1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
11/27/20 3:18 p.m.
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) said:
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

I already changed but today it was Cintas khaki shorts with a black GRM shirt.  I get the shorts free at work so me being cheap I wear them all the time.  GRM shirt was because it was the first one I picked up.

Edit - Oh and flip flops but yall probably already knew that.

What no pink Crocs!?!?!?   and there's not a speck of dirt/mud onya 

Oh I could rock some pink Crocs cause I look good in anything.  Don't know about the dirt and mud.  I had to take a shower once I got home.

Stampie (FS)
11/27/20 4:01 p.m.

1928 Model A

Before I forget let's do a budget.

Known:

Model A                $750

Seat                        $40

Rear suspension $151.46

15 inch wheels         $0

Total known          $941.46

Projected

Front suspension $100

Engine /Trans        $300

Autocross tires      $Budget exempt

Total Projected     $400

Recoup

None

Project total       $1341.46

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
11/27/20 4:58 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Is this going to be a "Full Budget" build ? 

You normally play at the"half budget" level if I remember correctly.

Stampie (FS)
11/27/20 5:11 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

Plan is half budget.  I can zero the Model A pretty easy.  Still going to be hard because I'll lose that much recoup and this is a frame up build pretty much.

Stampie (FS)
11/28/20 2:00 p.m.

Yesterday while staring at my new baby I thought wow there's a lot of brackets and stuff I don't need. Out comes the impact and sawzall.

First up were these. When I saw them yesterday my first thought was damn it Infiniti hid NHV weights on the subframe. Pretty sure the old Q45 had them in the same spots.

I unbolted those then broke out the sawzall to cut unneeded brackets off. I ended up with this.

You know how you're about to do something and think you know this could go bad. I learned not to hold a bracket you just cut off then try to use the impact to remove a bolt from it. 

I still need to take a grinder to the parts left but the kid next door is having a birthday party. Kids dad is a DA but I can't hold that against the kid. Yet.

So what did we end up with?  8.25 pounds of unneeded weight. 

Stampie (FS)
11/28/20 2:19 p.m.

Oops forgot the done picture. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
11/29/20 1:21 a.m.

That’s a nice tidy looking rear setup. 

If I ever get off my butt and start pulling parts off my magnum wagon before it heads to scrapper, I plan to pull the rear assembly. Bet it won’t be as light as that!

Stampie (FS)
11/29/20 10:45 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

Thanks I like my tidy rear end also.

Stampie (FS)
12/3/20 2:46 p.m.

Rolling up to a job I notice a bunch of stuff in the front yard of a neighbor. I ask and they're cleaning out an estate. Grabbed these.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
12/3/20 2:54 p.m.

Nitrous bottle ?  Convert to fuel tank ?  What are you up to ?

Stampie (FS)
12/3/20 3:13 p.m.

In reply to Indy "Nub" Guy :

All that?  Naw these are aluminum I believe so fuel tank. Should be 1.5 gallons or so. Ounces win races. 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
12/4/20 5:08 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

In reply to 03Panther :

Thanks I like my tidy rear end also.

Argggggg..... Should have known you'd hafta go there. Don't know that ill sleep without nightmares tonight!

Stampie (FS)
12/5/20 2:25 p.m.
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) said:

Very interesting.  I'm curious where you go with all this.

Let me know if robotic-fire could come in handy.

1928 Model A

So you see the plan was put a Saab 2.3 Turbo in front of an Isuzu T5.  Well that's until dyintorace text me two weeks ago while I was laid over in the Atlanta airport. His friend's mom was moving and needed to sell off her passed husband's Ford stuff. He was asking advice on how to sell the vehicles and then he got to the engines. Wait I might be interested in engines.  

So today I met them there. I've been looking at grainy pictures of the engines for two weeks trying to figure out what they were. I fully expected to find two late 70s 302 engines that I'd politely decline. 

First engine is on a stand so easier to get to the casing numbers.

That's a 351 Windsor and now that I got home and researched more the 4bbl intake means the HO version. 

The other one is too low to see casting numbers but I find a sticker on the valve cover.

1975 460 big block. 

Deal made we start to load up. The 460 is first. The husband had built a shed and the flooring where the engines were was laminate over maybe subflooring at one time. It was not made for us to move engines. The 460 kicked our collective behinds. I wasn't keeping track but they said it took us two hours to load it. 

Little break then we start on the 351W. It will fit in Marty so we put it in and I joke that we'll just swing it around aimed out the door and 30 seconds later it'll be ready to load up.  I'll be damned if that's not what happened although little longer than 30 seconds. Marty made it easy and in fact our biggest worry was the cart rolling down a hill too fast.

Anyone want a BBF?

dyintorace (Forum Supporter)
dyintorace (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
12/5/20 3:34 p.m.

No pictures of the helpers? sad

Stampie (FS)
12/5/20 3:58 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace (Forum Supporter) :

Oops, sorry, I know I meant to. Thanks again for the lead and the help. 

11GTCS
11GTCS HalfDork
12/5/20 4:05 p.m.

Awesome, Ford power in a Ford hot rod for a change.  yes

Very cool.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/20 4:37 p.m.

Stampie:

Anyone want a BBF?

Sorry i prefer bbc

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/5/20 4:44 p.m.

Didn't PAW used to have a cheap kit to take a 460 to 512 or something equally ridiculous? Always thought a ginormous engine in a full size early 60s sedan (63 galaxy) with a stick and pro street meats on the back would be awesome. 

Stampie (FS)
12/5/20 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) :

I can make delivey of a 460 to your house.

12/5/20 5:47 p.m.

No.

Not unless it comes with the galaxy,  four speed, and centerline wheels/sportsman pros. And somewhere to sleep after Jenny divorces me. 

Stampie (FS)
12/5/20 5:50 p.m.

Sorry but you'll have to provide your own galaxy, four speed, wheels, and bed to sleep in.  But I could deliver it to your Dad's where Jenny doesn't have to know about it.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
12/5/20 5:56 p.m.

PAW has been gone for years

12/5/20 6:00 p.m.

No paw? Im out...

What happened? They were awesome!

03Panther
03Panther Dork
12/5/20 7:59 p.m.

If it’s cheap enough, and I ever get to make my road trip out there, I’d prefer Fords,  before having to take BBC. I’m not against any Chevy, but I have to be very clear with some of yousurprise

But yes, a spare “385” (429/460) could def. find a home here. I still have not pulled the heads on that obs truck, to make sure all it needs is gaskets. 

1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wxLvKuEuhhx6doK0B68gFrBDNX1ZOIsNpLHi1nbYOJllDUnCK9oEhJ89Mtf7qNlJ