1 2
Alan Cesar
Alan Cesar Associate Editor
7/27/12 10:47 a.m.
  1. Use the year, make and model of your car in the subject line.

2. Non-car build threads are absolutely OK, just make the subject line descriptive.

3. Have fun!

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
7/27/12 10:56 a.m.

A PS to rule #3: Builds of all budgets are welcome, so please be accommodating and welcoming to your fellow builders no matter their financial situation. We want to see (and share) them all.

And yes, have fun! This should be cool.

ditchdigger
ditchdigger SuperDork
7/27/12 10:57 a.m.

SO AWESOME!!!!!! Can't wait for this to get rolling. I should start mine with a catch up post covering up til now.

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
7/27/12 11:37 a.m.

Please don't forget to add a "build thread" button to the lineup at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/27/12 12:02 p.m.

Is my 240sx front clip BBQ pit trailer build thread welcome?

David S. Wallens
7/27/12 12:04 p.m.
N Sperlo wrote: Is my 240sx front clip BBQ pit trailer build thread welcome?

Sure.

donalson
donalson PowerDork
7/27/12 12:58 p.m.

THANK YOU for bringing this back... this was one of my fav parts of the old forum...

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
7/27/12 1:24 p.m.

Oh... this is nice. Very nice.

Given the broad scope of interest and the many talented individuals we have on the boards, I can't wait to see some of the projects that turn up here.

Keith
Keith GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
7/27/12 2:11 p.m.

I have my own websites with builds of most of my vehicles, and trying to maintain build threads gets old fast. I might do a summary of a few of them if there's interest.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg UltimaDork
7/27/12 4:00 p.m.

Keith, just link them

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
7/27/12 6:41 p.m.

Sweet! Now I have more fun stuff to distract me from all of the things I should be doing!

dimarra
dimarra Dork
7/27/12 6:50 p.m.

Is it OK to link to other people's interesting build threads or are we limiting it to GRMers?

(Glaciers move faster than my projects progress.)

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/27/12 8:07 p.m.

And do you want it to stay just cars, or any kind of build. I tend to build a lot of not car stuff.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/27/12 9:51 p.m.
David S. Wallens wrote: A PS to rule #2: Builds of all budgets are welcome, so please be accommodating and welcoming to your fellow builders no matter their financial situation. We want to see (and share) them all.

The intent of this admonishment is amusing considering the typical GRMer's predilections; i.e. the inverse of what a casual observer might expect from your statement.

Alan Cesar
7/29/12 10:51 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: And do you want it to stay just cars, or any kind of build. I tend to build a lot of not car stuff.

Absolutely. I've revised Rule #1 to reflect this.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/30/12 10:04 a.m.

Hey, I had a build thread about my house... Is that welcome in here?

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/30/12 10:08 a.m.
Conquest351 wrote: Hey, I had a build thread about my house... Is that welcome in here?

Well, if my new pit is, and others off subject hobby builds are as well, I would assume so.

Conquest351
Conquest351 Dork
7/30/12 10:11 a.m.

Cool, bumped it. Mods, feel free to change the title to "Super Awesome 2011 Home Build Thread" if you want to. LOL

David S. Wallens
7/30/12 12:39 p.m.
Jerry From LA wrote: Please don't forget to add a "build thread" button to the lineup at the bottom of the page. Thank you.

Yep, that's coming. We needed an adult's help with that one.

Toyman01
Toyman01 GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
7/30/12 7:36 p.m.

Could I trouble you to move this one when you get a chance. I'm taking a break from it at the moment, but it will be coming back. I think the title will work as is, but you are more than welcome to change it to whatever.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/the-next-project-gas-turbine-content/48381/page1/

The_Jed
The_Jed HalfDork
9/21/12 8:03 p.m.

We should all include some sort of posed shot of ourselves a la Irish44j. Hilarity would likely ensue.

friedgreencorrado
friedgreencorrado PowerDork
9/25/12 11:12 p.m.

In reply to The_Jed:

We had one of those, although not all of the shots were posed. Or even real. Still, it was a bunch of fun!

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/off-topic-discussion/member-photos/34772/page1/

irish44j
irish44j UltraDork
12/14/12 10:05 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: We should all include some sort of posed shot of ourselves a la Irish44j. Hilarity would likely ensue.

why you hating jed?

as pennance, here is an impromptu one when my wife walked into the garage and called my name and then I popped up out of the engine. She was like "I know your camera is out here since you take pictures of everything, so where is it?"

Curmudgeon
Curmudgeon MegaDork
12/19/12 1:13 p.m.

I tend to get real single minded when working on something, so pics of my garbage during molestation are not real common. I'm trying to break that habit with the GT6 thread. And y'all do NOT want me to post a 'pose with' pic, unless you have real strong stomachs.

Alan Cesar
8/6/13 3:29 p.m.
Alan Cesar wrote:
Toyman01 wrote: And do you want it to stay just cars, or any kind of build. I tend to build a lot of not car stuff.
Absolutely. I've revised the rules to reflect this.
1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qbTNhMHGGnTrNhaJjm6k90Afy0QoSj1bLRDf5lNfMwbeyf8Q7y6NpjlzG7PMzG01