1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 68
StripesSA1
StripesSA1 Reader
12/4/21 11:24 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to nocones :

You made Tiktok.  Lil Stampie came up to me around 4:30 today and said look what came up on Tiktok!  I guess one of the students recorded it.

Anyway you or Lil Stamp can link it here somehow? 

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/10/21 5:45 p.m.

Came onto my tik tok feed today!

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdjDh9HC/

nocones
nocones GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/10/21 6:45 p.m.

That's pretty cool!  Apparently my projects have been viewed 275K times and had 43K hearts..  I don't know what any of that means but it seems good?  I wish (Sortof) that I could see comments without registering.  

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
12/13/21 9:54 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

Definitely solid video metrics. I know a lot of people have mixed opinions of TikTok, and there certainly is a lot of trash on there, but I also have found the short form videos to be a neat way to put out content. I also have no patience for video editing, so that helps too. 

nocones
12/26/21 10:17 p.m.

Still haven't done anything with this but my hiatus is ending.  I've been looking for cheaper rims because although the speedlines look awesome they are 28lbs and $119 on the budget.  

A set of OEM 2007-08  Outback 10 spokes came up in Indy for $50.   I noticed them about 3 weeks after they were posted and made sure they where still available.  Apparently interest had been low because after a bit of back and forth he just said "come get them for free".   

They aren't ideal but the price is right and the specs match OEM BRZ/FRS stuff (17*7 +48) and they still save ~25lbs overall.  

I think they might wind up looking kinda neat but I could be wrong.  They clearly need refinished.  

I was on the way to Maine for the Autobianchi so +0 Hrs, -$119.95 for a current total of $1710.60 moving in the right direction.  

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
12/26/21 10:40 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Paint the wheel face rally gold and leave the cutouts between the spokes silver. Would look snazzy...

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
12/27/21 9:19 a.m.
nocones said:

I was on the way to Maine for the Autobianchi  

Did this happen yet? You'd have had to pass with in ~15 mins of the Toilet to get there. You could have kicked some 50yo tires etc.

nocones
1/6/22 12:05 a.m.

Sorry yes the Maine trip happened.  I need to post a thread for the way future build.  It was a very tight trip and we got delayed some in PA in snow so there was no time for visits unfortunately.  

In other news I like a true idiot picked the coldest day this winter to dismount and mount one of the 245/40/R17s on the Outback wheel to start final fender fitments.  It was suprisingly possible to remove the tire from the 8.5" rim and install it on the 7" rim on my HF manual tire changer.  It wasn't "easy" but these tires wheren't in the heat of summer either.  Shockingly it only took 35PSI to seat the beads which may have had more to do with the tiny safety bead on the Outback wheel.   

The result is..  Not bad.  I think with some paint it could look pretty okay.  It will never be great but $0 rims rarely are.

I probably won't run 245s on these rims but it's neat that they fit okayish.  

Also those with Subaru knowledge know these particular 10 spokes came off of a LL Bean edition Outback.  I can't promise anything but it's possible the LMP360 will be sporting an LLBean badge next year.

I will probably wait until next week when it's a little warmer to mount the other tires.   Hopefully soon I get back to cutting and grinding on this car.

nocones
1/18/22 1:58 p.m.

No car progress but I am working on some storage racks and am going to insulate and sheet 1/2 of the garage.  This required massive upheaval in the garage and playing 3D chess.  All of these cars have suicide doors.  Which is hilarious.  

I also registered for Hyperfest.  I will cominucate with the UTCC people about my qualifications to see if I run UTCC in the 360 also.  I'm also considering trying to find a trailer big enough for both cars (a 20'-22' would do they aren't big).  In case the 360 isn't done or hasn't been track tested I would want the MG as a backup.  And having both at Hyperfest would be hilarious.  

I have work to do on the car so I need to get the garage stuff done quicklier.  

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/18/22 2:14 p.m.

What kind of jack is under the LMP in that picture?

nocones
1/18/22 2:23 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

It's an Atlas TD6MR I picked up used a week ago for $1500.  So far I love it but I haven't used it for anything other then picking a car up and giggling about it.  

java230
java230 PowerDork
1/18/22 2:31 p.m.

That lift looks uhhh awesome.... Off to CL....

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/18/22 4:41 p.m.

Sweet I am glad you are getting back to this.

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
1/18/22 5:18 p.m.

I saw the cars on TikTok and commented 'Nocones!!' and never got any kind of reply, the class thing explains why I suppose smiley

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
1/18/22 7:27 p.m.
nocones said:

In reply to bgkast :

It's an Atlas TD6MR I picked up used a week ago for $1500.  So far I love it but I haven't used it for anything other then picking a car up and giggling about it.  

Wow, it seems to have a lot more lift height than other "portable" lifts that I have seen. How heavy is it? Does thee LMP fit over it without blocks? Very cool!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
1/18/22 7:50 p.m.
nocones said:

I also registered for Hyperfest.  I will cominucate with the UTCC people about my qualifications to see if I run UTCC in the 360 also.  I'm also considering trying to find a trailer big enough for both cars (a 20'-22' would do they aren't big).  In case the 360 isn't done or hasn't been track tested I would want the MG as a backup.  And having both at Hyperfest would be hilarious.  

I forget, is the MG 'legally streetable'?

nocones
1/18/22 7:54 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Yes it is.

nocones
1/18/22 7:57 p.m.

In reply to bgkast :

It has about a 45" stroke.  It is about 6" tall on the ground so it needs blocks for most sports cars.  It's "portable" but at ~850lbs it's not something you would want to transport much.  It could roll into and out of a enclosed trailer pretty easy though.  It has a cart that holds the pump that has a set of wheels to roll it around.  I'll let you know how I like it as I use it more.  It's going to have similar issues as the pad type low rise lifts but it's higher.  I didn't want the fixed garage layout of a 2 post and a 4 post is MUCH to big for my cars.  So this seems like a decent compromise.

EricM
EricM SuperDork
1/18/22 8:39 p.m.

All the tiny cars!

barefootskater5000
barefootskater5000 PowerDork
1/18/22 8:51 p.m.

"All these cars have suicide doors."

#legend

Patrick
Patrick GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/22 9:14 p.m.

The Panhard looks much better in your garage than my driveway.  We'll get the title work done at some point. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
1/18/22 10:18 p.m.

If you're willing to ramp I think we can get both cars on my trailer... Maybe nose the 360 under the rear of the midget? Which one is wider?

Dchev
Dchev
2/6/22 9:43 p.m.

I just stumbled across this build thread and spent pretty much the last 2 days straight reading through.  This build is absolutely wild.  Your vision for this thing is on another level, I can't wait for more

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/7/22 11:25 p.m.

In reply to Dchev :

Welcome!

Pictures truly don't do justice to the absurdity of it. When nocones pulled up at the Challenge with it I seriously couldn't stop giggling for 5-minutes. It's just that ludicrous. 

nocones
2/8/22 11:05 a.m.

Thanks guys.  I'm still plugging away at the garage but I should be shuffling cars back this weekend and then it's on to the 360 again.  

I have achieved a 2nd line of shelves down the newly insulated/sheeted/painted garage walls.  It's not interesting looking work but it's work I should of done years ago.  

The Tanish at the bottom is actually the color of all my pallet racks.  The upper is very slightly off-white and I've selected a very vintage green for all upper cabinets.  Not sure how much of that painting I will do before I move on.

This picture captures the colors a little better.

1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 68

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hKHknkGBOgUrY49QLoYy1yyEyXGBzGkiWd1n4QhqHslUskaCqX5qCcPlNdc6DRFb