/20 9:16 a.m.

That red interior is so hot. I like everything about this.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
7/2/20 9:33 a.m.
dansxr2 said:

In reply to Mndsm :

Ben would be proud... he needs back in the GD body game!

Yeah, the first thing he would have talked about is the whorehouse red interior. 

Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Forum Patrón) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/2/20 9:35 a.m.

That's in great shape!

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
7/2/20 9:39 a.m.

Those were rowdy for their time - not sure how mod friendly the stock snail is though.

FunkyCricket
FunkyCricket Reader
7/2/20 1:32 p.m.

Those Gen1 probes are good looking cars, family had one in blue (non-gt) 5 speed. Fun little car.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/3/20 5:23 p.m.

Bronzoil Shifter Bushing and Shoulder Bolt replacements arrived today.

The midpipe is also throughly trashed, so I picked up a 2.5" mandrel bent pipe kit.  Next up will be to bypass the metal power steering cooler metal line that runs thru the passenger fender, as it is leaking and it should be ready for the road when I get the registration swapped over.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/23/20 8:43 a.m.

Still needs cleaned up, but I did find a hood protector for it, and the previous owner has an appointment with the DMV to get the title transferred on the 4th.  Its already got insurance, just waiting for the registration. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/23/20 10:02 a.m.

In reply to dansxr2 :

I <3 your Probe! Wait, not like that...

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/23/20 12:26 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

"That's What"....

~ She        

Ha Ha Ha

bonylad
bonylad GRM+ Memberand Reader
7/23/20 12:43 p.m.

Always loved these.  Great find!  The transmissions are glass though.....not clutch drops at 5K or speed shifting!

EDIT-Based on my lurking and following of that guy on youtube who has done his ALLLLLL the way up.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
7/23/20 9:10 p.m.

I'm interested in finding out how well those replacement shifter bushings work for you. My 2nd gen has a loose shifter and I think that company makes them for 2nd gens as well.

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/23/20 9:12 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Def work great!  I've had them in 2 of my other  Probes, plus they come with new shoulder bolts to eliminate slop.  

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
7/30/20 9:06 p.m.

here's a picture of the AutoWeek 1989 Mustang.   The first Probes looked identical, but the wheels to me and a few others were pretty lackluster.  A friend of mine had considered trying something that would look factory, but a bit larger....  

I found a set on FB and made an offer that was accepted, and my friend got a set too with tires.  Here's a picture of one of his cars with the '94 Mustang GT 3 spoke wheels...

Pretty much just waiting for the title to come back this week, and then start driving it some!!!  I can't wait!!!

irish44j (Forum Supporter)
irish44j (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/30/20 9:19 p.m.

Man, I can't even remember the last time I saw one of those. 

Then again, I say that at least three times every single time I drive into West Virginia. Maybe WV is the next Atlanta for finding the old oddball cars that have disappeared from most other places :)

I actually dig that interior. I had a Plymouth Voyager in high school that was white/gray exterior with the entire interior that same dark red. It was so pimpin' ;)

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
7/30/20 10:52 p.m.

(pounding fists on desk)

WHOREHOUSE RED

WHOREHOUSE RED

WHOREHOUSE RED

Vigo (Forum Supporter)
Vigo (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/31/20 10:59 a.m.

Those were rowdy for their time - not sure how mod friendly the stock snail is though.

IIRC Dan already had one with boost cranked on the stock turbo and there was so much backpressure in the exhaust manifold that it was floating the exhaust valves at 4500 rpm, and when he upgraded the turbo it went back to working properly with the same valvesprings.  cheeky

The discharge housing of the stock turbo is horrendous and there's not a lot of room for improvement without removing the AC compressor. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
K2kWvc9RnsDTix5lPyWOHenlxR5T7wNVSltnprqmFNdDVbKb06DjDwumIbsuVxDp