Table of Contents

dj06482 (Forum Supporter)
dj06482 (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
9/21/21 9:13 a.m.

Following as another New England Dad!

solfly
solfly Dork
9/21/21 9:47 a.m.

Since having a kid I've been searching for the perfect dad car.

First it was an EP3 Civic Si. Definitely a fun car but not the answer with a car seat and 2 doors. Also I had owned it for quite a while and it was time for something new.

Next was a TL six speed. Definitely a good option but it was rusty and I was putting it away for winters. I figured if I was going to put away a vehicle for winter it had to be a lot better than a rusty $3000 TL. So I sold it.

After the TL sold I decided I was going to buy a muscle car. So I bought a 92 C1500 because it was super clean with 76,000 miles.

After adding the C1500 my stable was as follows:

2007 CRV - Wife's

2002 Civic sedan $500 beater

1998 EK Civic coupe

1996 K1500

1992 C1500

The Civic and the C1500 were put away last winter.

A while back I decided I was done with the beater Civic and sold it.

At that time my plan was to find another winter beater, maybe a Cherokee or a Crown Vic.

Then I decided to sell the EK Civic because I just wasn't into it anymore and I didn't feel like cramming it, my truck and my EF track car into the garage for another winter.

Around this time I drove a WRX that came into the shop and had an epiphany.

I started off by looking at marketplace and craigslist for WRXs under $15,000, you can probably imagine what I found.

Then a 2019 popped up somewhat local with ~60,000 miles on it for $20,000. It had been in an accident and repaired and had a good number of aftermarket parts on it. I went and checked it out and it was OK. Accident repair was fine but not perfect. I posted on here and a few folks steered me away from it.

Then I started looking at new ones. After looking over the options I decided the middle trim level "Premium" was the one for me. Bigger screen, sunroof, no leather and no power seat. No navigation but Android Auto so it's a wash. The prices weren't bad if I could find one that wasn't marked up so I started looking and eventually tracked one down that was coming in to a dealer about 50 miles away. I went back and forth and ended up putting a deposit on it.

On September 6th I got an email that the car was at the port and should be available around the 13th. On the 13th my salesman called and said it was in.

Friday the 17th we went and picked it up.

solfly
solfly Dork
9/21/21 9:49 a.m.

solfly
solfly Dork
9/21/21 9:53 a.m.

Does anyone know how to edit tags?

84FSP
84FSP UltraDork
9/21/21 10:04 a.m.

Looks good - world rally blue is always a winner on a scooby

solfly
solfly Dork
9/21/21 10:04 a.m.

After the purchase was done I headed home.

The first "mod" was a universal rear seat cover from Amazon which I installed in haste then swapped over the carseat from the truck so I could pick up the kiddo from daycare in the new car. We went for a short cruise and this happened:

solfly
solfly Dork
9/21/21 10:05 a.m.
84FSP said:

Looks good - world rally blue is always a winner on a scooby

Yeah, it had to be WRB.

solfly
solfly Dork
9/25/21 3:07 p.m.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
9/25/21 3:19 p.m.

Looks great, up to 1000 miles now?

solfly
solfly Dork
9/25/21 3:43 p.m.

About 300

FatMongo
FatMongo Reader
9/25/21 8:38 p.m.

Goregous car.  Congrats.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/26/21 8:37 a.m.
solfly said:

Does anyone know how to edit tags?

I'm pretty sure I can edit them.

solfly
solfly Dork
9/26/21 5:27 p.m.

Can you change blue bayou to rally blue or just blue?

Thanks

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo GRM+ Memberand Mod Squad
9/26/21 6:03 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

can do!

solfly
solfly Dork
9/26/21 8:38 p.m.

Thanks!

solfly
solfly Dork
10/16/21 8:34 a.m.

700 miles.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/16/21 8:47 a.m.

Nice. New Hampshire here but not a dad. I had a sweet '99 2.5rs coupe for a while. It was a track and snow weapon. Azenis 615s in the summer, winterforce snows in the winter. It was sweet.

It ended up getting rear-ended coming home from work and totaled. I bought it back for all the goodies and sold it to a friend who caged it and hillclimed it. It's demise was a 100' roll down a mountain (just after he had it caged!). The goodies lived on in a WRX though.

solfly
solfly Dork
10/18/21 11:29 a.m.
preach (fs) said:

Nice. New Hampshire here but not a dad. I had a sweet '99 2.5rs coupe for a while. It was a track and snow weapon. Azenis 615s in the summer, winterforce snows in the winter. It was sweet.

It ended up getting rear-ended coming home from work and totaled. I bought it back for all the goodies and sold it to a friend who caged it and hillclimed it. It's demise was a 100' roll down a mountain (just after he had it caged!). The goodies lived on in a WRX though.

Hey Preach, it's DJ from the NEOW days!

solfly
solfly Dork
10/18/21 11:29 a.m.

Just ordered a pile of stuff! Pics as it arrives.

preach (fs)
preach (fs) GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/18/21 2:53 p.m.

In reply to solfly :

Hi DJ, it's preach for the old NEOW days!

solfly
solfly Dork
10/18/21 8:25 p.m.
preach (fs) said:

In reply to solfly :

Hi DJ, it's preach for the old NEOW days!

Gunchsta
Gunchsta Dork
10/19/21 8:08 a.m.

Car looks wonderful, the question in my mind is will it be getting put away for winter? 

Seems like an awful fun car to drive in the snow, it also seems somewhat hard to subject such a shiny new car to the world of salty winter driving. 

Either way I'm sure you'll enjoy it! 

solfly
solfly Dork
10/19/21 8:27 a.m.

definitely not getting put away for the winter, part of the reason I went Subaru! i have a car wash membership that allows a wash every day and it's on my way to work so I'll be abusing that this winter

solfly
solfly Dork
10/20/21 2:43 p.m.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jjXNuPR1wGipC9Z4dsTbX8nzlIHEqUsNFdXYKMD2LejOvgkLvzBBMedVO7u5STze