1 ... 15 16 17
Javelin
Javelin GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
6/25/15 9:12 a.m.

Javelin
6/25/15 9:15 a.m.

Here they are side-by-side. The 3.54 Twin-Grip rear is coming out of the 74 and into my 73 to replace the 2.73 Open. We might try to fire up the 74 just to see if it works.

Javelin
6/25/15 9:15 a.m.

I really just needed the first 6" of this side of the car...

bgkast
bgkast GRM+ Memberand UberDork
6/25/15 9:23 a.m.

You should always park next to it, it makes your car look FANTASTIC.

2002maniac
2002maniac Dork
6/25/15 2:25 p.m.

It looks like there's some THICK bondo on that fender.

Javelin
6/26/15 9:18 a.m.
bgkast wrote: You should always park next to it, it makes your car look FANTASTIC.

I know, right?!?

Javelin
6/26/15 9:20 a.m.
2002maniac wrote: It looks like there's some THICK bondo on that fender.

That there is, but not the little piece that I need, so it's all gravy. Check out the bumper, grill, and valance:

I'm going to take the driver's door, too:

Oh hey, lookey there, a rear spoiler!

Rad_Capz
Rad_Capz HalfDork
6/26/15 10:53 a.m.

Nice score! Are fiberglass parts available for those cars? The donor car you have looks like it would be a good candidate for a stripped down Trans Am era looking street fighter or road track car after you sell off the desireable bits.

Javelin
6/27/15 1:47 a.m.
Rad_Capz wrote: Nice score! Are fiberglass parts available for those cars? The donor car you have looks like it would be a good candidate for a stripped down Trans Am era looking street fighter or road track car after you sell off the desireable bits.

Yes, and YES, except the parts car is a rusty POS. You'd have to tube frame it, but the roof is rusty and the rear has been center-punched, so you basically wouldn't use squat out of it.

Javelin
6/29/15 12:21 a.m.

Look what showed up!

They're multiplying!

Esoteric Nixon
Esoteric Nixon SuperDork
6/29/15 1:47 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

The chills?

But really, what is that?

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltraDork
6/29/15 6:37 a.m.

Im guessing its a 401

Jerry From LA
Jerry From LA Dork
6/29/15 11:35 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: Im guessing its a 401

I'm thinking the same thing. Since there's a 360 in it now, it's the only engine left to get excited about.

Javelin
7/8/15 12:40 a.m.

Deja Vu the parts car has arrived home. Rebuilt 304 with an Edelbrock Performer intake and 600cfm carburetor, MSD Pro Billet distributor, MSD wires, MSD high energy coil, Powermaster alternator, aluminum water pump, Hedman headers, and some internal parts (Comp camshaft and springs, etc). Unfortunately, it's a 904 transmission and a 2.73 open rear end. Fortunately, it's a factory A/C car with all the components and a perfect dashboard, and has all of the body parts I need in the same factory lacquer.

Javelin
7/8/15 12:45 a.m.
Jerry From LA wrote:
Dusterbd13 wrote: Im guessing its a 401
I'm thinking the same thing. Since there's a 360 in it now, it's the only engine left to get excited about.

If you squint, you can see the air cleaner in the background. It's a 304, which is not needed, but they use the same crank as a 360, it's a 1970 - which means it has good heads with screw-in rocker studs, and it was the right price... FREE.

Javelin
11/20/15 10:40 p.m.

Well huh, I guess I kept making other threads rather than updating this one. I took the hood, RF fender, valance, buper, grill, and all brackets, lights, etc from the parts car, as well as the taillights, the entire interior, all of the A/C components, all of the speed parts, the radiator, and all of the trim and molding (except the vinyl top stuff) and installed all of it on my car, then sold what was left of the parts car for $1200! I sold some of the duplicate interior parts, the spare grill, my original front bumper, and some trim for $600. Then I sold the Edelbrock carburetor, Powermaster alternator, timing cover, water pump, and a bunch of engine brackets for $500.

Then I got my kid's car seat into the new backseat, went to an "under construction" car show with her (her first time in the car), and then went drag racing at a bracket race where I made it to the semi-finals.

Fast-forward a few months and I blew up the rear end when the LR axle bearing failed. Now it's awaiting the Explorer 8.8" swap that I bought all the parts for last year.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
11/20/15 11:12 p.m.

So the story does continue. Had me worried there for a moment.

Fitzauto
Fitzauto HalfDork
11/20/15 11:52 p.m.

Yay updates!

1 ... 15 16 17

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sSrZHfNoqIwlVWttgttKRxGae74bOWiO2A3jtHibXkFVZBfsk4otGgE8IJKxhHUA