1 2 3 4 ... 27
stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/29/17 5:43 p.m.

Good news! I do have the factory wiring diagrams for your car, including pictures to show how wiring is to be routed. There are quite a few pages, but I can scan them at work and then email them to you if you send me your address.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
8/29/17 7:53 p.m.

We put one of those speed demon carbs on my dad's 460 f150. Works like a charm.

Chesterfield
Chesterfield New Reader
8/29/17 8:13 p.m.

I really like the car, and what you have done with it so far, I still have fond memories of my dad's red 67 galaxie 500 with a 4v-289 from my childhood.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/30/17 7:05 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn: pankow_brent@yahoo it says I have to be approved by a admin to send private messages!

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/30/17 7:41 a.m.

Maybe it's because I don't like chrome much, but those black valve covers and air filter look great!

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
8/30/17 10:32 a.m.

Bringing the old gal to my buddies shop to start it. I'm worried that I didn't do something right being my first rebuild The truck on a 100 mile trip got 18.9 mpg towing this hog. Unreal what these ecoboost motors can do. If your on the fence about buying one do it

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/30/17 1:19 p.m.

I got the wiring diagrams scanned, will see about sending them to you tonight.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/30/17 4:00 p.m.

Thanks stuart!

After a little persuasion the car is up and running again after the top end rebuild.

I just sold my house and moving to a house with no garage I will be storing the car at my girlfriend's dad's shop until everything is settled down. Plan is to buff to the paint until we can do more system work. And that's when the thread starts to get really interesting.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/30/17 4:14 p.m.

I took my car up the the shop and parked in the back. Whenever the shop got slow they would buff the paint. I was planning on the build being a driver and wanted mechanical to be the priorty. I dropped all the bumpers, trim, bezels so they can do the work whenever It was convenient for the shop.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/30/17 4:30 p.m.

Then I got that text that every car guy dreads. "Hey give me call there's a problem with your car."

At this point a million different things run through my head. From the car won't start, to ISIS broke into the shop and stole your car.

Call the shop owner (girlfriend's dad). When we bought the car there was significant oxidation in the paint (unsurprising for a arizona car). Outside it looks like it will buff great (he was confident when he saw it outside). Turns out that he went to go look at the car and in the florescent light you can tell it's not oxidation, its 20 year old spray paint "E36 M3"

yupididit
yupididit GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/30/17 5:00 p.m.

I want to have one of these as a project so bad. Hopefully I'll come across one worth buying.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/30/17 8:10 p.m.

I posted the wiring diagrams to a WeTransfer site, there are 24 of them so I thought this would be easier and faster. You should be getting an email with a link in it to the files where you can download them, let me know if you have any problems.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/30/17 8:30 p.m.
Norma66 wrote: In reply to stuart in mn: pankow_brent@yahoo it says I have to be approved by a admin to send private messages!

Does your email have a .com or a .mail at the end? I sent the files to one with a .com at the end, let me know if that's right.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 7:35 a.m.

In reply to stuart in mn: everything worked perfect the wiring diagram is incredible!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 7:47 a.m.

So that day went over to the shop and looked at the car. Really the only option at this point is leave it custom spray paint or strip it.

This was in July of this year. The shop generally gets slow in October right before deer hit season then gets very busy because no one in Iowa knows how to drive in snow. I figured that would give me some time to sort out mechanical (trans, rear end).

Get this text two weeks later

Whoops

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 10:32 a.m.

The car is moving quickly now. Pretty apparent that she's been hit more times than Mike Tyson. Three small holes that need patched but not bad. They already have the big dent pulled and mudded.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 10:41 a.m.

Also picked up a XL grill for 200 bucks. Also picked up a dash pad from a sweet junkyard in burlington. My girlfriend helped me cut it out of a trashed 65. She's a keeper

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 12:37 p.m.

After four days of body straighting the cars ready for some primer

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 12:41 p.m.

Car got its first shot of color after two days of sanding. This is one big car.

stuart in mn
stuart in mn UltimaDork
8/31/17 12:46 p.m.

Glad you got the wiring diagrams. I didn't realize this has been an ongoing project - the last picture in the paint booth looks great.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 12:52 p.m.

After some clear got on the car, it was time for a cut and buff.

Cars looking real good. Excited to see what it looks like with the XL grill!

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 2:00 p.m.

Started the grill swap. Anyone trying to swap a grill should NOT mount their bumper first. Very dumb on my part and made the process take about two hours. The old grill is out though.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 2:02 p.m.

The new grill is in. Now there are about a million pieces of trim and bezels to put on.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 3:24 p.m.

Got some of the letters back on and the tailights. Whoever drilled the holes for the emblems in 66 had a little to much pbr at lunch.

Norma66
Norma66 New Reader
8/31/17 7:41 p.m.

Almost all the front trim on minus the bezels. Ford headlight retainers take a special clip to hold on the retainers. They don't reproduce them and are impossible to find.

One of those designs you just say wtf

1 2 3 4 ... 27

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bY7gp3B3wPi5NmuQXo8fYig1W1ZL8s9tngc90ZH4Kvk8ifhYrkDpxaJQBCVo8BpI