1 2 3 4

Well, technically, Lynnwood, but I am going to have to land at SeaTac, so the title isn't lying.

Just promised about $2500 of my hard-earned American greenbacks to Public Surplus, so I guess I better find a way out there.

The Daji in question-

I kinda hope they leave the lettering on to keep a twisted version of the JDM "Official Base" graphics so many of these have.

If it makes it back to Chicago, I will finally be able to put the Shelby Anacondas I got from Chandler to use.   

More later, but I may need some enabling in the PNW...

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
8/5/22 9:30 p.m.

This is cool on so many levels. I can't wait to read about the journey home. 

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
8/5/22 9:32 p.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Those wheels are hot.  The van too.

Three months ago I did a fly-n-drive beginning at Seatac. I bought a car on the University of Washington campus, worked on it, and drove it back to Texas taking the long way (working on it even more). The PNW is bad ass ! Enjoy your adventure.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
8/5/22 10:02 p.m.

Put me down for PNW enabling. I live 45 minutes from the airport, maybe 1.5 hours from Edmonds. I'm not right on your path, but I've got a well equipped shop you're welcome to use to get the Dajiban sorted for your drive. 

Slippery
Slippery GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
8/5/22 10:08 p.m.

I was there for a month until this past week. PNW is amazing and the weather is great now. Good luck!

This is what awaits you:

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
8/5/22 10:18 p.m.
Mezzanine said:

Put me down for PNW enabling. I live 45 minutes from the airport, maybe 1.5 hours from Edmonds. I'm not right on your path, but I've got a well equipped shop you're welcome to use to get the Dajiban sorted for your drive. 

Thank you!   It only has 51K miles, so maybe it won't need much, but it is good to know someone in the area.

8/5/22 10:24 p.m.
Slippery said:

I was there for a month until this past week. PNW is amazing and the weather is great now. Good luck!

This is what awaits you:

~PHOTO SNIP~

Thanks!  This will be my 5th (6th?) trip up there; at least three or 4 to Portland, and a couple to Seattle, including a Fly-n-Drive in 2020 to help a member relocate to the Midwest.

And one of the trips to Portland was to tow this back-

I wouldn't say I go out of my way to hit the PNW, but I certainly don't avoid it.

revhard
revhard Reader
8/6/22 12:12 a.m.

I'm in the West Seattle / Bellevue area. Let me know when you plan on coming and how I can help you.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
8/6/22 12:48 a.m.

Will you be taking I90 home from Seattle?

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
8/6/22 10:48 a.m.

Heck yeah, this is going to be awesome!

Slow_M
Slow_M Reader
8/6/22 12:59 p.m.

Some of this actually had me a little homesick, even though I only lived there for 3 1/2 years. 

revhard said:

I'm in the West Seattle / Bellevue area. Let me know when you plan on coming and how I can help you.

Thank you!   I'll be arriving early Wednesday afternoon, and hope to pick up the van after a trip to Lynnwood.   I will know more after I see it it person.   It is supposed to start, run, and drive.

birdmayne said:

Will you be taking I90 home from Seattle?

I'm honestly not sure yet.   A lot will depend on the condition of the van, weather, and road conditions once I arrive.

Flight booked and confirmed.

So, one thing I need to figure out is the Washington trip permit.   Am I able to get one as a nonresident?   I fumbled around with Google and the state site for a bit on Friday, and only became more confused.

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself said:

So, one thing I need to figure out is the Washington trip permit.   Am I able to get one as a nonresident?   I fumbled around with Google and the state site for a bit on Friday, and only became more confused.

Yes !

Just go to one of the title offices and pay the money and they'll give you a trip permit. I got one as a Texas resident when I did my fly-n-drive in April. You will need two forms of ID to prove your residence. In the end I had to have my wife text me a copy of our electric bill to go along with my Texas driver's license. You need two things with your name and address.

In reply to Cousin_Eddie (Forum Supporter) :

Sweet!   Thanks!

8/8/22 12:06 p.m.

So, I received a message through the GRM email system, but there is no way of knowing what user name the massage is from.   If it was someone in this thread, please let me know.

iansane
iansane GRM+ Memberand Dork
8/8/22 12:56 p.m.

Good timing, the weather is great right now. I'm up in this area too. Not quite Seattle/Lynnhood but I commute there every day. I love dajibans. Can't wait to see it swinging.

onemanarmy
onemanarmy Reader
8/8/22 1:03 p.m.

following....

barefootcyborg5000
barefootcyborg5000 PowerDork
8/8/22 1:39 p.m.

Dajiban! Awesome. Have fun. 

8/9/22 11:11 p.m.

Called my contact that school district earlier today.   He told me "Old Number 340" was a "good one" when I asked about specifics like the age of the tires and whether the A/C worked, so I have that going for me.   I am tempted to swap my 340 into it, but that is just silly.  Isn't it?

Getting last minute stuff packed.      My flight leaves at tomorrow morning.   Hopefully whatever I'm forgetting isn't important.

revhard
revhard Reader
8/10/22 1:54 a.m.

In reply to Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself :

Oh, that was probably me.

8/10/22 5:38 a.m.

In reply to revhard :

Ah.    There wasn't a Username to go with the GRM email, and the area code for the number you gave was for Connecticut so I wasn't sure who I was getting a message from.      My flight is supposed to touch down at SeaTac @2:10.    I don't have any checked bags, so I should be out of the airport pretty quickly.    I don't know where or when your child needs to be picked up from daycare, so I am not sure if you would be able to pick them up in time.  I do know crosstown traffic can be pretty rough, however.   If you would still like to try to get me to Lynnwood, let me know, and I can keep you updated on my flight.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mDxAn1UL3JiXJtv1UbOM7AnqmwxkznmbcHUtEdktHyFWUve9P1BnDc4swHZuyZMO