In reply to 759NRNG :

I wish I knew 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/22/22 10:15 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to 759NRNG :

I wish I knew 

Ok so I'm a few drinks in and my Jags are kicking Jets ass but now I want to bet pink slips.  No ... I love Suprang more.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/23/22 6:22 a.m.
Stampie said:
Dusterbd13-michael said:

In reply to 759NRNG :

I wish I knew 

Ok so I'm a few drinks in and my Jags are kicking Jets ass but now I want to bet pink slips.  No ... I love Suprang more.

Nope. Part of the longer term plan is to dump the prius and black truck as well, and get a much newer truck for dd and truck stuff. 

Dusterbd13-michael
2/9/23 7:38 a.m.

Ive decided its time to move on. I don't have the time and bandwidth for everything anymore, nor the funds. I am working to bring this up to the best it can possibly be (new parts not in challenge budget, final polishing, etc) in preparation for trying bring a trailer. 

However, id much rather see it go to someone in the family for way less than id ultimately hope to get. Either way, numbers matching drivetrain, all stock parts, and a TON of spares go with it. I don't want to make an actual ad, since that apparently knocks out bring a trailer being an option, hence doing this way. Thinking 8500 for the lot. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/1/23 5:47 p.m.

It is on its way to its new home, with its new owner. Im happy for its new phase of life. 

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
4/1/23 5:51 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Waiting for the April fool's card to drop. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/1/23 5:54 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Nope. Went to a collector of radwood era stuff who manages an auto museum. Best home it could have!

They'll come back after the challenge for all the parts. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
4/1/23 10:49 p.m.

Sad day :( but i understand not trying to do everything.

Stu Lasswell
Stu Lasswell Reader
4/1/23 10:57 p.m.

NO MORE BLURPLE??? Say it isn't so!

Super sad, but fully understand. 

Dusterbd13-michael
4/2/23 12:25 p.m.

Its definitely bittersweet. I wanted to love this car, but just never really did again. Its a BEAUTIFUL car, and i loved looking at it. But it was part of the stuff owning me. I already used some proceeds to buy a flipper project and parts for other cars that need them. The rest is in savings. Which is really, really nice. 

I will need something blurple again sometime soon....

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UltimaDork
4/2/23 12:55 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

I will need something blurple again sometime soon....

Base color for the NASCAR Duster?  Maybe with some NYG stripes?  laugh

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/2/23 12:56 p.m.

Hey Michael - Is the new job working out well for you?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/2/23 1:00 p.m.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

Yes. The pay cut sucks, but i haven't been happier in years. The peace of mind and ability to enjoy life/give a E36 M3 about others has made for a world of difference for my head, my family, and my faith. I didn't realize how much doing Frontline mental health services was killing me. 

superfund
superfund New Reader
4/2/23 1:26 p.m.

Dang, so are you going to buy it back in four years and rebuild it again? 

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle GRM+ Memberand UberDork
4/2/23 3:30 p.m.

Awesome. It's sales so the pay will pick up as you grow into it. Happy for you. 

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/2/23 4:38 p.m.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
7/14/23 3:07 p.m.

Man, it's been a long time since I was on the GRM forums. It feels good to be back(ish).  

It is me, Radwood co-founder, director of the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum, occasional GRM contributor, and current owner of the blurple ACR. 

Sorry Michael, you're never getting this car back. It's mine forever! 

Patrick
7/14/23 6:31 p.m.

Hi Brad

Dusterbd13-michael
7/14/23 7:07 p.m.

I am beyond happy that this car has found a forever home that will actually take care of it instead of just beating it like Neons seem to have happen to them. Please love it like I wanted to. And please update us and this thread with the automotive shenanigans that you are doing with the car since I know that it is getting used and enjoyed. I'd love to watch it story continue. Especially since I don't Facebook.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
7/15/23 6:02 p.m.

I've been researching stand-alone engine management and ITB setups. Someone talk me down off the ledge... 

Patrick
7/15/23 8:03 p.m.

It's currently your nicest car and runs great, don't berkeley it up?

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/23 8:05 p.m.

In reply to Maroon92 :

I have to say that's the most fun fwd car I've driven in the last 15 years so yeah don't berk it up.  So what you need to do is pull the current engine and ecu and put in a PT turbo engine with stand alone.

Dusterbd13-michael
7/15/23 8:54 p.m.
Maroon92 said:

I've been researching stand-alone engine management and ITB setups. Someone talk me down off the ledge... 

This sounds like a perfect way to turn it into a shelf. 

Again.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/15/23 11:23 p.m.

hi! I'm a shelf!

1 ... 74 75 76

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8J2UgRAetg6WyomVXo7ND62MoP4NXb0mztWzWYdRwZWCK5lxdwABtLlv6ZFIJE1f