1 2 3
cruisermatt
cruisermatt Reader
1/31/22 1:33 p.m.

some dudes are just weird.

CarMichaelangelo1
CarMichaelangelo1 New Reader
1/31/22 1:50 p.m.

This post has received too many downvotes to be displayed.

birdmayne
birdmayne GRM+ Memberand Reader
1/31/22 2:15 p.m.

In reply to CarMichaelangelo1 :

Where do you take your talents from here? I love following builds of this caliber.

CarMichaelangelo1
1/31/22 2:35 p.m.

In reply to birdmayne :

i was searching for a place when I landed here, I'll be more careful to look at the similar content next time.

jovibuilt
jovibuilt New Reader
1/31/22 4:25 p.m.

In reply to GasTungstenArc :

It's not the first time or first forum either.

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
1/31/22 4:30 p.m.

I'm genuinely curious about this one...CarMichaelangelo1, you indicated you don't like car shows (especially single marque shows) and then just said today that you don't like it here because we're not all into the sort of cars you like. That's some Goldilocks stuff right there. Just what is the perfect medium you're looking for here? Domestic, but not purists. Modifiers, but not too Euro or Japanese. Lots of people posting to your thread, but not posting to other threads so yours gets buried. I mean...go where you want, I'm just confused about the contradictions here. I like Euro stuff myself, but really appreciate the sort of work you've done on your car and read every bit of what you posted. I'd like to read more and share my knowledge with you and learn from you in turn. 

Bird-bender
Bird-bender New Reader
1/31/22 5:21 p.m.

Gentlefolk, I apologize up front.

But, poor baby; it appears that we were inadequate in our fawning over his little project.

However, we still have Stampie's reheated left overs and the glorious Su-baa-ru to salve our interests...

Rock on, gentlefolk!

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
1/31/22 6:32 p.m.

Try http://Carmichealangelo1.com/forum . They will dig it there.

CarMichaelangelo1
1/31/22 7:25 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

Since I'm already being labeled and second guessed and ridiculed as to my motives for moving on here, I'll answer your questions and then if admin will either lock, or close this thing and remove me from the collective I'll move on. 
Don't confuse my dislike for one brand auto events, for a blanket acceptance of everything else. What I expected of this forum, and what it is in reality are the reasons for leaving. There are numerous folks here that are infinitely more talented than I, but if that talent revolves around making an auto cross chassis work, I don't have any reason to belong there.  Or a stock resto of a WRX, or a drag race build, or or, or..I take no issue with any of them, I think the forum needs some categories so that it's not just one big lumpy pile of potatoes.

American body street machines. The likes of which populate every Saturday night cruise in. That's where I belong. 
So that's that I guess.

GasTungstenArc
GasTungstenArc Reader
2/1/22 7:59 a.m.

Carmichaelangelo1--Carmy--can I call you Carmy?

The good news is that now your thread is getting lots of attention and staying near the top.  There's nothing here but confused lookers-on and a petty and possibly narcissistic man, but for those who crave attention, any attention is better than none.

Yes, they are your pictures of your work, but it's a dated and "web 1.0" way to think about sharing your car projects online.  The reality is that the online car community is interconnected if not cooperative.  Your stuff and mine gets shared and reshared, and goes across the world on different forums to help and inspire others.  Yes, it's your car and your project and your pictures and your knowledge, but the only thing that you're actually going to keep for yourself is the car itself.  I guarantee you that there are pictures of your project out there somewhere, enlightening and inspiring others--and--gulp--helping to generate views and ad revenues.  Much like the 16 year old girl who shows her boobies on TikTok, you're out there already.  The bad part is that you won't know where so you won't get the shower of praise and adoration.  

GasTungstenArc
GasTungstenArc Reader
2/1/22 7:59 a.m.
preach (dudeist priest) said:

Try http://Carmichealangelo1.com/forum . They will dig it there.

I love that place.  It's the best online circle jerk I've ever seen.  

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/1/22 8:26 a.m.

OK Gang, the man wasn't happy here for whatever reasons and has decided to leave. I think this forum is the most welcoming place on the internet, but he doesn't appear to share that opinion and picking on him isn't going to change his mind. It's time to leave the fellow alone.

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/1/22 10:48 a.m.

Besides, there's already a 2JZ - Fox body swap here on the Forum, for the $2000 challenge even.. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/2000-challenge/2022-build-2jz-fox-body/187458/page1/

DeadSkunk (Warren) said:

OK Gang, the man wasn't happy here for whatever reasons and has decided to leave. I think this forum is the most welcoming place on the internet, but he doesn't appear to share that opinion and picking on him isn't going to change his mind. It's time to leave the fellow alone.

Amen.  This is by far, the most engaging, welcoming, web site I've seen.

CarMichaelangelo1
2/1/22 1:44 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Jeez...

I said NOTHING about not feeling welcome here. I stated simply that i didn't like the forum layout. I also said something to the effect that I didn't think myself so important that I would expect that the forum rearrange itself to suit me. I also said something to the effect that I would've like to have seen better grouping of the different builds into more specific sub forums, to keep similar interests more focused. lastly, I said that instead of hoping for any of that I'd just take my sht an go. As to how "welcoming" this place has been since,...go up a few replies. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
2/1/22 1:54 p.m.

In reply to CarMichaelangelo1 :

Then I apologize for misunderstanding.

GasTungstenArc
GasTungstenArc Reader
2/1/22 2:54 p.m.
CarMichaelangelo1 said:

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

As to how "welcoming" this place has been since,...go up a few replies. 

This place is super welcoming and with the best signal:noise ratio of any forum I have seen.  When somebody complains that his posts aren't getting enough attention, then says he's going to stop posting because he's not getting enough attention, then pulls down all of his content and also continues to post on a now worthless thread, you might expect to find some head scratching and maybe even a little unfriendliness.  This site isn't about ego, so when somebody shows up with ego, expect it to rattle people a little.  

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/1/22 5:03 p.m.

cfvwtuner
cfvwtuner New Reader
2/2/22 7:40 a.m.

This is kinda the same thing as the guy doing the transit van conversion thing.

This is the most welcoming forum I've seen in a good 24 years of foruming.  If people arent asking for help and documenting their insanity that's great.  If people are asking for help with their insanity, they get it. 

I wish I could be more involved, or had a project to document here for others to enjoy, but currently I dont.

GasTungstenArc
GasTungstenArc Reader
2/2/22 8:33 a.m.
jovibuilt said:

It's not the first time or first forum either.

You mean that the same guy has done this in other forums?

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) GRM+ Memberand Dork
2/2/22 1:38 p.m.

Please let this die.

The car is meh, the fab was awesome, the guy is odd, the thread is over.

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) GRM+ Memberand SuperDork
2/2/22 8:29 p.m.

I think the car is cool.  I kind of understand that the build forum might be subdivided to keep street cruiser separate from rally cars.  I could see that, but it's not a huge deal breaker for me.  No place on the internet is perfect, because people.  I hope you and your car find happiness in that or wherever you choose to land.

And I just want to go on record saying everyone here is weird in their own ways.  

jovibuilt
jovibuilt New Reader
2/3/22 6:51 a.m.

I sent you a message. pm or dm or whatever its called.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
m0LNJ5BJhQZ6hItyedqp53tTx6jNBxUCJ6ny4uKiesGZLcScoxXhcveNu5M234Vj