1 2 3 4 5 ... 52
Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/7/18 9:13 a.m.

What do we have here! White sparkly Spirit RT wheels Mrs. Brap painted like 3 years ago! 

New Westlake RP18s, at $140 a set normally the bang for the buck factor is high on these. She got almost 60K out of her set on her focus wagon. I have these on my TDI also and they seem to be holding up well, they are getting some funny wear on the front, but thats due to torque id bet. They are also what I have on my iris Neons fancy wheels. They are a good spring summer fall tire for me since I run winters. 

I have gotten to be pretty good with the bubble balancer.... have spun up all the sets i have done to illegal speeds in Mexico and zero vibrations. These were check on a hunter balancer and checked out perfect. 

Bad boys put on! 

wae
wae SuperDork
6/7/18 9:20 a.m.

In reply to Professor_Brap :

I love the way those wheels look!

Professor_Brap
6/7/18 9:25 a.m.
wae said:

In reply to Professor_Brap :

I love the way those wheels look!

We have been setting on these for 3 years and said when I wear out my current summer tires these were what we would put on. 

Professor_Brap
6/8/18 9:19 a.m.

Who wants to guess what getting installed next? 

EvanB
EvanB GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/8/18 9:47 a.m.

Flamethrower exhaust tip?

Professor_Brap
6/8/18 11:15 a.m.

Instructions say 10-20 Min install.... Ok now buddy. 

Professor_Brap
6/11/18 9:52 a.m.

Went to see the ladies family this weekend, 450 miles later with zero issues beyond some zip ties to fix my flapping grill. 

Professor_Brap
6/18/18 9:23 a.m.

After selling my ACR yesterday I got on Faceplace and my memories popped up and I found out I sold my Impluse on the same day 3 years ago. Sad days. 

Professor_Brap
6/19/18 9:04 a.m.

Quick picture of the Ol RT, wafting on my hitch since they sent me the wrong one..... 

Also guess what the Alternator fits and why I need one that internally regulated. 

Professor_Brap
6/20/18 8:51 a.m.

starting out the morning with doing stuff so i can do more stuff later today! 

Picked this up from the dealership last night 

Professor_Brap
6/28/18 12:16 p.m.

ok, been super buys. Add a house to my land of junk..... But this has been my latest project the last week. A 5x8 trailer, it had a sag in the middle so we decided to put a extra cross member in, make the sides higher, put expanded metal in the side of the bottom sections, new lights, clean it up, and fix the gate to side gap..... oh and add a tool box for all the straps. 

The sides are 1in square tubing, 1/8in thick and even made pretty end caps. 

Toolbox mounted, sides done, expanded metal done, redid the spare tire mount, made a trick jack mount and did the gate fix. 

Sadly I didnt get any pictures of it sanded down or during paint, but here it is painted. 3 coats of tractor paint thinned with gas. Oh ya... And we put some mudflaps on last second. 

Professor_Brap
6/28/18 12:18 p.m.

Some all done pictures... Its a thousand times better now with all that we have done to it. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
6/28/18 1:00 p.m.

How long DID that hitch take to install???

Professor_Brap
6/28/18 1:22 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

It took 30 min while drinking beer and cleaning up and oil coating some stuff. 

Professor_Brap
6/29/18 10:10 a.m.

Neon is doing work. 

Professor_Brap
7/2/18 9:31 a.m.

More burning of brush at the new house, we are to 9 full trailer loads of brush 2 loads of trash, 1 load of bricks, 1 load of scrap (1100lbs), and a lawn mower and 2 week wackers that the po said "didnt run and I dont know whats wrong with them".  

EDIT: Also sold my TDi Saturday to a good friend of mine to clear up some space for either another Miata or a 1st gen neon 

Grabbed the mower and weed eaters to bring them over to Mrs. Braps dads house so we can play with them out of the sun and on hard floors..... a few fuel lines later and some fresh fule all my E36 M3 is running well.... I got quite the lawn equipment collection now.

Agent98
Agent98 Reader
7/2/18 9:45 a.m.

nice artistic photo shot: looks like the trailer load is on fire, kinda like the album cover of:  Wish You Were Here, or Street Survivors...

