1 2 3 4
Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
4/14/22 3:34 p.m.

Oh and there was a go kart race as well in between there. Did pretty well and finished upper mid pack overall I believe but could use some better gearing and overall more power.  

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/15/22 10:05 a.m.

I just love the look of Miatas with tires way bigger than factory intended. 

Also the go karts look like fun! We enjoy them here, cheap fairly safe fun. Most recently we built a couple drift trikes. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
4/15/22 9:27 p.m.

Honestly the Miata was far more capable than I would have expected and was a ton of fun.  A lot of people reported having difficulty installing the paco lift but it was really quite easy.  Maybe a couple hours with two people. 

The go karts were a blast. 20-30 people split into three run groups then a last chance qualifier and final heat.  Friend of a friend built the track on his property.  

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
4/18/22 9:53 a.m.

In reply to Greg Voth :

Yeah, I did a 3" PACO lift a couple years ago. Install was not bad. I didn't get the adjustable control arms or extended ball joints so alignment wasn't ideal and highway driving got scary... Might try again sometime though. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
4/18/22 2:07 p.m.

Haha.  We have the same issue. Maxed out we are at negative rear camber and positive front. The exact opposite of what I would want.   With the cheap old tires on there I am not worried about it at this point.  Drives halfway decent. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
5/11/22 10:14 p.m.

Threw in a steering rack and ended up having to do a wheel bearing.  Pain to do but its driving again. 

Ended up selling one of the RX7s after a local guy had his totalled by a distracted driver.   Nice to get some money coming back in so hopefully a lift is not too far off.  

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
5/12/22 10:35 a.m.

In reply to Greg Voth :

Did you sell the rx7 to Marcus, bushy haired kid?  He works at the Firm. Seems like a good dude. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
5/12/22 2:11 p.m.

Sure did.  Cool guy and ill be glad to see it going again.  Its been an autocross/track car since new so he should give it a good home. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
5/19/22 12:47 p.m.

Yet another distraction has entered the equation.  2003 Xterra supercharged model my co worker was selling. 196k, no records so may be due for a timing belt.  New winch and tires, ARB bumper and spare tire carrier.  Not sure the plan for it other than general off roading / gambler events. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/1/22 4:11 p.m.

Ended up selling the Xterra.  Someone wanted it more than I did so I used the money and grabbed a Jeep 5.2 ZJ Grand  Cherokee on 33s.  

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/1/22 9:05 p.m.

Also picked up an IS38 turbo, intercooler and downpipe for my wifes Alltrack.  Going to pick up a clutch and intake as well before install.

chiquito1228
chiquito1228 New Reader
12/2/22 1:20 a.m.

Love the garage. Also spotted the rotary wheels on the wall 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/3/22 9:40 p.m.

Thanks!   Ive aquired so many RX7 parts over the last 20 years.  Need to purge a little to help outfit the shop and clear up space.  

chiquito1228
chiquito1228 New Reader
12/3/22 10:34 p.m.

Let me know. I could help i have a 79

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/4/22 2:13 p.m.

For sure.  If you need anything let me know.  I have a variety of stuff, usually not what I need at any given time but thats how it goes.  

I think Ive got roughly ten RX7s at the moment.  

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/4/22 6:50 p.m.

Had a caliper sieze on the Jeep so I decided to take the time to clean up the surface rust on the front fenders.  The gold and red should match the Miller High Life theme for the Gambler.  

79rex
79rex HalfDork
12/5/22 3:37 p.m.

what the width on those diamonds?  Im guessing 15x7 zero offset?

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/5/22 4:23 p.m.

In reply to 79rex :

Not sure honestly.  Either 15x7 or 15x8. They went away when I sold the red car.  

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
12/9/22 8:16 p.m.

Picked up a couple used two post lifts.  A rotary and a challenger.  Reportedly were working when disassembled.   For the price it was worth the gamble.  Im sure they will need some things.   Deciding whether to install myself or have them done.  

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UberDork
12/12/22 9:44 a.m.

I installed an Atlas 2 post in my garage summer 2021, just me and my brother in law. Personally, I don't thing it's too bad of a task. Just make sure the posts are completely square to each other and level upright. Hopefully you have an SDS hammer drill or can borrow one, that makes drilling into the concrete not too bad. 

Definitely buy brand new anchors from a lift manufacturer. 

Past mounting the posts, the hydraulics aren't really complicated, the lift locks can be, but just take your time and test everything out before putting a car on. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
2/9/23 11:29 p.m.

Stalled out on the lifts.  Had to order a cross bar for the rotary lift and have some missing pins/pads on the challenger.  

In the meantime the Silverado had the infamous DOD lifter failure.  Had a shop swap to a non DOD came, lifters etc.  Wasnt cheap but as my main vehicle didnt want to have it down for too long.

Also dragged home this rotary swapped AE86 coupe.  Not sure the plans for it yet. 

chiquito1228
chiquito1228 Reader
2/10/23 12:30 a.m.

Body damage missing bumper sounds like the perfect drift project

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
2/10/23 6:19 a.m.

It did come with a damaged front bumper at least.  I havent dug into yet to tell if its an sr5 or gts. 

Reportedly was running when parked after breaking a driveshaft.  It has coilovers in the rear but not the front. A ratchet strap holding the gas tank up. 

Dont know yet if its a 6 port or 4 port 13b other than it has a holley carb on a racing beat intake.  

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
2/15/23 11:03 p.m.

Lifts are up.  Just need final wiring.  Ended up hiring it out.  Based on the amount of time the owner put in I am relatively happy I chose that route.  It was two guys and a forklift most of the morning then the owner until about 5:30 finishing the intall and servicing them.  

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
2/18/23 9:43 a.m.

Lifted Miata was the first thing on the back lift.   Ignore the temporary wiring.  Front lift is waiting on pins and final wiring as well.  

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Aq8tUKz1ClKf8oE2W5FsvEipBKQU6oZy4HDa3TvLtvwu4LyRs5mEoAqAaTyJgq74