1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52

In reply to GCrites80s :

Turned off: seatbelt lights/ding, tpms, traction control button to turn off stability control fully. 

Trying to get my 500 miles in, so been my daily. 

Installed the hitxh, that was a pain because I picked up a extra bolt hple. 6 1/2 grade 8 bolts holding this on. 

Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter)
Professor_Brap (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
3/13/23 10:28 a.m.

One junkyard run later and a order from eBay front end finally doesn't look terrible. 

Unsure if bumpers are gonna clean up enough to paint vs just spending the money on new. 

Parts Omni is off to a new home. 

Ranger got some vent visors and a nice over the seat organizer. 

XJ should be fixed and got a couple extra grounds. 

Been helping the wife's sister get stuff out of the house she is selling and we managed to get 2 vehicles stuck. Both on good tires even. It's been so so wet here. The ol to-20 saved the day.

Ranger moved a half dozen mowers, few thousand pounds of scrap, and tons of general junk yesterday. It ran and shifted like a champ. Pretty happy with it. 

2 oil changes, swap summer wheels back on, grease tierods, ball joints, sway bar links and check fluids and lights and we are still in business. 

Also got a f150 for free of unknown issues from a customers Grandpa. 

Fixed the ac in the ranger. Definitely chucked a belt and damaged a line at some point. 

Sucked down and charged, ice cold ac for this summer. 

Been a busy bee, I see.  Happy that the vehicles are falling into place.  What's the plan on the new pickup?  Seems to be in decent shape.

In reply to Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) :

Beyond busy, got a few side projects going on, along with everything else. 

Honestly, with the new pickup, plan on fixing it and I think I'm giving it to my buddy. 

4/17/23 10:21 a.m.

Ranger got a new exhaust. Now it doesn't sound the the scrapper express. 

5th mower this week it's moved. 

Tabbie got summer wheels, oil change, trans fluid change, greased, alt belt and found a ac leak. Junkyard run this weekend. 

4/24/23 12:13 p.m.

Changed the fuel pump in the f150 and almost instantly had to pull the pump again due to lost fuel pressure. 

Also if it was a fluid, it was low in this truck. 

Haven't gotten much note worthy done this week. Oil change and tire rotation on jeep plus cleaning it and greasing it. I did some customer pay side work. 

Free1shiddy I I have been trying to take a little time here and there so I can start driving it. Started with breaking down every wheel and cleaning the beads because every wheel lost air. Changed the oil, replaced drive belt also. Plus found my "it sounds like chains dragging on the ground" when it's moving noise. 

http://youtube.com/shorts/t0y5tq9z264?feature=share

Plus bonus pic because I'm not specifically a Ford man 

Looks like an "ophordanage".  Preventative maintenance may not be romantic, but it keeps the wheels spinning.

In reply to Dirtydog (Forum Supporter) :

I really feel like it. Me and the better half always talk about how probably 9 out of 10 cars we buy are about to be scrapped. The last few I have gotten that's very true for. 

The ranger was setting there getting ready to be parted out, the f150 was going to the scrap yard. 

The f150 where working pretty good yesterday. 80 miles of back and forth each of moving stuff. 

Ranger is almost perfect at this point. Some small things I'll get to eventually. 

F150 needs brakes in the front soon and shocks pretty bad and the EGR system cleaned. Also need to figure out the lean code for the CEL. 

Bumper pulled. 

Parts truck repainted bumper on plus some led reverse bulbs. 

Bonus trip to rainbow road. 

Was super dusty. 

Led reverse lights for jeep 

Odd things you find driving around at night. 

Got a few extra wheels for ranger so replaced my black one with a silver and now have a full set of center caps. 

So got a nasty coolant leak on the f150 at the coolant bypass tube. 

Pulled it apart to change it. 

Someone who I really dislike jb welded it in. 

List of other issues I found: lower intake manifold is jb welded on, broken head bolt, coolant temp sensor covered in jb weld, and definitely has a leaking head gasket, leaking visually and cooling system is full of heagasket glitter and saw dust.

With all that said on top of the other issues (wiring, transmission) I'm currently deciding this trucks fate. One of the few times I might pull a plug on a vehicle. 

GCrites80s
GCrites80s Dork
5/18/23 11:01 a.m.

How does the frame look on that anyway? I hear that generation is getting really bad with frame rust.

5/18/23 11:22 a.m.

In reply to GCrites80s :

It's not terrible. Not great either. Will need to think about shakle mounts in probably a year or 2. 

F150 went to a new home as a parts truck 

Got that nail wheel bearing cotter pin mod, new wheel bearings up front now. 

Lots of brush hauling

Replaced a leaky heater valve 

My better half took it to yard sales and send me this. 

Had to replace electric fan on xj, and tabbie exploded an ac compressor so been collecting parts to take care of that. 

New used rebuilt compressor

New condenser, orifice tube, dryer and expansion valve. 

Flushed lines, pulled vacuum and charged and got crispy cold ac again. 

6/27/23 11:56 a.m.

Neon ac is nice on a 89°f humid day. 

Ranger fun begins. 

New bumper, brackets and old plastic part, need to figure out how to clean it up. 

Got me some new tires from work. 

Rides a ton smoother, much quieter also. Very happy. 

Jeep got a new zj fan clutch, helped a bunch around town along with some new foam around the radiator/condenser. 

Painted the ranger battery box 

Been using the civic for closet gutting duties. 

Basically everything is on maintenance mode because this is my busiest time of year. 

7/29/23 11:24 p.m.

S eak peak. 

1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
s6VGjHZaxgzWGyHcmStDQ2k19IbdMeQSGfJswWGZPSJJKGTKGeuJb4FPzIR2uP9l