1 ... 9 10 11
gamby
gamby UltimaDork
5/1/16 11:14 p.m.

In reply to beans:

A lot (most) of the pics in this thread are now dead links. Could we see a current pic of it?

beans
beans Dork
5/4/16 11:17 p.m.

I'll see what I can do. Facebook changed their url's and it killed most of the older ones. I'd use photobucket but their interface pisses me off.

Wait about a week or two and I'll have some new ones up.

beans
beans Dork
6/13/16 11:55 a.m.

Sorry I've kind of been neglecting this thread. No internet at home makes it a pain to do anything online.

Took a deposit on the Racing harts, three some 225/45/17 Sumitomo HTR P02 A/S's on the Axis wheels, and will be changing the oil pan gasket and putting the old transmission back in as I'll be driving the Racing harts out to California in about a week and a half. 5000 miles at 4000rpm+ doesn't sound too much fun, it'll be much more comfortable at 3000rpm and get much better mileage.

Wait, wut? Yup, driving to California to sell some wheels. Oh, and this:

http://caliaccordmeet.com/site/

Kind of a last minute decision, but I had some vacation time come free since I'm not going to Colorado anymore with my dad since he tore his rotator cuff. My girlfriend is in Germany for two more weeks, and the wheel sale pretty much pays for my trip. So I said "Why the berkeley not?"

Plan: leave Toledo for Nashville June 21st. Meet with Accord guys in Houston the 22nd. Drive to El Paso the 23rd. L.A. the 24th. CAM the 25th. Leave LA the 26th, try to get as far into Utah or Colorado as I can. 27th get to my grandparents in Nebraska. 28th make it home to pick up my girlfriend from her flight from Germany.

7 days of driving for 1 day in L.A. gonna be fun! If anyone wants to let me sleep on their couch in Nashville or in the return trip, let me know!

beans
beans Dork
6/16/16 9:15 p.m.

Got the old trans back in today, gonna change the oil and she's ready for the trip to California.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Reader
6/16/16 9:42 p.m.

That's quite the trip! Take pictures!

I like those axis wheels. Do they have some sort of center cap?

Autolex
Autolex Dork
6/17/16 8:08 a.m.
beans wrote: I'll see what I can do. Facebook changed their url's and it killed most of the older ones. I'd use photobucket but their interface pisses me off.

Please, for the love of god, check out IMGUR

jfryjfry
jfryjfry New Reader
6/17/16 11:55 a.m.

I'm close to San Pedro if you run into any issues

beans
beans Dork
6/24/16 1:05 a.m.

Cancelled my trip to CAM, Aaaaaaand it's gone.

Sold the car today for $2400. Keeping some parts to sell. I just don't have the time, patience, and attention span right now for a "project" car. I'm tired of constantly spending money on it for zero ROI. I'm tired of having an uncomfortable commute without a/c and a bunch of other niceties. Not right now. I need to focus on other stuff. I'm 30, I need to get my life in order.

If all goes well, I should be in something a lot more fun and brand new by the end of the weekend.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UberDork
6/25/16 8:05 a.m.

Whoa, that happened quick

beans
beans Dork
6/28/16 10:46 p.m.

GET FiST'd

Go scope the new whip!

beans
beans Dork
4/29/22 10:25 a.m.

