Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
10/20/19 10:21 p.m.

A friend hit me up because his dad was selling his '88 CRX and thought I might be interested.  I don't really have a use for it but I for the right deal I might be interested.  Well, I got the right deal.

It's BONE stock with a set of wheels and a Pioneer stereo.  It started and drove on the trailer but has an intermittent stumble.  Possibly ignition related?  The previous owner thought the fuel pump was bad but it in my experience those seem to just die rather than cause intermittent issues.

The car is in fairly good shape, just a little dirty.  He used it as a commuter car until about a year ago when he parked it.

I thought about a Lemons car but really don't want to tear it up.  Also considered rallycross.  Something to run in SMF would be pretty cool but I don't want to devote that kind of resourses to it while I'm running my Mustang.  Another option is letting the wife run it in H Stock and teaching her to drive a stick.

I'm open to ideas or offers if somebody wants to buy one. 

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/21/19 12:04 a.m.

Ugh man I want this so bad. Spacecadet please talk some sense into me. 

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
10/21/19 12:06 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

Delivery could be aranged... 

wink

spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/21/19 12:12 a.m.

88 Si is the lightest CRX they made. Made 4 less HP from the factory than the 89 but they're great cars. 

They're a uncompetitive and not fun (until you have ProPartsUSA make you custom Koni's) HS car, but are THE car for STS. And the shocks from Whitener Racing are affordable(Whitener is also a good friend). I loved his shocks on my STS EF Hatch I bought from Mazdeuce.

I will hands down support this as an autox toy because the consumables are CHEEEEEEAP and they're a boatload of fun. The build will set you back a few grand. But they're an absolute BALL.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/21/19 12:14 a.m.

Damnit lol 

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
10/21/19 12:17 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

Sounds like Spacecadet did his part.  It's still on the trailer ready to go, lol.

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
10/21/19 12:18 a.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

I have no doubt it would be fun and much cheaper. I just don't see it being more fun than my Mustang.  I can't afford to build another car and run both.

MazdaFace
MazdaFace Dork
10/21/19 12:29 a.m.

PM sent but I am not hopefull. The wife has been a pretty firm no on anything new and fun lately lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/21/19 12:31 a.m.

Ohhh man, that thing would be super fun...

spacecadet
10/21/19 12:32 a.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

Depends on what your goals are for how to have fun. If being competitive isn't your primary goal, then yeah, solid chance the mustang will be more fun with RWD and V8 noises if that's your game. 

I love these cars, as long as the AC is kept they can be made to have a few small sacrifices to be easier to live with. 

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
10/21/19 12:38 a.m.

In reply to MazdaFace :

Where? I'm not sure where PM's are on this forum.

spacecadet
10/21/19 12:52 a.m.
Patientzero said:

In reply to MazdaFace :

Where? I'm not sure where PM's are on this forum.

They'll go directly to your email associated with your login. 

Patientzero
Patientzero Reader
10/21/19 1:00 a.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

That's what I was afraid of.  I think it went to my work email.  I won't get that until tomorrow night, lol.

spacecadet
10/21/19 1:05 a.m.

In reply to Patientzero :

Send mazdaface a PM with a better email for you then. Thats the simple solution so he can email with you sooner.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Bs6f18QF3Q4xrVJzuNSJ01fPfOxcmi10OA3EXo28Hpfs8ucP1bgftTZT9mDNNxJ0