Professor_Brap
7/3/18 9:12 a.m.

On todays " is it worth more than my neon" I take my other tool box into work. 

Also swapped over wheels, did a quick bolt check and changed the oil on the iris neon.

Professor_Brap
7/5/18 9:35 a.m.

Buzzed around town all day yesterday doing houses stuff, pull onto the road i live on and loose power steering..... I pull in the driveway and pop the hood to take a look and the best is missing. Run to my stash and grab another and go on my merry way. I do need to keep a eye on that tho. 

Professor_Brap
7/6/18 9:41 a.m.

Well lets keep the theme of its really a truck. I went and bought a 1971 Sears ST (suburban tractor) 12 from Mrs. Braps uncle for $400. He restored it about 4 years ago and never used it. It came with the mower deck and snow blade. The blade needs redone to made look nice. It has a brand new Tecumseh motor with less than 6 hours on it. It will need a good once over and a battery and the carb cleaned. Also need to fill the tires with coolant before winter and make some chains. 

also got 2 almost brand new twin beds from him since his oldest moved out and his youngest out grew his. They are going in the spare room at the house so everyone can stop by :D 

Also decided last night I was going to fix a noise I had while turning on the rt. I was 99% sure I was a strut bearing. I also discovered I was just about due for brakes when the wheel came off. Pulled a set of pre bedded in Hawk HP+ pads and blank rotors out of my stash. 

It was pretty smoked. Thankfully since I love myself everything gets anti seize so I got the brakes and the strut bearing done in a hour while drinking beer lol. 

Drives good as new again. 

Professor_Brap
7/9/18 8:51 a.m.

Been a busy weekend for the house..... So lets start out Saturday morning. 

We dropped two pine trees that were to close to the house/ I dont like pine trees, and then went to the ladies dads house to help split fire wood. After we got that done I chopped on the tree cloestest to the house and it was out in 4 trailer loads. Its 4pm by now....  We got 1/3 of the other tree chopped up by like 8pm and we went and got come charcoal to burn up the stump. 

Its now Sunday. We wanted to move the shed at the back of the lot to the front, were the summer kitchen is since its going away due to serious rot. Her dad went and got the tractor. 

We busted all the concrete pad in the front and dug it out and installed some 5/8in I bolts so we could hook the shed to the tractor. The tractor is a Ford Super Dexta Diesel. Its a pretty cool tractor. Its used for bigger jobs like this. He uses his 8N for everything else. 

And now we pull our lifes away. 

We got it were we want it, we need to jack it up and get it up in the air so it doesn't rot now. Her dad was feeling frisky so we cut up the other tree and took it to his house and burned it. 

Then on our last load to his house he goes " Go get the silver dodge (08 Dodge 1500) and the fire wood trailer and bring it here" This is scary now! 

We go and get it and when we come back he had 100ft of our sidewalk tore up already. So I worked on busting it up while the lady and old man loaded it into the trailer. We did 250ft of 350ft of side walk and we took it this morning to the dump..... 2.5 Ton of concrete so far. We have another 100ft and a 20x40 pad to do also. 

Professor_Brap
7/10/18 1:31 p.m.

Fuel pump took a E36 M3 on the iris car this morning..... That is all 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
7/10/18 4:18 p.m.

Love seeing you put this Neon to work. I'm one of those people that laughs at everyone convinced they need an F350 rolling coal to tow a utility trailer. Bet that Neon tows those loads just fine.

Professor_Brap
7/11/18 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

It tows perfectly fine. Zero issues even at freeway speeds. I am looking for a older style hitch for the iris car even. 

Professor_Brap
7/12/18 11:23 a.m.

Replaced fuel pump, and fuel filter. Car runs like a top. Then we got another load of wood from the house, and I played with my tractor some. 

Filled the tires with coolant, now they are about 85lbs each. Cleaned the carb, greased everything and changed the oil and diff fluid. 

Gave my iris car to the people who detail all our shop cars and oh man is she sexy!

1 2 3 4 5 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YWDNUCZNzZ0gwB8g3oYoUo1QOU78jniKJtVjNoNSv81MxPPyglPjpaWJcwsw8zBA