1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20
Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 10:51 a.m.

Scraper neighbor mentioned he had a couple of lawn batteries a few days ago. He saw me outside so he brought them over. First one charged in 30 minutes. Second one going now. $5 each is what he can get for them so that's what he'll sell them to me for.   They even fit the battery holder from the Q45 with a slight mod to the top strap that will make it even lighter. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
3/5/21 11:08 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Rookie.  1/18 to 2/1 between posts hardly counts as pulling an Angry.

Stampie (FS)
3/5/21 11:47 a.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Not everyone can pull off being you like you can.

Stampie (FS)
3/5/21 4:52 p.m.

Both batteries charged up so I paid them. 

759NRNG (Forum Partidario)
759NRNG (Forum Partidario) UberDork
3/5/21 8:30 p.m.

Uh, no that's your hand righting  using your other 'left' hand....sorry try again

Stampie (FS)
3/5/21 8:59 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG (Forum Partidario) :

You don't want to berk with Ms. Mary.  She's actually the scrapper's MIL.  I think in her 80s at this point.  She runs this end of the street.  No one berks with Ms. Mary.

Stampie (FS)
3/26/21 10:07 a.m.

The spring Turkey Rod run swap meet started today. I dropped Lil Stampie at school and headed down. 

First I found this beautiful Edelbrock air cleaner for $5. I think I might have over paid. 

​​​​​

​​​​​

Next after walking 90% of the field I finally found a 351W aluminum intake for $100.

slowbird
slowbird UltraDork
3/26/21 1:30 p.m.

Ooh, Offenhauser. Now you can tell people you've got an Indycar motor in it. devilwink

Stampie (FS)
3/26/21 4:07 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

That's what I tell them anyway.

Stampie (FS)
3/27/21 1:23 p.m.

Woohoo I did some stuff. Not my plan for today but it's what called my name as I walked up. 

I started with grinding a rusty screw to free the grill shell from the Model A. Then placed it with the Jeep Wrangler radiator to see.

Oh that looks close. I cut off the Jeep side mounting brackets and ended up with this.

So freaking close. Then I did the GRM version of phone a friend and I'm waiting for the response. 

Stampie (FS)
3/31/21 10:09 a.m.

No room in my work van for the oven but the bed frame is mine now. 

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
3/31/21 2:16 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

The spring Turkey Rod run swap meet started today. I dropped Lil Stampie at school and headed down. 

You passed on that big yellow Accel Super Coil?  Every self-respecting muscle car guy had one of those on their car back in the 1970s.  smiley

Stampie (FS)
3/31/21 5:19 p.m.

In reply to stuart in mn :

Next time I run across one I'll grab it for you.  This Ford will be getting a GM HEI conversion. 

3/31/21 7:56 p.m.

Let's see....tomorrow is April fools and your it .....when are you gonna put any of the E36M3 together, so the hive can see some progress on your "challenge build"?  

Stampie (FS)
3/31/21 7:59 p.m.

Right now I'm in clear out space to build mode.  I sold a trailer last week.  That helps.  Think I'll see if the neighbor scrapper wants what I refer to as the engine trailer.  Then "build" a "frame table".  I use both of those terms loosely.

3/31/21 8:17 p.m.

So basically you're 65% percent done with this build correct????

Stampie (FS)
3/31/21 8:32 p.m.

Oh I'd say like 90%.  I mean I have about all the parts.  Just need to throw them together.  It's that last 10% that's a bitch.

3/31/21 8:35 p.m.

QK my bad granma S needs a new set of wheels an yur the project coordinatur.....dats way moar importent.....peace out

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/1/21 2:30 p.m.

A little bird pinged my computer and said you got a present from the Man in Brown today...

Stampie (FS)
4/1/21 5:05 p.m.

In reply to TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) :

I got some pure sexiness today.

What could that be?

Turns out one side fits the diff flange. And the other side fits the driveshaft flange. 

This is exactly what I needed to make my junkyard Ford/C3/Frontier driveshaft fit my junkyard Q45 diff.  Thanks Scott and great job of taking a rednecks metric measurements and making a piece of art. 

TVR Scott (Forum Supporter)
TVR Scott (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
4/2/21 9:43 a.m.

Fit on that thing looks spot on.  I'm really happy with that considering I didn't have the parts in-hand to test fit.

You're like a Renaissance Redneck.  Metric is no challenge to you.

Stampie
Stampie GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
4/13/21 4:43 p.m.

Getting closer but still gathering stuff. 

Started out last week with bgkast offering two free Howe master cylinders. 

That got me thinking about pedal cluster so I thought I remembered a gas pedal from the tote of free I got when I picked up the engine. Yep found it.

Those MCs mean I needed a brake pedal and a way to adjust. After some negotiation with the seller I bought this Howe brake pedal with balance bar. Now I can have bragging rights on the lightest/coolest brake system.  Just waiting on a GRM express pickup by Tom in a few weeks. 

On the way to my last job I saw what I thought was some plexiglass sitting beside the road. Went back after work and yep 2x4 foot piece.

My frame "table" legs came in today. Notice that they're made of aluminum so that means the "table" will be faster than all those other frame tables out there.

I sold a trailer last week and a truck last night so I'm gaining my space back. I need to move the previously belonging to the cool Patrick trailer out so I can give the engine trailer to the scraper. That should free up enough space to start on the frame "table".

Stampie
5/7/21 6:26 a.m.

On the way to school this morning I saw that a neighbor had out these out at the street. Thinking they'll make good floors.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand PowerDork
5/7/21 7:28 a.m.

I don't know how I've missed following this thread. 

Stampie
5/7/21 8:56 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Nothing to miss lately.  Just a lot of parts collecting.

1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
UEF2S9A1LvPCOkxiAgq2LXXycz0tKOncYEbrJzaSM6twXoG0vn11sXR2pi59TTQ3