1 ... 12 13 14 15
11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
2/18/21 6:47 p.m.

Words fail, your work ( and that of your amazing wife) is really impressive.  Thanks for all the updates.  

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/20/21 8:06 p.m.

I brought in a pro to install the glass and it took 4 hours to get the windshield, side and barn door glass in. Then I installed the rear view mirror and padded dash. While they struggled to install the glass, I painted all the wheels black and my wife did a 3 color paint job on the hub caps. You will have to trust me that it actually looks better in person. All that's left is the interior and roof rack.

Racingsnake
Racingsnake Reader
2/20/21 9:59 p.m.

In reply to loosecannon :

Looks awesome!

bgkast (Forum Supporter)
bgkast (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
2/21/21 1:29 a.m.

Wow!

eastpark
eastpark HalfDork
2/21/21 6:33 a.m.
loosecannon said:

I brought in a pro to install the glass and it took 4 hours to get the windshield, side and barn door glass in. Then I installed the rear view mirror and padded dash. While they struggled to install the glass, I painted all the wheels black and my wife did a 3 color paint job on the hub caps. You will have to trust me that it actually looks better in person. All that's left is the interior and roof rack.

Damn, that's beautiful!  I'd have a hard time debating whether to install the roof rack. That is stunning!

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
2/21/21 11:11 p.m.
eastpark said:
loosecannon said:

Damn, that's beautiful!  I'd have a hard time debating whether to install the roof rack. That is stunning!

How high is the roof?  Can you get anything up there without a 5 gal bucket?   I say bucket because that's what I used the last time I had a tall one with a rack

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/22/21 9:01 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

The roof is 7 feet up so getting something up there from the side is not easy but getting up from the back isn't so bad because of the step bumper. Pitching a tent ont he roof rack will keep you safe from bears and cougars

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
2/22/21 9:10 a.m.

I did not realize how much I needed one of these until just now. OMG this truck makes me tingle!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
2/22/21 4:04 p.m.

Beautiful!  Just beautiful!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/23/21 5:31 p.m.

I got the molded industrial polyvinyl flooring for it and it's very thick and hard to deal with but I managed to get it all in the interior and fastened down. There are still some places where I need to heat if up to get rid of bulges but I think a couple of days in the hot sun will fix that. I also have some sill plates to add and they will hold down the edges of the flooring by the doors. Once the floor was in, I was able to bolt both seats in and add seatbelts, too. This Suburban came with 3 row seating from the factory but I'm not interested in that, two rows of seats are plenty.

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/24/21 9:21 p.m.

The Suburban is finished! I made a video about it From Rusty to Trusty

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
2/25/21 7:17 a.m.

That was so satisfying to watch.  Awesome work, congratulations to both of you for getting it finished.  I'm looking forward to a road trip video.  Also, way to end the video on a high note! laugh

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/27/21 7:01 p.m.

Reminder where the Suburban came from

TRoglodyte
TRoglodyte UltraDork
2/28/21 5:46 a.m.

Where will this be sold, Sothebys ? Stunning piece of artwork!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/28/21 8:34 a.m.

In reply to TRoglodyte :

Probably BringATrailer after we have enjoyed it for a bit. Thanks for the compliment

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
2/28/21 8:53 a.m.

what an awesome project - you did a great job.  

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
2/28/21 9:44 a.m.

Fantastic!

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
2/28/21 4:37 p.m.
loosecannon said:

Reminder where the Suburban came from

Loose, do you have to help Briget(sp?) get into this? I'd have to have step bars of some sort.   VERY WELL DONE!!!

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/28/21 5:31 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

It is definitely an effort to hop up into the Suburban but so far Briget and I can manage it without a step ladder

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
2/28/21 9:01 p.m.
loosecannon said:

It is definitely an effort to hop up into the Suburban but so far Briget and I can manage it without a step ladder

You just like boosting up her bumm ..wink DAWG,,,

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
2/28/21 11:01 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:
loosecannon said:

You just like boosting up her bumm ..wink DAWG,,,

You caught me, it's just another excuse to touch her bum ;)

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/3/21 9:39 p.m.

That looks FAN - F'ing - TASTIC.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
3/3/21 10:01 p.m.

I hope, after making it that nice, you are doing well enough to be able to keep it. Superb work.

with my lack of bodywork skills, (and lack of motivation) I’d have been tempted to just repair enough rust to get by, touch it up some, and add some flares and bedliner on the lower panels.:

loosecannon
loosecannon SuperDork
3/19/21 10:04 p.m.

There is a GMC emblem on the back of the Suburbans that is unique to Suburbans and not available in the aftermarket. Good original ones will cost $400+ if you can find one. I brought my broken one to a machinist who was able to make a reasonable facsimile out of stainless steel and I really like how it looks. 

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
3/19/21 10:30 p.m.

Props to your machinist buddy.  That is some clean work there.

1 ... 12 13 14 15

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7eWEVY8bcUrpjsApPNDJdJXoEor0NMidToIh2UtWPxlvjl6KwRbAAocb8ySF0JCo