1 2 3
mgfoster
mgfoster Reader
7/22/22 12:48 a.m.

Finally the interior is all the way back together and it cleaned up quite nicely after vacuuming up months of mess. 

Air conditioning is incredible. Worth every single penny. I probably should do some fiddling with actuating the compressor through the ECU, but it has no issues idling with the extra load. I assume this is because of the DBW. 

Heads up display is quite tacky, so I will be buying the Dakota digital box whenever they come back in stock and seem more available. 

Drove the car into work today and had some coworkers that loved it, love when all the hard work starts to come to an end and you can just enjoy it! 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/22/22 8:23 a.m.

Fantastic!

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
7/22/22 8:29 a.m.

Bummer on the HUD, i've always wanted one but the aftermarket ones just never seem to be as good as promised.

As a tall torso guy, i cant stand having to take my eyes off the road long enough to look down so far to where engineers keep putting the speedo's.

I usually run a cell phone in a ram mount suction cup up on the dash, behind the a pillar so that i can have Wyze up, so i have a digital speed. 

mgfoster
mgfoster Reader
7/25/22 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Mad_Ratel :

I mean dont get me wrong, for the price, it functions quite nicely and does what it says. In a 50 year old truck, it just seems off!

mgfoster
mgfoster Reader
8/26/22 6:11 a.m.

Well first and foremost I was finally able to finish the rest of the exhaust. It is a great quiet volume for my use. It has a bit of low speed drone that I am going to attribute to the turndowns under the bed rather than piping all the way out. 

i also finally got around to removing the in cab tank and also added some shoulder belts. 

mgfoster
mgfoster Reader
8/26/22 6:15 a.m.

Also realized I never uploaded good pictures of the "completed" setup. 

Kendall Frederick
Kendall Frederick GRM+ Memberand New Reader
8/26/22 9:13 a.m.

Great looking truck!  I'm impressed that you actually put cats on a vehicle that doesn't require them.  :-)

Did you make the coolant overflow tank?

I have a 1980 C10 that's an ugly driver; I put Vintage AC in it, and I have a 5.3/4L65 waiting, but the 350 that's in it refuses to die.  At 10 MPG though, I'm getting more motivated to do the swap just for gas mileage.   Do you know what kind of mileage your truck gets after the swap?

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/26/22 10:06 a.m.

Wow. That's a beautiful truck. With how new and shiny everything else looks, the brake master almost seems out of place.

fidelity101
fidelity101 UberDork
8/26/22 10:33 a.m.

beautiful!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mAYEDsI1v9fIDEShCjgXpWsTmfwgAyf2tfSIAMdvMqF2ChcWdAjgWBEqTnV8ZzTM