1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14
JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
10/9/15 10:26 p.m.

Installed and they seem very comfortable. A drive will tell, but it was too late for a test tonight. .

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
10/10/15 4:35 p.m.

Took it down the coast highway 30 miles and back. More comfortable than the 25 year old Recaro seats by far. I'll keep em!

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
10/10/15 5:26 p.m.

Those recaros are nice looking seats! Glad the new ones are more comfy though

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
10/13/15 2:36 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote: Those recaros are nice looking seats! Glad the new ones are more comfy though

That's what I was thinking. I'd add bases to them and keep them as shop chairs if you have the space. They look very cool.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
10/13/15 9:25 p.m.

Some day if I can, I'd like to have them repaired...new foam and new leather. I'll keep them stored upstairs in my shop till the money is there.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
10/22/15 11:06 p.m.

Planning to go to Cars & Coffee in Wilsonville Oregon this coming Saturday Oct 24th

obrut
obrut New Reader
11/11/15 5:04 p.m.

I have the matco tools clock with a picture of that car on it. I've had that clock probably since the early 90s when my brother gave it to me.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
11/19/15 7:46 p.m.

GREAT! I have one too...a vender of mine from back east had one since the early 90's on his wall. He sent it to me. How did you get yours?

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/20/15 7:18 a.m.
JohnnyBquick wrote: I would like to know if I did this correctly. Made a bracket for the catch can. Moved the PCV system that was not working to the passenger side. Is this plumbed right?

I'm not sure what's going on here, and "plumbed right" also depends on what PCV configuration you want to run, but it looks like you're doing something very unusual for sure, to have the filter on top of the catch can and a line going to the intake at the same time. I think a diagram would be more helpful than photos.

bentwrench
bentwrench HalfDork
11/20/15 7:55 a.m.

PCV should go to the motor not to the catch can.

It needs to draw clean cool air into the motor and pull the nasties out.

jfryjfry
jfryjfry New Reader
11/20/15 9:26 a.m.

It doesn't pull air into the motor, it just evacuates the vapor and blowby. Ideally it will put a vacuum on the crankcase, albeit a small one.

If I'm seeing the setup right, you just have a big vacuum leak now - the intake has a tube that goes to a catch can that is vented to atmosphere.

It likely should go straight to the valve cover with a pcv valve in it.

You could plug the intake hole and run the valve cover to a vented catch can as an option that will likely work well, although it won't put a vacuum on the motor.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
11/23/15 9:52 p.m.

Right. I took the filter (vent) (vacuum leak) out of the system and it finally works right now. Thanks!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
1/14/16 10:22 a.m.

I was sent a photo that was shot in 1990. It shows my car as a roadster. Found out it was then made into a targa. IT HAD A SEX CHANGE!

Jay
Jay UltraDork
1/15/16 2:18 p.m.

Holy crap this is cool. I never knew they made a targa version (or any kind of chop top for that matter.) I always thought the lines of these were kind of awkward but from side profile yours looks pretty good. It will never be confused for something from one of the Italian design studios but it has its own character & I like that a lot.

Great job on the resto & props for keeping the perfect colour scheme and graphics. :D Also super neat to hear your 'history' with the car.

If we have more PNW meets I hope to see it in person!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
1/15/16 11:14 p.m.
If we have more PNW meets I hope to see it in person!

Let me know if and when...I will try.

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
1/23/16 11:10 a.m.

https://www.facebook.com/OneLapOfAmerica/photos/a.255064614549161.68052.255017751220514/945146008874348/?type=3

Is that yellow car what I think it is?

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
1/23/16 3:42 p.m.

It is a early model Consulier GTP! So, yes.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
1/23/16 3:44 p.m.

Proxes RA1, 255/50ZR1 to be put on a set of Revolution wheels for this coming autocross season.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
3/23/16 11:57 p.m.

Cars and Coffee get togethers....I am going to start one for SW Oregon in the town of Coos Bay.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1549529992010857/

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
7/18/16 10:38 a.m.

Whats with the Consulier lately? My friend George and I took a 16 day, 8028 mile road trip.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
7/18/16 10:41 a.m.

I started In Coos Bay Oregon, went to Portland to pick up George. We headed east through the Columbia Gorge on to Lewiston Idaho and then through the Clearwater river canyon to Montana. He had never seen Yellowstone, so thats where we headed next.

trucke
trucke Dork
7/18/16 10:45 a.m.
JohnnyBquick wrote: I was sent a photo that was shot in 1990. It shows my car as a roadster. Found out it was then made into a targa. IT HAD A SEX CHANGE!

So then, how do you know what oil change place to take it too? Oh, you're not in North Carolina...nevermind!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
7/18/16 10:48 a.m.

After Yellowstone we headed toward Cheyenne WY. About 17 miles before it the fuel pump died. Thanks to AAA we got to a shop, but no fuel pump in town. Over night one from Denver and on the road by 10:30 am the next day. We decided if we were going to make it to the SDAC show (shelby-dodge auto club national meet) we better drive straight through. We did, 19 hours straight, only stopping for food, gas and bathroom breaks.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
7/18/16 10:50 a.m.

We made it to SDAC and spent a few days at the yearly meet up they have. There is always things going on in the parking lot, fixing transmissions to valve guides, to full from suspension upgrades. Crazy! I got the "Spirit of SDAC" award, first place in my class at the car show and came in third in the autocross.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
7/18/16 10:54 a.m.

The drag races were postponed because of rain so we decided to continue our trip and said goodbye. We headed east and then south. I wanted to stop at places that I do business with and meet them in person. It rained on us for two days of the trip. I mean really it rained ON us. The soft top I made (I don't have the factory top) SUCKED! We got soaked. We made fun of it and kept as dry as we could.

1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
M3jEgRXWw23WRKYk2GJFcaVTwtWemQ701v4dyoBoJGcxwwc1O30tjJbNpXOpy4ea