1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 113
759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UltraDork
1/1/21 7:38 p.m.
loosecannon said:

And the best happy New Year pic collage..thank you and Briget.....stay warm .....safe ........and sane...peace out BEC 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
1/20/21 8:40 a.m.

The Pink Panther has been moved from the trailer to the shop, so at least it's possible to work on it now. I'm trying to get the Suburban assembled before I work on the race car but hopefully I'll have some new videos soon.

759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
1/20/21 9:37 a.m.

So when did the "V" in the middle of the spoiler disappear......new rules from last year.....or a protest from jk???wink

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
1/20/21 9:50 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Right, guess I should explain. My aero guy said that the high downforce spoiler did add downforce but the aero balance of the car would be heavily biased to the rear. He advised me to go with the low downforce spoiler because the balance would be better and I would be quicker on the track. I didn't fully believe him until the last 2 events, when the car became understeery above 60 mph. So, I went back to the low downforce spoiler until the new aero rules come in and I'm allowed to run dive planes up front.

1/20/21 9:59 a.m.

Video of donuts in the parking lot???? oh wait, I'm thinking the landlord wouldn't be too keen on those shenanigans.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/16/21 6:53 p.m.

I have begun work on the Pink Panther again. I shot video of what I did but work screeched to a halt when I found bent brake discs up front. New ones have been ordered but I don't want to tear a bunch more stuff apart until I have them. I took the wheels off to swap the wheel centers out for new ones with the correct offset and bolt pattern.

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/16/21 7:32 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:

Video of donuts in the parking lot???? oh wait, I'm thinking the landlord wouldn't be too keen on those shenanigans.

I'm pretty sure he does the donuts inside the building.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/2/21 9:19 p.m.

I am replacing the head and manifolds so I wanted to get a baseline on the health of the engine before I add power.  I performed a leakdown test and it held really well on all 4 cylinders with hardly anything getting by (a little on exhaust valves but the new head solves that) and 130 psi on all cylinders on a compression test. 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/4/21 10:37 p.m.

I had pressure build up in the crankcase due to a way too small line going to my catch can so today I welded a 10AN bung on the valve cover and catch can so I can run a bigger line, then I painted the whole thing pink. With the new head that I'm planning to put on, I can run a way higher redline so I am changing rear gears. I pulled out the diff and drilled a bunch of lightening holes in it since it's way overkill for the power levels I'm pushing. Yes, I realize it's only a small weight loss but you drop a pound by dropping ounces.

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
3/5/21 4:37 a.m.

I've never seen that before. I wonder if you might notice a cooling difference as well.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
3/5/21 9:15 a.m.
loosecannon said:

I had pressure build up in the crankcase due to a way too small line going to my catch can so today I welded a 10AN bung on the valve cover and catch can so I can run a bigger line, then I painted the whole thing pink.

Just did this myself.  Two 12AN bungs (one per valve cover) should hopefully do it.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/6/21 7:16 a.m.

I was checking the shape of the turbo and it has no play in the shaft but it does have this little bit of damage to the fins. I'm not very concerned and am going to run it as is. I can't remember ever running without an air filter but something definitely went through the turbski

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/8/21 10:50 p.m.

I will be working on somebody else's project car this week. Most people don't know that I worked as a mechanic for two different Porsche race car teams, one at the 12 Hours of Sebring and once at Mid-Ohio. My Canadian citizenship stopped me from doing it anymore but anyways, a friend of mine owns a restoration shop so he called me in to help assemble this amazing 1973 Porsche 911. As far as I know, it's not a genuine 2.7RS but it has a whack of amazing stuff on it. The story I got is that some shop in the US started the project then somebody ran out of money and the current owner bought it as a disassembled project. It has Penske coilovers, 993 brakes, 3.6 engine with PMO carbs, twin plug heads, upgraded sway bars,  WEVO motor mounts and shift mechanism, G50 trans, fuel cell with through-hood filler and multiple oil coolers up front.

3/9/21 5:42 p.m.

You never cease to amaze......carry on 

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/10/21 7:38 p.m.

Today I was back on the Pink Panther. I pulled the stock intake off and removed the head. The cylinders all look mint. Here is a picture of the new intake ports vs the stock intake ports.

3/10/21 8:03 p.m.

Excuse me, but to the untrained eye I'm not seeing much of a difference....is this a trust me there is?

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/10/21 10:41 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

Just take a look at the ring around the ports on the ports of the bottom intake. That ring is a different color because the intake gasket doesn't contact that area and it's exposed to air. Now look at the top one, it has all that material ground (grinded?) away so the size difference is a lot, actually.

bentwrench
bentwrench SuperDork
3/10/21 11:27 p.m.

those look like diesel pistons!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/17/21 8:45 p.m.

During my return to work on the MGB, I have been shooting video but now that I have enough to edit into a nice YouTube video, the SD card got corrupted and I lost everything ;(  Anyways, I started assembling the new head and noticed some scratches on the roller rockers but not the cams. ZZP sells new oem rockers for $99 but were out of stock so I ordered them from my local dealership, want to guess how much of a premium I have to pay because I live in Canada? It was $450 for the exact same rockers that ZZP sells!!!  On the plus side, if I injure my self installing them, it won't cost me a penny ;)  And now for the big news: I have a new Borg-Warner ZFR turbo from ZZP.! It has dual ceramic ball bearings, titanium wheels and will spool up way quicker than the stock turbo. I'm not very expressive of my feelings but this one has got me excited

SkinnyG (Forum Supporter)
SkinnyG (Forum Supporter) UberDork
3/17/21 9:48 p.m.

Awesome awesome!

DaewooOfDeath
DaewooOfDeath SuperDork
3/17/21 11:08 p.m.

Beautiful work. 

3/18/21 12:19 p.m.

What HP/TQ #'s can we expect with this update?????

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/18/21 9:20 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:

What HP/TQ #'s can we expect with this update?????

The car made 350hp/385ft/lbs before and ZZP claims that just bolting this turbo on adds 50-75 hp. Should be an easy 400hp/400ft/lbs but it could quite possibly make a lot more than that.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/19/21 9:58 p.m.

The new rocker arms arrived today so I'm going to try to get them on tomorrow.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/20/21 11:00 p.m.

Been a while but I finally put together an update video, which explains the delays

Episode 262-Work Resumes, but video was lost

1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 ... 113

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SgsNGRIgOMiWBb4v22mEBJYgcyRyRJeVA8YjR23048Zdlkk7x4BWyMdYN08R6oO4