1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 52

Ranger has been slow, been limited on time between work and a vacation.

Mostly have been collecting parts, this is one of the cool things. 

Little trans tunnel cubby. 

Also this happened Friday while running errands. First flat for myself in a long time. 

jimgood
jimgood Reader
1/29/23 5:28 a.m.

Parking to fix a flat next to a storm drain when rolly polly lug nuts are involved. You're one of those guys that juggles chainsaws, aren't you? yes

In reply to jimgood :

I can be a guy who temps fate at times. All the lug nuts where in a safeish place. Worst case if they all fell in is a steal a few from other wheels or what I'd honestly do is pop the drain cover off and hop in (been there done that for a ladies keys). 

Well things are happening. 

Block to trans dowels to replace missing one. 

belt was pretty smoked, good chance it was original. 

Trans is bolted up, fixed some small things, and pulled the vinyl floors to wash. Found the boots ripped on ball joints and one is right one the edge of being bad, so should probably replace both. 

Before you know it, you'll be behind the wheel.  Glad to see some progress.  Hope the weather won't beat you up too bad.  Seems like it will be a decent driver.

In reply to Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) :

Currently 76 in the shop. Should be driving today. Had to fix some wiring. 

Trans is in, took forever to fix some wiring and fuel line routing. 

Truck runs super strong, but need to order a couple parts. 

Where crackhead PO attempted to cut off cat. 

The truck doesn't have reverse or 3rd and only wants to start in 2nd in drive. After some testing and lots of time with trans book, we figured out shift solinoid 4 is stuck on. No big deal in all reality, but that will be a next week project more than likely. 

I will do a more in depth diag post if anyone is interested. 

Looks like the Steal Cat Beaver was gnawing on that pipe.  Too bad on the transmission, but you'll get it sorted.  Nice.... No gravel, garage, concrete floor, and warm.  You're living in the lap of luxury.

The damn steal cat beaver really did a number on it. I was so close to just putting solinoids in, but for like $200+ I took the gamble. 

It feels like luxury when I get to work inside. 

Got some spare time last evening and scrubbed the floors. Removed all the body plugs and basically got 4 complete washes off this. 

Then got mad and went to car wash to use scrub brush. 

Floors are clean and ready for paint. 

Ugh.  Serious cleaning there.  What's the plan for the floor and seats?  Rubber or sound deadening and carpet?  Those seats look, well....kinda tired.  Nice progress.  

Floor I'ma scrub and redo the backing. Seats I'ma power wash and let the local detail kid steam clean and have a crack at. They are still comfortable seats, but crunchy. 

Had the neighbor get a truck off marketplace because I wanted some parts. Mud flaps (my favorite style on these), rear fender liners, and some various interior trim. If anyone needs body panels this thing has some nice ones on it. 

Painted floors on ranger 

Bonus pic 

Put flooring and console back in after power washing inside of truck, painting floors, new floor backing and washing the flooring. 

Bonus video of burnouts at Mopar nats 2022. 

So pulled the valve body and and rebuilt it and replaced the solinoid. Found lots of small issues in valve body 

Put it all back together and had all gears but reverse....... 

Out it came. 

So found the one way clutch was not working, surprised we didn't catch it, but neither did jasper so I don't feel to bad. 

Back in it went, got all the gearsssssssss. 

greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs
greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs New Reader
2/19/23 12:22 a.m.

Wow, over 100 cars at the beginning of this thread.   Amazing.   And continues to grow

In reply to greasemonkeyreborne_5x1gs :

Oh ya, forever growing it seems.

Good to see the transient has finally found its gearsssssssss.   That XJ is pretty clean.  My '99 at around 250,000 miles runs great, reliable as all get out, but is held together by duct tape and wishes, LOL.  As the fella that does the inspections said, "It lives for another year".

The laundry list of stuff wrong with the trans was impressive! 

Big reason I bought this one was that it was rust free. It also has been super reliable at 23xK

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/24/23 10:45 p.m.

Changed out the blower motor resistor and pulled and cleaned the blower motor on XJ. 

Scored 4 duratracs for ranger from a guy at work. 

Picked up ranger in style from exhaust shop. Also did the ball joints and tie rods today. 

Interior is all clean, 4 rounds of seat shampooing later. 

Tires mounted, aligned, should be good to go for a while. 

Lookin' good.  Hope it's a "good year" for you and the truck.

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
2/28/23 10:40 a.m.

There are some odds and ends to do, but it should be ready to press into service! I hope it has a Goodyear taking me to work at Goodyear. 

Rear mudflaps on. 

New fuel filter. Definitely helped it. 

Some forscan action to turn off a bunch of stuff. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
3/4/23 8:31 p.m.

Such as?

1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 ... 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
RWYz7B3nInysAJ2ormNez9MULZzCD7UNScmVfiiKsxFksH8t0nZ1pQfAR5gI26VX