1 ... 13 14 15
jdogg
jdogg Reader
4/16/21 12:01 p.m.

As far as URO, my valve cover gasket I bought didn't exactly fit on my XJR but I was able to make it fit, they put the tabs off by a little bit.

Whether this was electrolysis or what, I don't know, but it sealed good and I'm not leaking oil anymore.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/18/21 10:38 a.m.

Back into it Again....

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/18/21 11:01 a.m.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/18/21 12:43 p.m.

M10 x 1.5 All Thread. Spring compressor / decompression.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/18/21 5:56 p.m.

Lower control arm bushings.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/12/21 3:00 p.m.

I've needed a front alignment for a while.

And finally got new shoes on the old cat.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/12/21 9:19 p.m.

Wow,  you almost got everything out of that tire. No sense in replacing them prematurely! 

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/13/21 6:35 p.m.

True.  It was getting pretty sketchy driving in the rain.  I've never ran a set of tires this bald, but I didn't want to buy new tires until I could get the alignment done.  And I couldn't get the alignment until I finished replacing the ball joints and all the bushings.  It took a while to get it done with all the other life commitments.

Dirtydog (Forum Supporter)
Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand Dork
11/14/21 10:12 a.m.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any suspension issues, yet.  Driving the XJ8 is a fun experience.  So far, my XJ is just a good car, that does car things well.

jdogg
jdogg Reader
11/28/21 8:26 a.m.

That front tire is what I would expect out of the rear tires on an XJR

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
12/17/21 12:18 p.m.

Finally got around to replacing the power steering pump.  One of the seals in there must have let go, because it was leaking about a quart every two weeks.

Remanufactured unit from RockAuto.

I put on a new low pressure supply hose too.  It was a pretty straight forward job and the bolts were easy to access. Well done Jaguar design Engineers.

jdogg
jdogg Reader
12/22/21 2:17 a.m.

Need any Jag bits? The Orlando U Pull It has like 6 in there including a Sport model which is an XJR without the supercharger.

1 ... 13 14 15
Our Preferred Partners
BTQceKJbMzpxVzbIvLhI17hmAfAJiurV0RBqIa5Ahf2WIIVDqF9reusHG4zmWr8U