1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14
Opti
Opti Reader
5/25/15 1:34 p.m.

I'm generally not a fan of pink on anything, and I've been on the fence about the color.

I want red everything but after seeing the red one I think the pink and white and blue looks better. Really like the car.

It's interesting to see how much turbo dodge it is, are the blinkers and tail lights from a normal car?

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
5/27/15 11:50 a.m.

The tail lights are mid 80's ElCamino and Malibu wagon. The side markers have a Ford part number on them.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
5/27/15 11:55 a.m.

In reply to mbruneaux:

One-Off prototype? Did you happen to get a shot of the VIN?

I have seen this car in photos and in the youtube video.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/27/15 12:33 p.m.

In reply to JohnnyBquick:

I saw that car too - those pictures were taken at the Lime Rock Historics last year. When I get a chance I'll dig through my own photos of the car (I think I took some...) and see if I happened to get one of the VIN.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
5/27/15 4:50 p.m.

...and maybe a photo of the whole side of the car for my web site. If you would let me use it.

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
5/27/15 6:37 p.m.

I took them last weekend, the woman with the hat is the owner. I will look at my other pictures.

Pat
Pat HalfDork
5/27/15 7:11 p.m.

Same car...

http://youtu.be/6xeZyj5ymLc

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/27/15 9:05 p.m.
mbruneaux wrote: I took them last weekend, the woman with the hat is the owner. I will look at my other pictures.

I recognized her. She wore the same hat at Lime Rock. And I'd swear it's parked at the same spot along the first corner at Lime Rock... Odd...

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
5/28/15 12:03 p.m.

If anyone sees her again, have her contact me,

All info here...

http://www.consuliergtp.com

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
5/28/15 5:05 p.m.

In reply to JohnnyBquick:

It won't be until next year.....

Woody
Woody GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
5/28/15 6:21 p.m.

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2009/09/22/an-afternoon-with-john-fitch/

John keeps the Phoenix in a one-car garage attached to his 1767 house, but had a couple other cars he wanted to show me. One, parked in his post-and-beam barn beside his daily driver Mercedes station wagon, was his Consulier GTP, which he’s owned since new. The street version of the Consulier, it’s powered by a turbocharged and intercooled Chrysler 2.2L four-cylinder engine. He handed me the keys and pointed me toward the town of Lakeville. “I rarely drive it because I’m ashamed to be seen in it,” he said. “Women, children and some eccentric males love it. I think it’s ugly. But it goes like hell.” - See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2009/09/22/an-afternoon-with-john-fitch/#sthash.MqmlqMtl.dpuf

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
5/28/15 10:24 p.m.

Warren Mosler made the Consulier....I get to meet him next Wednesday!!

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
5/30/15 6:49 p.m.
JohnnyBquick wrote: Warren Mosler made the Consulier....I get to meet him next Wednesday!!

Have him sign something from it.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
5/30/15 10:26 p.m.

I have an extra engine cover to have him sign, I will hang it on my office wall. And a poster from the Matco calendar my car was in back in the day. (This one)

mbruneaux
mbruneaux New Reader
5/31/15 8:14 a.m.

Nice accesories.....

Vracer111
Vracer111 Reader
6/8/15 12:50 a.m.

Sweet thread...I've really enjoyed all the pages thusfar and the work you've done with it. And looking at that calendar, it's clear the side mirrors should be painted white again...it just plain works perfectly with the color scheme!

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
6/8/15 11:36 a.m.

have Mr Mosler sign the dashboard or the glovebox lid if there is one.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/20/15 12:32 a.m.
have Mr Mosler sign the dashboard or the glovebox lid if there is one.

There is none.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/20/15 12:54 a.m.

Warren Mosler sitting in my car.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/20/15 12:56 a.m.

He signed my "extra" engine cover and my poster.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/20/15 12:57 a.m.

I had some signs made, I gave one to Warren. He seemed real pleased. He said "no one has ever given me something before"!

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/20/15 12:59 a.m.

Then we went for a short drive...him taking the wheel! He did seem pleased on what I have done to the car.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/20/15 1:05 a.m.

Back to work on the car. I installed a real cool front license plate holder. While I had the car on the lift, I did some inspecting. I found the two front upper ball joints bad. Replacing them now. Front plate is removable by just pulling a spring loaded pin.

JohnnyBquick
JohnnyBquick Reader
6/22/15 2:40 p.m.

Got the upper ball joints replaced on the front of the car...alignment Tuesday.

Petrolburner
Petrolburner HalfDork
6/22/15 6:25 p.m.

How cool was that?!?! GRM feature material...

1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Fod5Y8IgYupukn6sVgyE89u4uN84V9Z4GST6nLWijuu0udZCMHB1b43318Jd9oG0