1 2 3 ... 24
logdog
logdog GRM+ Memberand UltraDork
10/1/18 5:28 p.m.

Behold the newest addition to the Logdog fleet.  We are the proud second owners of a 1982 E100 we found on ebay.

This van should work in a Gentleman's Club because she is a stripper. 

1 barrel carburetor? Check.  3 on the tree manual transmission?  Check.  300 straight 6?  Check.  No windows? Check.  No cigarette lighter, cruise, windows, highback seats?  Check, check, and check.  This thing even left Lorain Ohio with manual steering but the Operations Manager we picked it up from said they went to the junkyard sometime in the late 80s/early 90s and bought a pump and box to put power steering on it.  

This van lived its whole life as a maintenance department vehicle for a school district in York PA.  Since 1990 it has been stored in a garage and was driven very little.   It has 116k miles which works out to about 3200 miles a year average.  

Lets see some pictures!

logdog
10/1/18 5:30 p.m.

logdog
10/1/18 5:32 p.m.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/18 5:37 p.m.

Dang, that van looks to be in killer shape. I've always liked the recessed taillights on that generation too.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
10/1/18 5:37 p.m.

That is an absolutely AWESOME van. All it needs is a slight lowering and a little fatter rubber.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/1/18 5:40 p.m.

Short wheelbase too! 

logdog
10/1/18 5:55 p.m.

The bad spots.  By northern standards its mint.

Somebody backed the tail pipe into something because its bent forward.  

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair GRM+ Memberand MegaDork
10/1/18 5:57 p.m.

Is it optical illusion, or are the rear wheels forward in the rear wheel openings?

logdog
10/1/18 5:57 p.m.

By my math, these tires are 10 years old.  So I will be replacing them soon.

I think this is the original circa 1982 spare.

logdog
10/1/18 6:11 p.m.

Lets take a peek at her bottom! Not sure why these are posting upside down.  They are displaying correctly when I open the file.  I assume its aliens. Pretend we are in Australia?

logdog
10/1/18 6:13 p.m.

orthoxstice
orthoxstice New Reader
10/1/18 6:22 p.m.

That's pretty incredible. I have almost no doubt in my mind that you've got a one of a kind (in terms of condition) van there. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog GRM+ Memberand Dork
10/1/18 6:35 p.m.

Time capsule.  Blank canvas, now have some fun.  Nice score.

Nate90LX
Nate90LX New Reader
10/1/18 6:41 p.m.

That is a great unicorn of a van. I almost got a van with similar specs about a decade ago, but it didn’t work out in my life. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
10/1/18 7:02 p.m.

Once Peter Egan wrote that driving a windowless van is like sitting in a cave.  

logdog
10/1/18 7:44 p.m.
Dirtydog said:

Time capsule.  Blank canvas, now have some fun.  Nice score.

We are trying to decide between a heart shaped bed with mirrored ceiling or a waterbed with skylight.laugh

logdog
10/1/18 7:49 p.m.
Dusterbd13 said:

That is an absolutely AWESOME van. All it needs is a slight lowering and a little fatter rubber.

That was along the lines of my first thoughts but it looks like lowering an Econoline is not particularly easy.  The couple lowering beams I saw were for e250/350.  More research is needed

dropstep
dropstep UltraDork
10/1/18 7:49 p.m.

I want it. That's mint for sure via Ohio standards. The fact it's a 300i6 is awesome. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
10/1/18 8:02 p.m.

This is one of the coolest things on here right now. Simply awesome.

ThatsNoUsername
ThatsNoUsername GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/1/18 8:17 p.m.

I have an irrational like for that van, i think ill be looking for one in the future.

Im a huge fan of the 300 in vans though, one of the work van has one and it dragged around the longer club wagon body with a billion tons of tools very ably for years. Not fast....but ably 

logdog
10/1/18 8:22 p.m.
dropstep said:

I want it. That's mint for sure via Ohio standards. The fact it's a 300i6 is awesome. 

Having spent my adult life in Ohio/Michigan/Pennsylvania I have skewed views of "clean" but this is pretty dang clean.  For me the cool thing is that I can still see good thread on all the hardware underneath.  Im certain I can take most things off without the big red wrench! We have been very happy with Fluid Film and I bought a fresh gallon to hose this thing down with soon.  

logdog
10/1/18 8:25 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

This is one of the coolest things on here right now. Simply awesome.

Thanks!  I haven't been this excited about a purchase in a long time.  We took it to a cookout last night and I was shocked at how many people liked it.  The 3 on a tree is an amazing conversation starter.   

logdog
10/1/18 8:27 p.m.
ThatsNoUsername said:

I have an irrational like for that van, i think ill be looking for one in the future.

Im a huge fan of the 300 in vans though, one of the work van has one and it dragged around the longer club wagon body with a billion tons of tools very ably for years. Not fast....but ably 

According to the door jamb, it has something like 2.75 gears.  What it lacks in acceleration it makes up for in cruising speed!

vwcorvette
vwcorvette GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
10/1/18 8:36 p.m.

Needs more airbrush mural on the outside. 

ThatsNoUsername
ThatsNoUsername GRM+ Memberand HalfDork
10/1/18 8:37 p.m.
logdog said:
ThatsNoUsername said:

According to the door jamb, it has something like 2.75 gears.  What it lacks in acceleration it makes up for in cruising speed!

All the torque that the 300 puts out makes up for it.

We have another clubwagon with a 351. Seat of the pants it feels like the same power

1 2 3 ... 24

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5TUdmTJjorvDHOwzdxKNdXPUCBKA5p4fO1o08AjBw7T0ApyzxHss0vWqzn8dwP4q