1 2 3 4 5 ... 39
spacecadet
spacecadet GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
5/31/19 3:33 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Hazmat is living the country club life compared to the past... 

ScottyB
ScottyB Reader
6/2/19 3:21 p.m.
spacecadet said:

Someone in the book of faces 8/9th gen civic track group made mention of the ability to bolt the 2014+ Si rear sway bar onto the 8th gen cars... 

heh, that was me.  I have shots of the install on my project thread here...not that there's a whole lot to see.  its a really straightforward install and hard to go wrong for 100 bones.

spacecadet
6/3/19 10:04 a.m.

In reply to ScottyB :

yeah, realized after the fact. 

spacecadet
6/5/19 2:31 p.m.

any thread watchers, I'm looking for a set of the 04-06 TL wheels for a set of autox wheels for Hazmat. 

cheap is best. if they hold air and balance. they'd fit my needs. 

alternative is if you see any other cheap 17x7 or 17x8 wheels with the 5x114 pattern and proper offset.. 

not trying to buy anything overnight.. but if a good deal comes my way I'll probably move on it. Otherwise I will probably buy the same wheels we had for the accord.. just in silver.. 

17x8 ET45 or 17x7 ET 38-52(H street SCCA fitmet)

spacecadet
6/5/19 2:53 p.m.

Also amusing was a comment I made to my buddy earlier to look for these as well. 

He said he didn't look for stuff like this and I told him he's like me... constantly browsing the internet..

"Everyday is a good day to buy a car... or parts"

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
6/5/19 3:03 p.m.

it's too bad that the wheel-size site doesn't let you search by dimensions (?)

RacetruckRon
RacetruckRon GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
6/5/19 3:22 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

I'll keep my eyes peeled but how cheap is cheap?

spacecadet
6/5/19 3:37 p.m.

In reply to RacetruckRon :

I think $25 a wheel is cheap.. For wheels that are of solid quality. Cosmetics are secondary at that pricepoint. 

I start to get picky above that because it starts to get closer to new wheel prices

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
6/5/19 3:42 p.m.

The current wheels on the Tib might be for sale after October uber cheap. 17x7.5 +45 offset

spacecadet
6/7/19 11:25 a.m.

Sometimes life throws you a bone. 

My buddy threw these up on book of faces this morning. 

I hit him up to chat and mentioned them and he's like "I'll give them to you!" 

So got them for free but I think they still FMV for the $120 they were up on marketplace for. 

So they'll probably become the new DD wheels for hazmat and stick with the stock wheels for the challenge.... 

spacecadet
6/12/19 10:45 p.m.

Got bored tonight and designed what could be a logo for this project. 

playing with colors and location of the wording now, and yes I'm a clueless engineer so i'm using powerpoint for this..

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/12/19 11:07 p.m.

very nice pickup sir

spacecadet
6/12/19 11:43 p.m.

In reply to DirtyBird222 :

Thanks man, Seth and I nearly bought a Fit for more money a month prior to this purchase. But the chop top cayenne in my possession brought enough stress I said, let's wait till it's gone... 3 days after it left.. this pops up.... Little luck and right place at the right time..

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/13/19 7:27 a.m.
spacecadet said:

Thanks man, Seth and I nearly bought a Fit for more money a month prior to this purchase. But the chop top cayenne in my possession brought enough stress I said, let's wait till it's gone... 3 days after it left.. this pops up.... Little luck and right place at the right time..

After reading this thread I did some research trying to find the cheapest one in the Norfolk/Hampton Roads area and the best I could find was a one-owner 2008 (with the not so aesthetically pleasing front bumper) sedan for $5500 at 165k on the clock. You got an amazing find and I'm truly jealous. Even with all the pizza delivery receipts. 

spacecadet
6/13/19 8:14 a.m.

No doubt on the deal. 

We basically determine that anyone else who looked at it saw the interior and walked away. It didn't smell terrible.. But the photos just don't do justice to how disgusting it was. 

Seth and I determined prior to purchase, that even if the seats, radio and carpet were total losses, we could source new ones and still come out way ahead. 

Day after I bought it, I was offered (by my buddy) a 1 for 1 trade deal for a very clean Integra GSR Sedan with a lot of nice upgrades. 

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand UltimaDork
6/13/19 1:32 p.m.
sleepyhead said:

Looks like a prime Deliverator example.  Congrats & Good Luck.

How big are the tire contact patches, though?

spacecadet
6/13/19 1:48 p.m.
Brett_Murphy said:
sleepyhead said:

My goal is to have it turn laps and autocross runs at some point in the future with 305 size tires. 275's is possible with just playing with the fender lips. 

Like the thighs on a fat lady. 

spacecadet
6/16/19 3:21 p.m.

Today was a productive day for Hazmat. 

went to the JY to see if I could find a radio.. 

Went through the whole yard.. and no dice till i get to the rear.. 

found this guy 

but alas... I had been beaten to the radio.. 

but i saw a insight behind it and went to investigate.. 

mulled over the insight for a bit, and when I turned around to head to the front... 

wouldn't you know.. the radio was sitting in the trunk .

ultimately.. the thing i wanted was really the knobs and as I started looking the car over... I realized... i think these knobs are removable! 

sure enough they are! I even found another civic with 2 climate contorls and random removed knobs, That I missed in my first pass, as I was walking back up to the front. 

I would have taken the radio home, but Pick n Pull wanted $55 for the radio and climate controls... and NOTHING.. for the knobs.. so I took my knobs and the oil cap I snagged from a TL and the oil cap I snagged from the Insight and called it a day. Since I know those caps are $10+ from the dealer and after the accord incident. it's worth a $1.50 each just to have spares!  

The radio knobs on hazmat cleaned up well.. but were missing paint on them... now i have nice "new" ones to pop on and the car will look that much better! 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 3:48 p.m.
spacecadet said:
Brett_Murphy said:
sleepyhead said:

My goal is to have it turn laps and autocross runs at some point in the future with 305 size tires. 275's is possible with just playing with the fender lips. 

Like the thighs on a fat lady. 

I feel like things will things will be wrong in the world if Hazmat has bigger tires than Humphrey. Looks like I need to keep an out for some wide wheels that will bolt on a 5x5 hub.

spacecadet
6/16/19 3:59 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

well.. for now I'm on 215's 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 4:10 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

I may end up being on 255s at the challenge with my current wheel/tire plan. 275s with all off the sidewall right now.

spacecadet
6/16/19 4:36 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to spacecadet :

I may end up being on 255s at the challenge with my current wheel/tire plan. 275s with all off the sidewall right now.

yeah.. i didn't properly challenge receipt the car when i bought it.. if i had I would be using the wheels and tires i got for free.. adn just using their FMV ad value.  

but my $200 in budget for theme and mechanical repairs will still let me do a bunch. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 4:41 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

Honestly plan A is to run on the 275/50r15 h101s. If I still have room after it's a driver I'm looking for a set of 17x9 Jeep JK wheels. As it looks now I've got a bit over $700 left and my engine isn't finished yet.

spacecadet
6/16/19 4:54 p.m.

In reply to Daylan C :

gotcha, yeah I'm planning for the car to play by Gastropod rules, otherwise I'd be bolting a set of purple crack on.. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UltraDork
6/16/19 5:00 p.m.

In reply to spacecadet :

My plan was oldest, heaviest, but hopefully not slowest Gastropod. Probably gonna be slowest if we're honest.

1 2 3 4 5 ... 39

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wDWG7iTZ119oH7oakJ8iY0iJjJ54XGyv4nAoYIJBRxkmSw6WOEQeSbt2AWzFlWG6