In typical idiot fashion I ended up buying this car back about 2 years ago. Replaced all the rotted brake and fuel lines(and filter), robbed my 1st gen CL of its 5 lug conversion and threw on my 02-04 RSX wheels wrapped in 205/55R16 Nokian zLine A/S's as they were cheap from Walmart in ~2019 when I got them for my CL. I bought a set of Monroe Sensatracs on clearance for about $6-7 a piece and threw on some $100 Neuspeed Sport Accord V6 springs, chosen for their linear front spring rate and reasonable ride height, to refresh the suspension that was pulled off and went to the CL. The upper control arms in the front were replaced and the rear progress suspension sway bar was removed. I pulled a JDM M2S4 transmission from a swapped prelude in the junkyard, pulled it apart for inspection, three it back together with a reseal and tossed it in the car. The exedy stage 1 clutch still looked good and felt good so it stayed. The K-tuned shifter cable bushings had exited the building(cheap junk) so they were swapped out with some MUCH nicer Hybrid Racing units. I'll never use another K-tuned product. I removed the velocity stack and giant filter for a modified 94-01 Integra airbox and fresh paper filter. The older custom 2.5" exhaust with vibrant components was taken off as it was too loud and replaced with a new 2.5" system that started life as a $100 ebay special and then got modified and mufflers replaced with Cherry Bomb Salute mufflers - these I absolutely love. Cheap, good looking, effective. The rear unit is a single in, dual out with some reasonably sized square magnaflow tips to keep it OEM looking. The 4th gen prelude shifter received a tenzoR short shift adapter I found in my toolbox that must've come out of something at the junkyard. I replaced the valvecover, gasket, and oilpan gasket with new stuff. The distributor got a reseal+cap/rotor and was converted to internal coil with an adjustable base from an OBD1 civic D15B7.

I've only put about 8k on it since then - I drove about 40k a year for work in a work supplied Ford Ecosport so this thing pretty much sits all week until I wanna go drive around on the weekends after I put my daughter to sleep. Its too rusty for spawn hauling duties and way beyond saving but it still drives awesome so im kinda just waiting for something to break bad enough that I can't fix it to pull it off the road and use its goodies for my CL.

If I had to guess, this time around, I've easily got less than $2k into this thing including the re-purchase price of $1100. If I wasn't such a rust heap I would bring it down to the challenge. I did only pay $600 for my CL....

beans
beans Dork
4/29/22 10:39 a.m.

beans
beans Dork
4/29/22 10:49 a.m.

Since I last posted theres been some other changes. Quick rundown: 

2016: leased a Fiesta ST for 3 years, moved in with my now wife, got 2 cats, hit 1 year of sobriety 

2017: got engaged, rebuilt a 1998 Prelude for fun, got new job measuring countertops

2018: sold Prelude, got married, bought my CL, modded CL, wife preggers

2019: bought house, started renovations, spawn was born, broke CL(blew up 4 sad auto), parked, started disassembly for swap.

2020: bought Accord back, fixed EVERYTHING(so it seems like) with Accord, kept renovating and parts hoarding

2021: got promoted to dept supervisor, more house renovations, survived apocalypse 

Thats been my life in a nutshell. Getting sober, marriage, and become a dad has been pretty awesome though. Home ownership is a total pain, especially now with a (decent)combined income, an indecisive wife, and working in an industry where I'm in new and expensive homes every day.

Run_Away
Run_Away GRM+ Memberand Dork
4/29/22 10:20 p.m.

Unloved Honda gang heart

Whats the engine setup now? Cammed F23?

beans
beans Dork
4/30/22 2:43 p.m.

In reply to Run_Away :

Nope, still just a unknown $300 F23A1 that I haven't ever had the head off of or done the timing belt on since I swapped it in back in... 2014? Probably has 170k on the engine at this point since it had about 100k on it when it was plopped in. Its fairly strong - in a simulation, it was able to doorbang with a bolt on 9th gen Si from a common freeway speed limit up to a century, so its not too bad, in a simulation, especially for 150whp/tq. I do have an F23A5 non-VTEC cam and rocker assembly I thought about swapping it over to and having Web do a hardweld with a near K20A-R profile. The Delta regrinds are much cheaper but I think the lobe height just isn't there to get a decent profile and the results I've seen of 272's leave a lot to be desired for torque output. Plus I don't feel like dropping probably $1000 between the cam, springs, and retune on something I'm just waiting on to die - I can put that towards the CL and be a lot further along.

Its too bad I can't find a clean cheap shell anywhere around here - I love this car so much and would love to keep its "soul" alive.

1 ... 9 10 11

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
N98UL87ODZemkkkOt2gHtQJ5Rr7ayIVY7AVg9TY4yyrHP7VdFurHdtcwwXfvu6Sk